Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 23:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in

Hey. Query haven't checked online but what does the "Tire Dresser" do exactly? Also, did you check muc off products as well?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Odeen12 : 17th April 2015 at 23:13.
Old 18th April 2015, 00:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Hey. Query haven't checked online but what does the "Tire Dresser" do exactly? Also, did you check muc off products as well?
Thanks in advance.
Tire Dresser, as the name suggests, cleans the wheels ( tires + wheels) of dirt, greease, oxidation marks etc. Good for longer life for the tires and shiny blingy looks as well
Old 18th April 2015, 00:14   #48
BHPian

Congrats Sojogator, the Z800 is a sweet bike, perfect for those who want to blend in - silent at low revs, but makes sweet music at 6000+. Hoping for a few videos with the engine on song sometime

Odeen - tire dresser is for making tyres look clean and glossy black. Just the sides, not the contact/tread area , that's a recipe for disaster.
Old 18th April 2015, 00:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Congrats Sojogator, the Z800 is a sweet bike, perfect for those who want to blend in - silent at low revs, but makes sweet music at 6000+. Hoping for a few videos with the engine on song sometime

Odeen - tire dresser is for making tyres look clean and glossy black. Just the sides, not the contact/tread area , that's a recipe for disaster.
Thanks mate !

Absolutely and that is one of the reason behind getting her and also the present reason behind not planning an upgraded slip on. I just love her purr before she growls. (Her looks steals the stares though)

The music is brilliant at over 6K in steady rpms or whenever you are accelerating a tad bit hard. Just the character I was looking for.

Also cleans and keeps the wheels/alloys healthy too.
Old 18th April 2015, 10:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
3. 3M Shampoo - Wash her up, once in a while - Amazon
Mate suggest you to use the ArmorAll Wax and Wash instead of the Shampoo. It comes with a its quota of Wax and applying polish next makes it very easy task.

Think its a tad expensive but very good for the Hard Water we have in Bangalore.

We have lot of Detailing Gurus suggest you to PM them and get a combo suiting the bike.

Be very careful with the tire dresser, Have had a couple of uneasy moments on my X-Big Bike
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 12:04   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate suggest you to use the ArmorAll Wax and Wash instead of the Shampoo. It comes with a its quota of Wax and applying polish next makes it very easy task.

Think its a tad expensive but very good for the Hard Water we have in Bangalore.

We have lot of Detailing Gurus suggest you to PM them and get a combo suiting the bike.

Be very careful with the tire dresser, Have had a couple of uneasy moments on my X-Big Bike
Good info right there. Actually I returned all the products except the duster and the micro fiber last night.

Can you PM me the names or what I would need to get instead of what I got ?

These ? And which polish ?
http://www.amazon.in/Armor-All-24001...l+wash+and+wax

http://www.amazon.in/Armor-All-25178...l+wash+and+wax

Last edited by Sojogator : 18th April 2015 at 12:07.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 12:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you PM me the names or what I would need to get instead of what I got ?
Suppose instead of the PM let me share my 2 cents and people can correct it if required.

1) ArmorAll Wax and Wash (http://www.amazon.in/Armor-All-25178...l+wash+and+wax)

2) Meguiars Pre wax Gloss (http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G19216...ltimate+polish)

3) Collinite 845 which is a very good sealant (http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liqu.../dp/B000JK2D06)

This was the kit I was generally using for my Vehicle along with few splashes of Colin for the mirrors, head lights, tail lamp console.

Am not a big fan of Micro-Fiber and used to use White Waste which you will have to look around. Do not buy the colored waste as the material will be rough.

The first 2 products should be available in 3M. Do have a look at the outlet in JP Nagar if you are close by.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st April 2015 at 10:27. Reason: broken quote tags fixed
Old 20th April 2015, 11:27   #53
BHPian

I am still bathing in the unreal excitement of actually seeing Roadbuster in the garage every morning while not being woken up from a cruel dream, like the ones you have when you are in Hawaii and Rosie Huntington Whiteley comes out of the surf in a white 60's style one piece and tringgg tringgg the alarm bells !!!)

Meanwhile, Roadbuster has munched up kilometers faster than I had anticipated. When I got her, I was still wondering if I would be able to get to 1K kms before 30 days and targeted a meagrely 800 km before 1st servicing but here she is, past the 1K mark with a week still to go.

The 1K came up at a solitary traffic light at red in a 100+ kms journey from Mahadevapura to home. Good timing, must say !
Did a total of around 265 kms for the journey.

3 of us planned to start around 530 but we ended up doing so around 0600 on sunday. The 1st phase of the break in which ties you down to 4K RPM is till 800 kms and this I achieved exactly at the meeting point early morning. Again, timing !

6K RPM limit is a breathe of fresh air, I must accept. Now the highways are no more frustrating and your fellow riders do not disappear into the horizon any more Capable of doing healthy speeds now, distance was quickly eaten in. And the best part, thanks to her large fuel hump, she was last amongst a Duke390 and a R15V2.0 to need a fuel stop or go into emergency, which she did at around 260kms from last fill (Last fill was, unexpectedly, fun. Bangalore had a bundh on saturday which meant City was like uber fun to ride around. 25kms from BTM to Lalbagh to and from tells you how much fun we were having).

Mysore road was like Mysore road, humpy laden with meandering crawler of vehicles who all just want to kill you. What it did showcase was how easily the suspension was ready to take the humps on without actually jarring me to the point my liver was where my lung should be. Except for the multi-humps, none of the other ones needed the lowest gear or standing on pegs.

The 15km road off the mysore highway was 5 kms of messaging chair with no message but only pain and the remaining 10 was snaking tarmac with less traffic and flanked by coconut groves galore. For a a moment you might check the maps whether you found a worm hole that took you to Kerela super quick.

A good filling breakfast was done at the MacD on the way, only after we woke the guys, from their sweet slumber, up in the store. People looked at us as if we had landed from another planet when we decided to lube chains the Z and Duke outside MacD too.

The final destination was nothing to rave about though. Sultry, scorching, heavy vehicles shaking the bridge, that tried to topple the helmets and mine did fall once on a little stack of straws, about like Jurassic Park was about to introduce the T-Rex.

Same route back. Thanks to the fellow rider's immense knowledge, the interceptors were avoided. By noon we were all back home !

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07408.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07413.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07418.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07420.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc_0713.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc_0714.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc_0748.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07432.jpg

There is a bad though. A little paint chipped from the cowl beside the seat, probably the flying pebbles or something evil !!! A speck on her ! Put little carbon fiber vinyl triangles to cover em in a decent way for now. PPF needed ASAP.

1st Service is booked for next saturday so no more riding her till then as 1 0 0 0 kms has been breached by over 50 kms. Wallet already has a gloomy face.

While coming back, observed another rider with the exact same helmet, MT Revenge in white/red/blue, as mine and evening saw me do something about it. Dug out all the stickers I had received with various purchases in the last 2 years or so and used all of my limited creativity to make it look better and unique IMO. Let me know if anyone has some suggestions.

Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07439.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07440.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07443.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07444.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07445.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07446.jpg
Houston, we have a situation! Roadbuster - my Kawazaki Z800 - is coming in-dsc07447.jpg

Some quiet time coming up now

Last edited by Sojogator : 20th April 2015 at 11:31.
Sojogator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 10:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Think its a tad expensive but very good for the Hard Water we have in Bangalore. We have lot of Detailing Gurus suggest you to PM them and get a combo suiting the bike.

I would instead suggest getting the Meguiars Car Wash which neutralizes the pH value of water and cleans the bike/car very well. It does not allow water spots to form upon drying as is the case with Blore hard water.

Along with the Car Wash, get collinite 845 or Meguiars NXT tech wax paste.

ArmorAll is not very expensive. Costs around 600 bucks for a bottle IIRC. But it does not do the wash or the wax job perfectly. So better to go for independent wash and wax products.

After a wash, a nice buff job with either of these will keep the bike shining and also repel water very well. Plus, this is only required once in a few months.

I would suggest buying a set of 3M microfiber towels - one each for washing, drying and for the wax job. You can also buy a chamois leather (clean cham brand) which works wonderfully to dry the car/bike.

See this for more info.

As suggested by Mahesh above, be careful riding the bike after the tire shine. The tore surface gets extremely slippery.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 11:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Aditya,

Is the collinite 845 still available locally in India? If yes do share the links.

Sojogator,

Master has spoken and we all generally follow what Aditya has to comment. You ought to see his Green Ninja...just out of Showroom sorta look.
Old 21st April 2015, 12:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sojogator, Your helmet now looks fantastic. Exactly what is your speed when at 6000 rpm on 6th gear?
I have been using sunsilk black 10 ml sachets in 1/2 bucket of water for washing all my vehicles for many years now . Then I rinse off the suds with plain water and then wipe with microfiber cloth. Once in 3-4 months I use Collinite 845. I am very happy with the results and the finish of my vehicles paint is quite showroomish.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 12:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aditya, Is the collinite 845 still available locally in India? If yes do share the links.

Sojogator, Master has spoken and we all generally follow what Aditya has to comment. You ought to see his Green Ninja...just out of Showroom sorta look.
Not sure if Collinite is available locally Mahesh. I still have around half the contents of the bottle I picked up from you.

And I'm no master sir. There are others out there who are far ahead or better than me in terms of detailing. This is a very basic upkeep that I try and do as often as time permits. Thanks for the compliment on my bike though
Old 21st April 2015, 14:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I would instead suggest getting the Meguiars Car Wash which neutralizes the pH value of water and cleans the bike/car very well. It does not allow water spots to form upon drying as is the case with Blore hard water.

After a wash, a nice buff job with either of these will keep the bike shining and also repel water very well. Plus, this is only required once in a few months.

I would suggest buying a set of 3M microfiber towels - one each for washing, drying and for the wax job. You can also buy a chamois leather (clean cham brand) which works wonderfully to dry the car/bike.

See this for more info.

As suggested by Mahesh above, be careful riding the bike after the tire shine. The tore surface gets extremely slippery.
If I am not confused, are these the things you suggested ?

http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G12619...words=Meguiars

http://www.amazon.in/Meguiars-G12711...words=Meguiars

As suggested I would get a couple more micro fibers, probably Jopasu ones though as I am really impressed with them. Absorbs more water and lets go off dirt very easily.

I won't be tire dressing the contact surface of the tyres (just the sidewalls and the alloys) but thanks for the warning and I would be extra careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi Sojogator, Your helmet now looks fantastic. Exactly what is your speed when at 6000 rpm on 6th gear?
I have been using sunsilk black 10 ml sachets in 1/2 bucket of water for washing all my vehicles for many years now . Then I rinse off the suds with plain water and then wipe with microfiber cloth. Once in 3-4 months I use Collinite 845. I am very happy with the results and the finish of my vehicles paint is quite showroomish.
Ah ! Thanks I was waiting to hear an approval from someone on the helmet work. I was wondering if I had done too much and made it tacky to look at.
At 6K RPM, it does around 130kmph, which is never to be done on public roads btw.
Sunsilk sounds good for the wallet. But, won't it affect paint due its ph ?
Looks like I need to find this Collinite845 thing. Everyone suggests it !

One thing from my side. The Formula 1 bike clean seemed a great cleaning and polishing thing to use. The way it cut through the rock like mud on the pipes beneath the radiator guard really impressed me. Also, it can be buffed to shine glossy, matte and dashboard-type material alike.
Old 21st April 2015, 15:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ah ! Thanks I was waiting to hear an approval from someone on the helmet work. I was wondering if I had done too much and made it tacky to look at.
At 6K RPM, it does around 130kmph, which is never to be done on public roads btw.
Sunsilk sounds good for the wallet. But, won't it affect paint due its ph ?
Looks like I need to find this Collinite845 thing. Everyone suggests it !

One thing from my side. The Formula 1 bike clean seemed a great cleaning and polishing thing to use. The way it cut through the rock like mud on the pipes beneath the radiator guard really impressed me. Also, it can be buffed to shine glossy, matte and dashboard-type material alike.
Welcome.
So at 4K 90kmph, 5k 110kmph and 6k 130 kmph right? if so, same on the 650.
Have been using it for years and it works just fine.
Never heard about Formula 1 bike clean but your description sounds good
Old 21st April 2015, 15:58   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Welcome.
So at 4K 90kmph, 5k 110kmph and 6k 130 kmph right? if so, same on the 650.
Have been using it for years and it works just fine.
Never heard about Formula 1 bike clean but your description sounds good
Ah! Yes, I remember you describing the 20kmph jumps. Haven't noticed at 5K RPM but, yes, around that mark for sure. I wonder how she will reach around 240 in another 5K or so rpms. The magic would probably happen at 8K RPM when the torque is peaking.

This one:

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B005...ilpage_o01_s01

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks