Team-BHP - Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/171682-kawasaki-versys-650-launched-rs-6-6-lakh-46.html)

Yes it's the same site, when you choose currency as INR it changes to webike.in.
Anyone else has any idea on authenticity of this site, as the prices are really good compared to other us/European sites even for same items.

Versys 650 vs Tiger 800

https://youtu.be/T3JxhE_d8vQ

Quote:

Versys 650 vs Tiger 800
Pretty much inline with the general conscious. In comparison, versys definitely is better value. If i could afford a budget of 12-13L, i would somehow add another 3-4L and get a versys and a street twin (put dual sport tyres on the versys and enjoy best of both the world at a slightly premium price). Guess i am being greedy, but checked out the Street twin last saturday at triumph showroom and its a full drool material. :)

Here's a versys 650 blog I ran into yesterday by an owner from hyderabad. Well written. https://onaversys.wordpress.com/2016...ometers-later/

To the owners here, hows the bike treating you these days? Still happy? Thoroughly pleased? Elated? High?

Which one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 3952072)

To the owners here, hows the bike treating you these days? Still happy? Thoroughly pleased? Elated? High?

Which one?

Its fantastic machine. Covered about 1300 kms so far and she has been fantastic. Good ergo, powerful engine, confidence inspiring brakes & safety net of ABS all doing good. Happy owner.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3952081)
Its fantastic machine. Covered about 1300 kms so far and she has been fantastic. Good ergo, powerful engine, confidence inspiring brakes & safety net of ABS all doing good. Happy owner

+1 Sambit

After covering 1400kms, I agree with all that you mentioned and now the brakes have also improved a lot and my one irritant is now taken care of. The brakes show very good stopping power

I'm thoroughly impressed with the ABS : There is zero pulsation under hard braking and the bike stops beautifully in a straight line.

Have panic braked more than 10 times for usual reasons ( slow moving vehicle suddenly changing lane, dog darting the path etc.) Now I know and appreciate how important an ABS is for a motorcycle. In the past, I was thinking this to be a good to have feature but, now I feel it's a must have safety net while riding any motorcycle

Stock suspension setting is the best. Bike glides over bad roads but, if you turn the rear suspension a few clicks towards H then the suspension get's little hard to be comfortable

Have touched 7000RPM a few times :D and boy! power is relentless and that hunt for 7th gear is ON

In short, Versys 650 is all about :

Excellent Suspension
Beautiful Handling
Decent Power
Amazing seating comfort for long distance riding

What else do you need from a motorcycle?:)

Versys 650 Owners :

What's your take on heat issue?

I'm pleasantly surprised that the bike does not heat up much. Rode in traffic in this hot summer and no scorching heat from engine on to the legs

What is your views?

Could somebody please post up the phone number and a person to talk to in kalyani kawasaki? Is that even the dealers name? Where are these guys located? Is it the one in mekhri circle? I am trying to find their contact information online and just nothing shows up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 3953020)
Could somebody please post up the phone number and a person to talk to in kalyani kawasaki? Is that even the dealers name? Where are these guys located? Is it the one in mekhri circle? I am trying to find their contact information online and just nothing shows up!

The one in Mekhri circle is Popular Bajaj. Kalyani has one branch in Banashankari. Their phone number is +91 80 2672 9090 and +(91)-80-33085594. You can try your luck here.

Since the KTM and the Kawa are sold side by side, you may find it hard to get by searching only for the Kawasaki ones online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 3953041)
The one in Mekhri circle is Popular Bajaj. Kalyani has one branch in Banashankari. Their phone number is +91 80 2672 9090 and +(91)-80-33085594. You can try your luck here.

Since the KTM and the Kawa are sold side by side, you may find it hard to get by searching only for the Kawasaki ones online.

Thanks! Is this the same one that most guys here seem to be raving about in terms of service? Edit : yes, spoke to a guy called raghu and he did say Prakash isn't around at the moment.

Also is the versys 650 sold at Langford town as well in addition to the Indiranagar and mekhri showrooms?

Finally, the mekhri circle showroom is organizing versys 650 test rides this Sunday. So peeps who are interested, please make a bee line there. Your contact point is a guy named dilip. Refer me up (venkat Ramana). I am still traveling so am giving it a miss.

Any idea if they plan on bringing the green/ white one soon?

Looking at their past I can say that they'll take their own sweet time.

Chatted with all the kawasaki showrooms in Bangalore apart from the one in Langford and Banashankari has impressed me the most!

Also I had a Tele convo with one of the guys at the kawasaki plant and I relayed concerns about the notchy gearbox and speedo buzzing. Said he will pass on the feedback to his technical team.

They are receiving new kits on the 23 of this month, which means all the existing lot has been sold. Pretty good start.

Hello Team BHPians

Check out the new Yamaha Tracer 700. In my opinion it is similar to Versys 650 in many ways. It does have more electronics though.
Would love to hear your opinions.

-Sameer

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyD (Post 3957027)
Hello Team BHPians

Check out the new Yamaha Tracer 700. In my opinion it is similar to Versys 650 in many ways. It does have more electronics though.
Would love to hear your opinions.

-Sameer

Sameer, can you share more details on it ? Like price, availability, features, specifications ?