Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2016, 22:38   #106
BHPian

Re: 4-Cylinder Naked Bike under 10 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Someone else said the same in another thread here. Apart from that, hows the bike?
In my view, I think that the Scrambler is a perfect city bike with good touring capability. If you want a bike that you can ride to work everyday (assuming that there are few traffic stops) and also go on that Leh trip when you want, then this is the bike for you.

What I find I didnt like too much on it -
1. If you even stop for more than 10 seconds, your thighs are toast.
2. While the upshifts are smooth, the downshifts are very notchy and there is a pronounced false neutral from 6th to 5th
3. The engine does not like to be revved and you need to shift quickly to really enjoy the bike and the torque it provides. Therefore I would say a decent cruising speed is around 130ish, beyond that it feels stressed and also just way too much windblast

Having said all that, I am enjoying the bike because I can do things that I cannot do on my bike and it puts a grin on my face each time I ride her!
Old 3rd April 2016, 19:17   #107
BHPian

Interesting points and views on this article -

http://overdrive.in/reviews/comparo-...-600i-vs-z800/
Old 13th April 2016, 09:28   #108
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if this can be treated as a reliable source, but CKD assembly of the popular Z800 can really take the fight to some of the other players like Benelli.

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2016/0...d-at-6-5-lakh/
Old 13th April 2016, 10:04   #109
BHPian

I saw this news in a couple of places also but am wondering how Kawa India will deal with the pricing of the Z800 being in line with the Ninja/Versys 650? Unless to decide to reduce that also by a significant margin..
Old 13th April 2016, 22:34   #110
BHPian

yeah...that will be great..is kawasaki introducing zx6r by any chance ?
Old 25th April 2016, 18:46   #111

Benelli 600i or other option ?

Hi All, last two months i am wandering around to choose a 600cc bike & my budget is of 6 lakhs.

I need your suggestions or alternative choices.

As of now, i own couple of bikes:

1. My first earning & Love, Pulsar twin spark 2003 model.
2. Wife's first earning, Activa 2005 model.
3. Favorite legendary one, RX135 4 speed 1994 model.
4. One antique piece baja SX Enduro 4 speed.

Now i am trying to fulfill my dream of 17 years, which i couldn't convince myself because of my responsibilities & priorities all these days.

My dream bike is always Yamaha YZF R6, and i am not really interested in buying a used one. Then i had my first choice which is almost a replica of Yamaha R6 & that is Benelli 600i.

Between these guys, which are in common & my must is:

1. Sweet roaring sound (which actually made me a super bike fan).
2. Inline four cylinder.
3. Exhaust under tail pipe.

There is one disappointment, benelli is a naked version & i need a fairing one. when probed i could understand that, their is a upcoming model called Tornado 302 but its a 300cc.

Benelli 600i upcoming version will have ABS as addition and not the fairing.

My bhpians please help me in choosing my dream bike, my expectations are very simple:

1. I need a good sound.
2. Fairing, a typical sports bike look.
3. Tail pipe exhaust...
4. Descent horse power.

Thanks in advance...
Old 25th April 2016, 20:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Benelli 600i or other option ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRider View Post
............my budget is of 6 lakhs.
my must is:

2. Inline four cylinder.

my expectations are very simple:

1. I need a good sound.
2. Only thing that it does not have - Fairing, a typical sports bike look.
3. Tail pipe exhaust...
You have basically defined what the Benelli is. Kindly proceed with the purchase and treat us to an ownership review
Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 20:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Afaik the R6 never came with an exhaust under the tail light. Anyway, seems like you really need to ask yourself what you want out of the bike, again. The requirements you stated are a bit immature for someone looking for a 600cc motorcycle.

For starters, when you say you want a fairing, do you mean just any bike with a fairing or a supersport?
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 20:35   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Between these guys, which are in common & my must is:

2. Inline four cylinder.

There is one disappointment, benelli is a naked version & i need a fairing one. when probed i could understand that, their is a upcoming model called Tornado 302 but its a 300cc.

Benelli 600i upcoming version will have ABS as addition and not the fairing.

My bhpians please help me in choosing my dream bike, my expectations are very simple:

1. I need a good sound.

2. Fairing, a typical sports bike look.

3. Tail pipe exhaust...

4. Descent horse power.

Thanks in advance...

The 300 might be a twin, but it doesn't sound like one. In fact, it can shame some bigger bikes too in the sound department.

I would suggest you to wait for both the Tornado 300 and the ABS version of the 600i before making a decision.

Tornado might meet all your needs and save some cash as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 20:41   #115
BHPian

I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned the CBR 650. Since your primary requirements are inline4 exhaust note/supersport fairing and power, the Honda seems to be perfect for you, except the pricing.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 22:30   #116
BHPian

In that case the most nearest to your requirement would be either the Honda CBR 650.

Or else the Triumph Daytona is the most delicious bike and it check-boxes all your requirements too. Both are out of your budget though.

If you slightly up the budget and forego the fairing requirement then nothing beats the Kawasaki Z800.

Since you are keen on the sound the Ninja, Versys and ER6N get ruled out but they are the most value for money in this segment.

Hence given the budget - its Benelli 600 !!

Or why not go for a 300 cc Tornado, save for a few years and go for a bigger bike ;-)

Last edited by The Great : 25th April 2016 at 22:59.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:34   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Afaik the R6 never came with an exhaust under the tail light. Anyway, seems like you really need to ask yourself what you want out of the bike, again. The requirements you stated are a bit immature for someone looking for a 600cc motorcycle.

For starters, when you say you want a fairing, do you mean just any bike with a fairing or a supersport?
Ya Ishaan, r6 never had a exhaust under tail pipe. Then the one which my friend owns is a customised one i believe, he bought a used one and it spends most of the time in the garage and he gets to use it very rare. That's the reason i am pushing up myself to buy a new one...

Actually i need the super sport look... actually i like all models in Hyosung & kawasaki, but none of the 600cc are inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I'm surprised that you haven't mentioned the CBR 650. Since your primary requirements are inline4 exhaust note/supersport fairing and power, the Honda seems to be perfect for you, except the pricing.
I cant afford man, itself about 8.5lacs onroad in bangalore.

Last edited by Zappo : 26th April 2016 at 13:40. Reason: No back to back posts please. Learn to use the Multiquote button (in Announcement Section) to respond to everyone in a single post.
Old 26th April 2016, 13:41   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
In that case the most nearest to your requirement would be either the Honda CBR 650.

Or else the Triumph Daytona is the most delicious bike and it check-boxes all your requirements too. Both are out of your budget though.

If you slightly up the budget and forego the fairing requirement then nothing beats the Kawasaki Z800.

Since you are keen on the sound the Ninja, Versys and ER6N get ruled out but they are the most value for money in this segment.

Hence given the budget - its Benelli 600 !!

Or why not go for a 300 cc Tornado, save for a few years and go for a bigger bike ;-)
That's a good advice, actually I was planning for a down payment of 3.5lacs and the rest by loan. With your advice I can buy the tornado & live life with out EMI? I will rethink the whole plan. Thanks buddy...
Old 26th April 2016, 13:49   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually i need the super sport look... actually i like all models in Hyosung & kawasaki, but none of the 600cc are inline
Forget about the looks for a second do you want a streetfighter, tourer, sportbike or supersport? When you say you want the supersport look, are you willing to commit to the aggressive riding position considering your previous bikes had you sitting upright? Plus if you are looking a brand new bikes, you won't get a supersport in your budget.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 19:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
That's a good advice, actually I was planning for a down payment of 3.5lacs and the rest by loan. With your advice I can buy the tornado & live life with out EMI? I will rethink the whole plan. Thanks buddy...
In that case do give the KTM duke 390 or RC 390 a good thought.

The performance of the 390 is nothing short of phenomenal at a deadly great price.

Just give it a chance of 1 test ride and you will know what I am saying. I am sure you will be sold in the first 10 seconds of the test ride itself.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks