Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 07:42   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Avinash, what front tyre model is this? You said you got the pr4, but the pr4 does not have this tread pattern.
Old 12th April 2018, 09:00   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Avinash, what front tyre model is this? You said you got the pr4, but the pr4 does not have this tread pattern.
My bad! It's been almost a year and I was thinking it's a PR4. But, it's actually a PR2

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4145570
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 09:35   #813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Ride Report

Some pictures from this ride......

Could you please ask your friend on the speed triple which brand aftermarket windshield he has installed and price / place of purchase? Thank you.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 12th April 2018 at 11:15. Reason: Editing for ease of viewing
Old 12th April 2018, 16:47   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Could you please ask your friend on the speed triple which brand aftermarket windshield he has installed and price / place of purchase? Thank you.
I spoke to my friend and he told me it's a completely stock windscreen as it came along with the bike when he bought it new

We bought our bikes around the same time in 2016

Btw, he said this windsheild will fit the older Street and Speed and will not fit the newer version of Street Triples

Hope this helps?
Old 15th April 2018, 11:11   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is probably the 1st Versys in India that is fitted with "Powertronics" box from Race dynamics.

According to Nishanth who is an active member of VIR, it's really worth the money spent on getting this box as the Versys has now become an "urgent" bike from it's "relaxed" composure

I missed sharing this here when he shared it initially with all of us and thought would be a good information for all new Versys owners to think about if they want to bump up the power of Versys to a small extent.

Even though the increase in power figures may not be huge but, apparently the overall fun factor has jumped up by a huge notch and he is super pleased with the results now that he has it on for a couple of months. He feels touring is a lot more fun now on the Versys

Here is a brief review as well as pitted against the pocket rocket

Here is a Dyno run of the Versys with Powertronics

Omigosh! I'm so tempted

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th April 2018 at 11:15.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 17:57   #816
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello V owners, Can you please let me know what was your coolant level was at the time of delivery?
Old 17th April 2018, 08:53   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hello V owners, Can you please let me know what was your coolant level was at the time of delivery?
I can give you my example. It was perfectly fine and at the recommended level

However, during some point of time, I noticed it was low and did a top-up buy buying a new bottle of Motul coolant. I still have half of that bottle still around as topping up coolant is between pretty large KM intervals

Do you find it lower than usual? If yes, just get it topped up. Nothing to worry
Old 7th May 2018, 10:36   #818
BANNED

Quote:
Here is probably the 1st Versys in India that is fitted with "Powertronics" box from Race dynamics.

According to Nishanth who is an active member of VIR, it's really worth the money spent on getting this box as the Versys has now become an "urgent" bike from it's "relaxed" composure

I missed sharing this here when he shared it initially with all of us and thought would be a good information for all new Versys owners to think about if they want to bump up the power of Versys to a small extent.

Even though the increase in power figures may not be huge but, apparently the overall fun factor has jumped up by a huge notch and he is super pleased with the results now that he has it on for a couple of months. He feels touring is a lot more fun now on the Versys

Omigosh! I'm so tempted
A quick question on this chip, does it takes feed from O2 sensor or runs on static mode.
Old 15th May 2018, 11:13   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
OK, that was my bike where we experimented last Saturday at ASC, with throttle body sync/vacuum sync (same thing).
et d less on vibes

AVI, wanted to check with you on how exactly was your TB synchronized? was it just balanced or was it balanced to 37kpa at 1300 rpm? Would be helpful if you could find details of this from the service technician and share it.
How much Kawasaki charges for TB sync and how much time does it take for the job?
Old 15th May 2018, 15:53   #820
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
How much Kawasaki charges for TB sync and how much time does it take for the job?
Do not remember the exact figure but in my case, overall amount was around 7.5K. This includes TB sync which got extended to opening and cleaning the entire TB (separate cost component). Then there was also some other work on the bike which required entire handle bar assembly to be removed and cost of a small component as well. Almost an entire day was spent doing this, also because time was spent figuring out things. At the end of it all, the feeling of the services being highly overpriced was strongly present along with the sad feeling that inspite of paying close to 6.5K for just the labour, what we set out to achieve was not done. :(
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 18:12   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Do not remember the exact figure but in my case, overall amount was around 7.5K. This includes TB sync which got extended to opening and cleaning the entire TB (separate cost component). Then there was also some other work on the bike which required entire handle bar assembly to be removed and cost of a small component as well. Almost an entire day was spent doing this, also because time was spent figuring out things. At the end of it all, the feeling of the services being highly overpriced was strongly present along with the sad feeling that inspite of paying close to 6.5K for just the labour, what we set out to achieve was not done. :(

Thanks for the reply. I enquired about TB Sync during my 24 month service of Z800. But the quote given was huge, Rs.70K and time required was said to be 10+hours. He advised me against going for it as my mileage was pretty low @ 11K. It would be great if anybody can provide the exact charge of TB sync and how to deduce if it is required at all?
Old 20th May 2018, 11:51   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry guys, I was out of the country for 3 weeks and again one week out on domestic travel. All this while, I couldn't even find time to check the messages here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
A quick question on this chip, does it takes feed from O2 sensor or runs on static mode.
Honestly speaking, I'm not aware. Will check with the owner and let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Thanks for the reply. I enquired about TB Sync during my 24 month service of Z800. But the quote given was huge, Rs.70K and time required was said to be 10+hours. He advised me against going for it as my mileage was pretty low @ 11K. It would be great if anybody can provide the exact charge of TB sync and how to deduce if it is required at all?
Quote:
You got to be kidding guys. It's high time you moved to Hyderabad

Throttle Body Sync was done on my bike and it was handled smoothly and completed in 1-hour time-frame and charges if I can recall correctly for this task was INR 1100/- and trust me, the throttle response after this job is crisp and totally a joy.

If i remember correctly, I posted the pictures of the TB work on Versys on my thread and also the bill with cost details. A search on my thread might help!

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th May 2018 at 11:52.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 19:08   #823
BHPian

Quote:

You got to be kidding guys. It's high time you moved to Hyderabad

Throttle Body Sync was done on my bike and it was handled smoothly and completed in 1-hour time-frame and charges if I can recall correctly for this task was INR 1100/- and trust me, the throttle response after this job is crisp and totally a joy.

If i remember correctly, I posted the pictures of the TB work on Versys on my thread and also the bill with cost details. A search on my thread might help!

I again enquired with Kawasaki regarding the TB sync and got the exact details and cost from a senior guy over there. It costs about Rs.2500\-. Yes the job is time consuming.

It seems the guy with whom I earlier spoke, misunderstood me.
Vasuki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:22   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

TATR Ride Report

Damn! Yet again I had to dig my ownership thread from the 2nd page. Not a good sign...LOL!

If a ride plan is decided 24-hours before and that too when you are in another city. I think such decisions are fantastic as you basically take them on spur of the moment. That's exactly what happened for this ride.

I was not in town on Thursday as was travelling on work and when IDPsharma called me then it dawned on me that Friday was a holiday due to Ramzan which also means our third musketeer (Haseeb) cannot join us due to the festival.

We quickly decided that we will ride to Tadoba as it was a long weekend. Tadoba Andheri Tiger Reserve (TATR) is one of the most popular Tiger safaris where I understand sighting of tiger is inevitable.

Been there thrice before and each time we spotted the big cat. And, the normal procedure is to book the safari online a few weeks in advance.

Since our plan as always is last minute, we did not have any safari bookings for the main safari nor for the buffer safari (outer perimeter of Tadoba Jungle) which also is now included as part of online booking which was not the case earlier.

Also, instead of 3-days, I could only spare 2-days as had some important errands to run on Sunday. He quickly booked the MTDC, Tadoba which surprisingly was available just a day before

Plan was to head out early morning but, as I came home late the night before and also keeping the tradition of hydeez who can never get up early nor can leave on time, we finally started around 8:15am.

It was a breathtaking highway ride as Nagpur highway is easily our favorite 4-lane highway in the entire country. Scenic routes, long winding turns, orange leaf trees in most part of this nearly 500kms section makes it a very enjoyable and thrilling ride

Door-to-door one-way to MTDC, Tadoba was 525kms

We reached TATR around 4:30pm after multiple breaks for pictures, water and lunch. As we entered MH, the heat was absolutely killing as temperatures were soaring and it was a marked difference from Hyderabad. As some of you may know, Chandrapur is the hottest place in India which is just 30kms before TATR

Our accommodation was quite rustic and nice with wooden based theme to the room. MTDC is a nice place to stay for someone looking for accommodation in Tadoba as it is just 1-km from Mohrali gate. We spent the evening walking around the resort and enjoying the nice greenery around and deciding to get up early in the morning for the safari

We got up at 4:00am and somehow managed to get into a buffer safari but, unfortunately could not sight any tigers. But, the whole trip did not have tiger as the primary agenda but, RIDING the Dark Knight was the main purpose. Slightly heartbroken, returned to the room around 9:30am and started our check-out process

We checked out and finished our breakfast and headed out of MTDC around 11:30am and decided to keep a brisk pace and reached outskirts of Hyderabad which is about 500kms around 5:30pm and bid adieu to each other. While IDPsharma home was nearer from that part of city, I started my painful journey through city traffic to reach home around 6:45pm

We both totally enjoyed our 1050kms, 36-hour road-trip into the heartland of Tigers
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1289min.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1304.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1302.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1294min.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1309.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1310.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1312.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1317.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1315.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1296.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1321.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1327min.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1354.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_1463min.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1358.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1357.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1359.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1378min.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_1383.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_1384.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_1466.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1478.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1484.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_e1504.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th June 2018 at 12:25.
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 11:52   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

I forgot to share this picture
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-dkrr1512.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks