Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 22:08   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs

Quote:
If I had such leeway, then would have gone ahead & waited for FZ09
If you do have the budget wait for the MT09. Its a different animal, lighter, nimble and a fun beast to ride around. I wished they retained FZ09 simply because FZ is legendary when it comes to Yamaha and MT almost feels like a compromise.

There is only one point i want to make with respect to ABS. A nice Brembo set up with the right caliper, cylinder and break pads will still stop the bike in an instant. ABS does help but for example the KTM390 will take longer to stop compared to the benelli 899 simply because of the actual breaking components.

Do take that into consideration and review what break system is provided apart from ABS. If they are still one grade lower, think about upgrading those parts to simply make the ABS super effective.

You should consider the 3 cylinder as well. If you are considering 4 cylinder inline for sound and still some riding pleasure, just get the Benelli 600i with ABS(To be launched) and fit that IXIL exhaust. It sounds like a formula engine on track.

VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:51   #92
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

For city riding - I guess the only options you have to chose from are the Z800 and the Street Triple. They both are good bikes - I haven't ridden the ST much, but its a fairly light bike when compared to the Z800. The only thing that goes against it is the stalling issue (which you could probably check with new ST owners if they are facing it with the new models).

Regarding the cost of ownership on the Z800 - its definitely more than the ST.
Fuel - You have to fill in 95(+)RON which is expensive. Its fine to use regular fuel - but then the engine doesn't fell as smooth and refined as 95+RON.
Service Intervals - are every 6 months or 6000 kms (against the ST which is 1 year / 10,000 kms). Z800 1st and 2nd Service Cost = 8000. ST 1st and 2nd Service Cost = 6500. So in a year - you are spending ~6500 on the ST and ~16000 on the Z just on servicing.

There are a lot of factors which you would need to look into before deciding on any of these options. If you are deciding it with your heart - then you don't have to think further.

But if you deciding with your mind :
  • Check reviews and ownership. There are plenty of ST and Z800 reviews on the forum (and other bike forums as well).
  • Test ride both the bikes extensively in the city as well as on open stretches to get a good feel of both the bikes.
  • Check out the Service Costs / Intervals
  • Check for stalling issues (if you are set on the ST). I don't know of any issues faced in the Z800 - so nothing to look out for.
  • Check for pre-owned ST's / Z800's (or any Indian invoice bikes) - you will find a couple of them on the Superbike Facebook page. The best part of a good used bike is you get it at 10-15% lower price + loaded with all the bells and whistles (with an exhaust if you get lucky)
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 23:11   #93
BHPian

Im using Shell Vpower, BP Speed 91 on my bike. When I get a chance I try to fill Speed 97 but this is not always the case. My bike runs fine with this...
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 21:58   #94
BHPian

Today I took a TD of Street triple.

Observations :

1. Ride posture is pretty tough, My height is 6+. I really didn't feel at all comfortable.
2. Don't know but, did not felt any adrenaline rush of speed as mentioned on many sites. May be I didn't push the throttle hard enough. I was expecting a mad rush, but acceleration was much linear.
3. Bike is pretty light and easily flickable. Really it is the best one to ride in city. Did not felt as big brute compared to Z800.

When I sat on a speed triple, felt the posture much upright and much comfortable to street triple.

Truimph Kochi has 2015 model of speed triple and you can get a very very decent discount on it. For me it is way beyond my budget .

So as of now have decided to go for Z800 and paid the booking advance. Bike promised in 15 days, and ofcourse would be January 2016 manufactured one as promised by Khivraj Kawasaki.

Two colour variations are available, Black(with a tinge of green) and Black with candy red thrown in. Opted to the later. It looks much better in real flesh. Felt the colour is much subtle. The legendary Kawasaki colour is not available. It can be had as an accessory by paying 25K, which I think can be spent much wisely in safety gears.
Old 9th March 2016, 23:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post

Truimph Kochi has 2015 model of speed triple and you can get a very very decent discount on it. For me it is way beyond my budget .
Was curious to know discount on speed triple. Is it over 1L
Quote:
So as of now have decided to go for Z800 and paid the booking advance. Bike promised in 15 days, and ofcourse would be January 2016 manufactured one as promised by Khivraj Kawasaki.
Congrats. Z800 is a wonderful machine.

Quote:
The legendary Kawasaki colour is not available. It can be had as an accessory by paying 25K, which I think can be spent much wisely in safety gears.
What is green color accessory? Is it a wrap.

All the best and ride safe.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 02:04   #96
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Vasuki. Will be waiting for a detailed thread once you get your Z. Regarding the legendary color being available as an accessory - could you elaborate more on it? Is it the glossy green color or Matt green? Is is paint or wrap? Would love to know what it includes.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 03:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Im using Shell Vpower, BP Speed 91 on my bike. When I get a chance I try to fill Speed 97 but this is not always the case. My bike runs fine with this...
hi,

where in Bangalore is Speed 97 available?

Regards,
Old 10th March 2016, 10:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Was curious to know discount on speed triple. Is it over 1L

Congrats. Z800 is a wonderful machine.

What is green color accessory? Is it a wrap.

All the best and ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congrats Vasuki. Will be waiting for a detailed thread once you get your Z. Regarding the legendary color being available as an accessory - could you elaborate more on it? Is it the glossy green color or Matt green? Is is paint or wrap? Would love to know what it includes.
Thanks.

Yes, speed triple can be had, 1 Lakh off the OTR plus some more can be obtained, depends on bargaining skills

Actually it is not a wrap. Basically they are providing green coloured accessories/parts like mudguard , plastic above headlight and some others.

I believe it is glossy green, didn't get into details as was not interested to sped additional 25K.
Old 10th March 2016, 11:19   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
hi,

where in Bangalore is Speed 97 available?

Regards,
There is a thread discussing this somewhere but it is slightly outdated. Nagpal's on Residency road always has stock of 97. The bunk next to Toms cafe near Coles park has on some days. The bunk on Museum road next to Khivraj center also has on some occasions.
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 18:11   #100
BHPian

How to decode Kawasaki VIN? Google throws up multitude of links but information is not correct.
Old 24th March 2016, 22:48   #101

Z800 vs CBR650F

Super bikes are dreams of everyone I guess, never remember any boy kid not falling in love with these beautiful piece of art on the streets.
Unfortunately our country have tasted the blood off too late, thanks to heavy custom duties, 'kitna deti hai' concept and silky roads we have around

Manufacturers took there own sweet time to enter the market with these super drool worthy machines. Kudos to Kawasaki, that first entered the market with Ninja 250R. The bike was an instant hit with the enthusiasts across the country and Green soon became the colour of racing on the streets.
4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs-images-2.jpg

Then came the CBR 250R and I guess was the first quarter litre bike that gave true competition to the accomplished Ninja,

But as time passed by, 250cc became quite common on the streets and now we have half liter bikes as a new trainer's bike. Herr enters the three main players, Started of with Hyosung GT650R, then came Ninja Z800 in its naked avatar and now the Honda CBR650F,

Hyosung is not being considered as it doesn't hold a candle in front of either the Honda or the ninja in sheer quality (on offense to Hyosung owners) this is only my perception and I could be completely wrong about it.

Honda CBR650F
4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs-images-5.jpg

Pros;
Sheer quality
Very comfortable saddle
Honda service Centre at walkaway distance
Fully faired
Looker in its own right
More forgiving (upright stance)
Wind deflector

Cons;
Steep price tag, on road comes to 8.29 lacs
85 bhp is nowhere close to 112bhp of Ninja
Muted exhaust (no one will know you are coming)lol
Not a supersports, more of a tourer
Have alternative like Ninja Z800 alongside

Ninja Z800
4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs-images-6.jpg

pros;
112 bhp on tap, what else would you want
Aggressive looking stance
Priced only 20 grands above Honda
Awesome exhaust, the block will know you are back home

Cons;
Naked bike, not to everyone's taste
No wonder deflector, a definite problem for highway cruisers
Pillion seat is a joke, she will end up hating you
Engine heat is unbearable at City speeds and stop n go traffic
Overall maintenance shall be a tad above Honda (not sure)

My bet, if it's for posing and for 80% city driving, it should be Honda, on the contrary, if it's for the blast of machine it should be Ninja. What is everyone else's perception here???

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th March 2016 at 02:22. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 10:56   #102
BHPian

Re: Z800 vs CBR650F

Quote:
Originally Posted by understated View Post
Ninja Z800

pros;
112 bhp on tap, what else would you want
Aggressive looking stance
Priced only 20 grands above Honda
Awesome exhaust, the block will know you are back home

Cons;
Naked bike, not to everyone's taste
No wonder deflector, a definite problem for highway cruisers
Pillion seat is a joke, she will end up hating you
Engine heat is unbearable at City speeds and stop n go traffic
Overall maintenance shall be a tad above Honda (not sure)

My bet, if it's for posing and for 80% city driving, it should be Honda, on the contrary, if it's for the blast of machine it should be Ninja. What is everyone else's perception here???
First point to clarify, it is not a Ninja Z800. The ninja series and the Z series are two different lines of Kawasaki. So it is just the Kawasaki Z800.

I think most owners found the Z800 exhaust to be quite muted. I know at least I did, got it changed as did all of my friends who own a Z.

From your list:
Cons;
No wonder deflector, a definite problem for highway cruisers - What is a wonder deflector?
Pillion seat is a joke, she will end up hating you - Not had any complaints yet, but I have found the riders saddle to be on the firm side.
Engine heat is unbearable at City speeds and stop n go traffic - Pretty much the story of any superbike.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 23:53   #103

Re: Z800 vs CBR650F

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
First point to clarify, it is not a Ninja Z800. The ninja series and the Z series are two different lines of Kawasaki. So it is just the Kawasaki Z800.

I think most owners found the Z800 exhaust to be quite muted. I know at least I did, got it changed as did all of my friends who own a Z.

From your list:
Cons;
No wonder deflector, a definite problem for highway cruisers - What is a wonder deflector?
Oops sorry for adding Ninja to the Z series,
And it was supposed to be No wonder, Deflector

Well you could say that the exhaust is Muted on Z800 for a four cylinder, but in comparison to the Honda, it sounds quite purposeful

And yeah, the heating problems is quite common problem for supersports but I guess a fully faired bike gives you an edge to disperse the heat away from you,
Old 1st April 2016, 14:26   #104
BHPian

I had swapped my bike with my friend's Scrambler for the last couple of days. After riding that in traffic, I will never again complain about heating issues on my bike
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 16:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Today I took a TD of Street triple.

Two colour variations are available, Black(with a tinge of green) and Black with candy red thrown in. Opted to the later. It looks much better in real flesh. Felt the colour is much subtle. The legendary Kawasaki colour is not available. It can be had as an accessory by paying 25K, which I think can be spent much wisely in safety gears.
Congrats! We have few Z800 @ Trivandrum too. I love the rear look of the Z1000 and its sound!
I know few people @ Kawasaki Cochin Ping if you need any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
I had swapped my bike with my friend's Scrambler for the last couple of days. After riding that in traffic, I will never again complain about heating issues on my bike
Someone else said the same in another thread here. Apart from that, hows the bike?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks