Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:09   #121
BHPian

Re: First Ride - Ducati Scrambler

Congratulations outofthebox, your Scrambler looks absolutely smashing in red! Am glad you were able to get over the earlier sore experience and had a much smoother experience the second time around. But then, am sure once you are astride your Scrambler, all that would just fade away as a distant memory. Happy riding with your beauty!
Do keep this thread alive with your riding experiences and please post more pictures of your beauty!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:09   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
let me know when you do find out the torque specs and I will do the same
Here you go mate ...
Name:  EngineBoltScreenShot.png
Views: 7763
Size:  344.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Congratulations outofthebox, your Scrambler looks absolutely smashing in red! .... Do keep this thread alive with your riding experiences and please post more pictures of your beauty!
Many thanks abhii176. Yes riding the Scrambler indeed melts away all the sore experiences and it's a sheer pleasure in the city. Will certainly try to keep this thread alive with the Scrambler riding experience.
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 02:43   #123
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ragtop and Outofthebox - Congrats on your respective bikes. Both colors look damn great - but personally I would always prefer a Ducati in red. Its just like a Ferrari

Wishing you both thousands of happy and Scrambling miles
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 23:41   #124
BHPian

So today I road tested my solution to the 'tandoori thighs' problem of Scrambler in stop & go traffic conditions. Took the bike through the dreaded ITO traffic signal at 6PM sharp, then through CP and onto Karol Bagh and back.

In all, about 50-60% of the heat from under the seat in standstill conditions is gone - replaced by a mild warm sensation which I think will feel pleasant in winters. A nearly unrideable bike in stop & go traffic became eminently rideable. There is still some residual heat from the exhaust pipes, away from the seat which I intend to fix soon by another solution.

In other news, I'm simply loving the Renthal handlebar. I had no idea that a shorter handlebar can have this much impact on riding characteristics of a bike. IMO a shorter handlebar is a must upgrade for any Icon owner.

Here are a couple of shots of my 'Tandoori Thighs' mod:

Polymer laminated glass cloth tape under the seat in 'mission critical' areas. Rated up to 450 degrees C and 80 percent reflection of radiant heat.
First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-thermalinsulationunderseat.jpg

Additonal tape under second tier of exhaust shield. The silver coloured tape is the OEM tape. Looked nearly identical to the one I used.
First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-thermalinsulationexhaustshield.jpg
outofthebox is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 09:38   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post

Here are a couple of shots of my 'Tandoori Thighs' mod:

Polymer laminated glass cloth tape under the seat in 'mission critical' areas. Rated up to 450 degrees C and 80 percent reflection of radiant heat.
Attachment 1386134

Additonal tape under second tier of exhaust shield. The silver coloured tape is the OEM tape. Looked nearly identical to the one I used.
Attachment 1386135
outofthebox,
with your mods to the seat and exhaust, you are effectively reducing heat dissipation a lot, given that the mod is working. I was just wondering if that could affect the paint/electricals in the vicinity given that its bearing the brunt of it now?
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 10:25   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I was just wondering if that could affect the paint/electricals in the vicinity given that its bearing the brunt of it now?
I gave this issue a lot of deliberation before implementing this part (there are a couple of others in my mods pipeline). The choice of materials, areas of application, impact on any other areas etc - thanks to the 3 months waiting time.

The engineering behind the mod is solid - the seat bottom is not designed to be a heat sink, so by applying anything on to it, I'm not impacting any designed heat dissipation metrics. I deliberately chose this expensive thin film rather than those cheaper and thicker fiber glass HVAC insulations because I did not want to block any air vents and disrupt the air flow. Due to the randomly uneven surface where the tape is applied, there will be diffused reflection of the heat, not concentrated on any one point. Not much different from the stock scenario.

As for paint, there is none in the vicinity - only the powder coated frame of the bike. In terms of electricals, I do wonder how the battery copes with such high temperatures emanating from the engine below it even in stock condition, but so far no issues have been reported by any owners.

Lastly, in the worst case scenario, family jewels always take priority over paint or electricals, so I really had no options but to go for this mod.
outofthebox is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:11   #127
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

Dear All,
Is there any possibility to order a scrambler or any ideas if it would be made available in India?
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 6th July 2015, 12:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear All,
Is there any possibility to order a scrambler or any ideas if it would be made available in India?
Cheers,
Deepak
The Ducati Scrambler is available from the showroom, if the full throttle interests you then the launch is in july and deliveries start from september..
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:29   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Ducati Scrambler is available from the showroom, if the full throttle interests you then the launch is in july and deliveries start from september..
Thanks Speedy! I haven't tried it yet, so shall definitely try to get a test ride.
But any idea about triumph's scrambler?
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 6th July 2015, 21:07   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
But any idea about triumph's scrambler?
The price for starters - In Thailand, Scrambler was about INR 400k more than the regular Bonnie. Secondly the seat height issue - at 32.5 inches with a 230Kg wet weight, made it an unpopular choice with SE Asian bikers - Most Indians would not be much different IMO?
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 11:14   #131
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

what is OTR price for scrambler? When is the Bangalore showroom opening? any leads?
Old 18th November 2015, 15:37   #132
BHPian

Does anyone make sliders and bobbins for the scrambler in India? The Evotech ones are needlessly expensive.
Old 10th December 2015, 19:16   #133
BHPian

Ducati Scrambler wins CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Import Motorcycle of the Year award

First Ride - Ducati Scrambler-1020x4121.jpg
[Featured Model: Italia Independent Limited edition Scrambler 803]

Quote:
The Ducati Scrambler may be the entry point into Ducati ownership but it’s a terrific motorcycle in its own right. Small and nimble, the Ducati Scrambler packs a powerful air/oil-cooled V twin motor and a capable chassis that is as happy on smooth roads as it is on dirt trails. The Scrambler appeals with it’s versatility. It can be an absolute weapon in traffic but as we found out in our anniversary issue it is equally at home when we’re tearing it up in the harsh environment of Ladakh. One for the enthusiast, the Scrambler is a motorcycle that will never cease to entertain and its relative affordability certainly beckons!
Contenders were:

Indian Chief Dark Horse
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Ducati Scrambler
Ducati 821 Monster
Suzuki GSX-S1000
Honda Gold Wing
Benelli TNT 899
Benelli TNT 1130R

Source
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 19:42   #134
BHPian

Re: Ducati Scrambler wins CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Import Motorcycle of the Year award

A thoroughly well deserved win. This bike sent people into a tizzy immediately before and after it's launch and the mere mention of it as of today results in many oohs and aahs. Mind you, this is something which none of the bikes in the nominees were able to do.

With the Scrambler you don't only get to be a part of a legendary brand as Ducati but also go back in time and end up feeling nostalgic every time you crank the ignition. I personally feel that when it comes to emotion, the Scrambler is one of 'those' rare motorcycles. Classiness combined with a peppy engine that does justice to it's power output in convincing fashion.

The Dark Horse would be a close runner up for me. It's a pity that it did not get the PR it deserved, like it has, in many other countries. This machine looks scintillating from every angle you look at it and is a beast to ride.

Anyway, now that the cake has been won, my heartiest congratulations to all existing Scrambler-istas and also to our very own outofthebox.

Last edited by barcalad : 10th December 2015 at 19:44.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:27   #135

Re: Ducati Scrambler wins CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Import Motorcycle of the Year award

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post

Contenders were:

Indian Chief Dark Horse
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Ducati Scrambler
Ducati 821 Monster
Suzuki GSX-S1000
Honda Gold Wing
Benelli TNT 899
Benelli TNT 1130R

Source
Taking nothing away from the rest of the nominees, the Scrambler had it easy. Perfect timing to introduce scramblers, as the cafe-racer phase is settling down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
A thoroughly well deserved win. This bike sent people into a tizzy immediately before and after it's launch and the mere mention of it as of today results in many oohs and aahs. Mind you, this is something which none of the bikes in the nominees were able to do.

With the Scrambler you don't only get to be a part of a legendary brand as Ducati but also go back in time and end up feeling nostalgic every time you crank the ignition.
You summed up my thoughts perfectly Ducati has done good with Scrambler to it's legacy!
Mr_V is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks