Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2018, 16:02   #841
BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Been following your thread for quiet some time now and somehow I feel you are the right person to help me out in my dilemma.

I own a 2016 Triumph Bonneville A3 and have done around 11k kms with the bike. Somehow the bike satisfies almost all the expectations that i ever had from my bike be it in terms of design, looks, performance, comfort - everything !! However, I have ridden the Versys 650 and am itching to let go off my bonnie for the V !! The only reason is that am bored with the bonnie and now wish to try out something different. You think i would regret this decision?
Old 19th October 2018, 21:29   #842
BHPian

No you won't regret getting onto a V at all. It's a fantastic machine. I too ride one and clocked 22k on the odo, it's a fantastic tourer with amazing comfort for both rider n pillion with more than adequate luggage capacity.
Just get on to a V and enjoy the ride.
Old 20th October 2018, 02:32   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
However, I have ridden the Versys 650 and am itching to let go off my bonnie for the V !! The only reason is that am bored with the bonnie and now wish
Do take a look at the new VStrom 650 as well. It's slightly more expensive than the Versys but you get some useful kit for the price.

I have a Bonnie A3 too and I think the VStrom is a better package. On paper at least.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th November 2018 at 21:48. Reason: Fixed broken quote.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:25   #844
Team-BHP Support

re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Quote:
I have ridden the Versys 650 and am itching to let go off my bonnie for the V !! The only reason is that am bored with the bonnie and now wish to try out something different. You think i would regret this decision?
I doubt Avi would be able to reply soon as he is quite busy with his professional life. Hence chipping in -

IMO, it all depends on what you plan to do with the Versys. The bike comes into its own when you do 500+ kms in a day - anything less feels like a breakfast ride. I have ridden with Bonneville riders and they seem to enjoy a lot more during such small rides than the Versys guys - the latter being too refined, comfortable and long legged to have fun in short bursts.

However, out on the expressway with a long day ahead of you - nothing comes close to the mile munching abilities of the Versys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Do take a look at the new VStrom 650 as well.
+1, specially if you are planning to offroad.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 13:14   #845
BHPian

Over the years , TEAMBHP has been updating me about the Hulk, the Godzilla, Tesseract, Juggernaut, Dark Knight. Sure Kawasaki Versys 650 evokes a lot of positive emotions and I have been smitten !

So putting my money on a decision which I guess is heart+ Mind in equal measure!. I have booked my (yet to be named) Verysys 650 from Motosaki Navi Mumbai and expecting it to arrive today. After a long time I am having a school boy kind of excitement. it reminds me of that day in oct 1987 when our Yamaha Rx came home .

So after journeying through with rx100-RE Classic- and Duke 390; I am awaiting my beast. experts please help me on three counts
1. The must have accessories and where to procure them sasta-sunder tikau in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai
2. Things to watch out for at PDI
3. Caution areas

Last edited by sudhakarg : 23rd May 2019 at 13:16.
sudhakarg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 09:52   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
1. The must have accessories and where to procure them sasta-sunder tikau in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai
2. Things to watch out for at PDI
3. Caution areas
Congratulations on your new bike! You'll love it for sure. You can munch miles all day and be fresh as a fiddle at the end.

While I'm not aware of where you can get the best accessories in Mumbai, allow me to add my experiences here with my V650.

1. Headlights are atrocious. You will need to invest in a good quality aux light system. You have good options all the way from INR10k to 60k! Take your pick.

2. Bike is heavy and moving it around in parking lots and at slow speeds is tricky because of the high(er) center of gravity. Most people I know,myself included, have dropped their bikes at least once, in parking lots or while making U-turns. Invest in a good crash/engine guard. Zana(Indian brand) makes good ones and a lot of people swear by them. A much more expensive but equally good option would be the Hepco Becker or SW Motech guards.

3. The horn is mellow. You may want to add a good dual horn setup.

4. A good frame/fork/swing-arm slider. Not expensive and will give you peace of mind if you drop your bike.

5. Radiator guard. Similar to the crash guard, you can go for Zana or the international brands. Better to spend 5-10k on a guard than spending 20+ on fixing your radiator if a stone flies from the tire and hits the radiator

These ought to cover the 1st set of accessories in my opinion. A bike like this is an expensive hobby to have, and you'll find that out soon enough with the service and accessories cost I would suggest you don't buy all mods/accessories at once and instead buy a couple at a time every few months. You can look at top boxes, luggage systems, hand-guards, windscreens etc. later on.

Happy riding! if you're ever in bangalore, we can ride together. There's a pretty active versys community here.
shreyascashyap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 00:05   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakarg View Post
So putting my money on a decision which I guess is heart+ Mind in equal measure!. I have booked my (yet to be named) Verysys 650 from Motosaki Navi Mumbai and expecting it to arrive today.

Hello Sudhakar,
congrats on your V650, its an awesome machine. Ya, some of folks have poured good content here, and some lazy like me!
Do PM me your mobile nu, I would add you to India Versys Riders (VIR) and Mumbai Versys Group (MVG) - Versys specific WhatsApp groups.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 13:47   #848
BHPian

So finally I took the plunge. Enough of reading Team-BHP threads and enough of watching YouTube reviews.

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-screenshot_20190901134642356_com.whatsapp.png

Last edited by aah78 : 7th October 2019 at 18:01. Reason: Post fixed, spacing. Picture inserted in-line.
350biker is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 23:05   #849
BHPian

Quote:
So finally I took the plunge.Enough of reading team bhp threads and enough of watching YouTube reviews.

congratulations and wishing you lovely time with the VerSys!
Are you from Mumbai ?
We have VerSys specific Whatsapp groups, PM me your full name and mobile number, and I would add you to those.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 21:14   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, I have moved to US and been terribly busy with work and travel. Sorry for being inactive for a long time...And, the timezone difference also does not help much

Some things changing at work so you'll find me more active here going forward

Quote:
Been following your thread for quiet some time now and somehow I feel you are the right person to help me out in my dilemma.

I own a 2016 Triumph Bonneville A3 and have done around 11k kms with the bike. Somehow the bike satisfies almost all the expectations that i ever had from my bike be it in terms of design, looks, performance, comfort - everything !! However, I have ridden the Versys 650 and am itching to let go off my bonnie for the V !! The only reason is that am bored with the bonnie and now wish to try out something different. You think i would regret this decision?
You are following my pattern Bonnie-> Versys 650. Just go for it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I doubt Avi would be able to reply soon as he is quite busy with his professional life. Hence chipping in
Thanks Buddy for holding the fort

Quote:
So finally I took the plunge.Enough of reading team bhp threads and enough of watching YouTube reviews.
I see you have already bought it. Congratulations. I'm quite confident you will never regret this decision

Have fun and share your views of the experience here soon

I regret to inform that Dark Knight has been SOLD and happy to share that it has found home with a Malayali Gentleman who lives in Dubai (But, from Kollam in Kerala) and happy to note he seems more passionate than me.

He named it "Kazel Bull". Does anyone here know what it means...LOL?!!

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-6162d4ce11da4f39805757496745800d.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-13e3290960744886b25c178d281daefd.jpg

I would still keep this thread open and will be available to answer queries to prospective buyers

Last edited by aah78 : 7th October 2019 at 18:01. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 07:47   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Sorry for cross post. But, I just wanted to share my new ride report

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I love putting it together

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4668391
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 12:45   #852
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!

Thank you mobike for this wonderful ownership log!
Glad to inform, I booked my Versys yesterday! Will be taking delivery during Diwali. Would like to know if there are any specific things which I should look at while doing PDI or taking delivery.

Also is there any chassis number decoder to find out manufacturing month and year of the bike?

Quote:
So finally I took the plunge. Enough of reading Team-BHP threads and enough of watching YouTube reviews.

Attachment 1911830
Congratulations! Curious to know when did you buy your Versys? I so want Kawa green color but it is discontinued for a while now.

Last edited by StepUP! : 9th October 2019 at 12:48.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 14:07   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
congratulations and wishing you lovely time with the Versys!
Are you from Mumbai ?
We have VerSys specific Whatsapp groups, PM me your full name and mobile number, and I would add you to those.

regards,
Pranav

I am unable to PM you Pranav. Could you drop a PM to me so that I can share my details?

Most Viewed