Team-BHP - 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/188476-2017-kawasaki-ninja-1000-launched-9-98-lakh-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4272927)
Besides we have our own Versys guardian angel who makes all accessories for Versys (now including the center stand) has expanded to all popular super-bikes:)

That's nice to know. Do share his details here or by PM and does he make accessories for the Ninja 1000? There are many quality levels floating on AliExpress. Thankfully the guard I got was not flimsy at all. All laser cut and etched and comparable to the Evotech one (same honeycomb pattern).

Cheers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 4272930)
That's nice to know. Do share his details here or by PM and does he make accessories for the Ninja 1000? There are many quality levels floating on AliExpress. Thankfully the guard I got was not flimsy at all. All laser cut and etched and comparable to the Evotech one (same honeycomb pattern).

His quality is way better than Ali Express. No comparison! He expanded to Z800 for sure and perhaps even to N1000. Not really sure!

I have pinged you his contact. You may reach out to him directly and take my reference:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4272941)
His quality is way better than Ali Express. No comparison! He expanded to Z800 for sure and perhaps even to N1000. Not really sure!

N1000 I doubt, because he would need a bike available locally to him to test and make sure things work.

And there are very few N1000s in Bangalore now. Still worth a try.

PS - Avi, I didn't know center stand is ready. That's just great. clap: Have messaged him. :D

Ordered this Rear Paddock Stand from Superb Auto, Bangalore (manufacturer) for Rs 3999/- (no affiliation of any kind).

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1506346909092.jpg

Reason - It's Made in India, heavy duty, replacement guarantee for 1 year, direct from owner/manufacturer, free shipping. Contact owner on website mobile for discount coupons.
Check specs and detailed photos here - https://superbauto.in/adjustable-rear-paddock-stand/

Also received tank guard from AliExpress. Seems of good quality and good sticking power.

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1506347078656.jpg

Cheers...

MY2018 Ninja 1000 launched in India

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-ninja-1000-2018-india.jpg

Kawasaki's Indian website has been updated - http://www.kawasaki-india.com/inventory/ninja-1000/

Dispatches from IKM India plant to start from October 5th onward. Green color remains unchanged for 2018 in India and will come in 1st lot. 2nd lot will start 10 days later and will come in Black. The Black gets RED wheel strips on the alloy and slight change in panel color where '1000' is written. And later after that (a month or so) the Silver/Grey will be launched as the 3rd color for India. Except for these cosmetic changes the bike remains totally unchanged under the skin as it had already been thoroughly updated for the 2017 version. All this information received from the dealer and IKM representative today. Colors for the 2018 have already been posted a few posts back here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4272354 . The dealer has confirmed that I will be getting the MY 2018 edition of the Green 2018 Ninja 1000 now. Price remains unchanged for now @9.98L ex-showroom.

Mods may kindly update the THREAD TITLE if required.

Cheers...

Received the Paddock Stand by registered post from Superb Auto Bangalore -

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028558110.jpg

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028546100.jpg

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028570127.jpg

Assembled -
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028593937.jpg

Looks sturdy enough and of decent quality. Rest can only be commented upon use.

Also received this Battery Charging Cable (SAE socket) with 5A fuse inbuilt, from AliExpress, to permanently attach to the bike. Very good quality -

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028610828.jpg

And this Nelson Rigg (Made in USA) motorcycle cover at a quite discounted price of 1400 bucks from Naila Motors, Pune -

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028634615.jpg

Here it is on my Heritage
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-1507028645920.jpg

Cheers...

Good news is that the bike I had booked is on transit, and should hopefully getting it in 4-5 days. Will go with @dkaile's experience and I am going to find a Bank of India close-by and arrange for a loan there. (My loan process is done with Yes Bank. But, I don't prefer it now since it has a higher rate of interest and foreclosure charges)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 4280183)
Good news is that the bike I had booked is on transit, and should hopefully getting it in 4-5 days.

Yes, the bikes should start delivering pan India from October 5th onwards. This is the information I have received.

There is a news briefing that Kawasaki India has put out on it's Indian website - http://www.kawasaki-india.com/2017/0...r-combination/

Quote:

Sept 28, 2017
Sports-tourer Ninja 1000 ABS is Kawasaki’s most desirable motorcycle in India. Up till now this motorcycle was alluring customers with its performance and technology. The new colour change has given the Ninja 1000 ABS more attractive look without compromising on the DNA of Ninja family. To be very specific on the colour change, it has got now new shade of emerald blazed green / metallic carbon grey and metallic spark black/metallic carbon grey.
Yutaka Yamashita, Managing Director of India Kawasaki Motors, said, “Ninja 1000 ABS is doing exceptionally well in the global premium sports-tourer market. And when we say global market, India also becomes a part of it. That’s why Ninja 1000 is our SKD model in the new IKM factory of India.”
“Every product and its variant has a specific product life cycle. I anticipate that our Ninja 1000 ABS with redefined colour combination will attract new customers.” further states Yutaka Yamashita. There are no changes on the technical and design front. The existing advance technology does give this motorcycle an upper-hand in the competition against its competitors.
Ninja 1000 ABS, which Kawasaki also calls as “Gentleman’s sportbike”, is available in India at 9,98,000 (Ex Showroom Delhi)
Cheers...

Hi dkaile, could you please post the link for the battery charging cable, looks fantastic.

Congrats all you guys who have booked it, one more i know has put his versys-650 on sale for the ninja 1k. Killer bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4280238)
could you please post the link for the battery charging cable, looks fantastic.

Here you go - Eyelet Ring Terminal SAE connector Quick Disconnect Extension cable 2ft, for Battery Tender, Yuasa, Schumacher battery charger
http://s.aliexpress.com/Ifm2mUfe

If you require a good quality battery charger (I have something similar, going strong since last 3 years) - 12V smart battery charger with pulse charging
http://s.aliexpress.com/N7ZNzAJ7

You can further add a power/cigarette socket to this cable and also use it as accessory power supply with this - MOTOPOWER MP68999 SAE to Cigarette Lighter Female Socket Extension Cable With Waterproof Cap (6FT)
http://s.aliexpress.com/z6zqaiqi

And then top it off with a Fast USB Qualcomm 3.0 charger with LED voltage display to check your bike's battery voltage also - Powstro Qualcomm Quick Charge QC3.0 Stand Dual USB Car Charger 3A with Volmeter LED Display Voltage For Samsung Galaxy S6 Etc
http://s.aliexpress.com/YJ7rU3mI

Cheers...

I personally liked the MY17 Green over the MY18 Green as those had black panels as opposed to the silver panels. It was a nice contrast, perhaps its just the photos which are not looking good to my eyes and may be a closer look or a video might help understand how it looks.

As for Black color in MY18, I liked it more than MY17 as it looks much more consistent and stealth.

My current status is loan applied via Bank of India (BOI) at 9.15% ROI and pending approval. Submitted all the documents to the bank and the one step which is pending is BOI unfortunately does not have Mumbai Kawasaki dealer in their list of authorized dealers. They sent one of their officials to the dealership yesterday and now the task is with Kawasaki to send them their KYC's so that they can add Mumbai dealership in their official list post which the loan can be processed.

I have booked the motorcycle almost 2 months back and was only told to apply for loan 10 days back as they did not have the bike in stock. I don't know whether I will be getting the MY17 Green or MY18 Green. Either ways, I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair (Post 4281651)
I personally liked the MY17 Green over the MY18 Green as those had black panels as opposed to the silver panels. It was a nice contrast, perhaps its just the photos which are not looking good to my eyes and may be a closer look or a video might help understand how it looks.

As for Black color in MY18, I liked it more than MY17 as it looks much more consistent and stealth.

My current status is loan applied via Bank of India (BOI) at 9.15% ROI and pending approval. Submitted all the documents to the bank and the one step which is pending is BOI unfortunately does not have Mumbai Kawasaki dealer in their list of authorized dealers. They sent one of their officials to the dealership yesterday and now the task is with Kawasaki to send them their KYC's so that they can add Mumbai dealership in their official list post which the loan can be processed.

I have booked the motorcycle almost 2 months back and was only told to apply for loan 10 days back as they did not have the bike in stock. I don't know whether I will be getting the MY17 Green or MY18 Green. Either ways, I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty :)

As far as I know there is NO change in the Green color of MY18 from the MY17. The official color name is emerald blazed green / metallic carbon grey (same as in MY17) and metallic spark black/metallic carbon grey. The panel colors are same in both. The only change is in the Black. What you may be mistaking is the shade difference that sometimes plays tricks in photographs with the metallic carbon grey appearing as silver.

My case was same with BOI. My Manager just sent a email to the dealership and had a talk on the phone and the Delhi dealer just emailed them the required documents on their official bank email id like their Bank Statement copy, Agreement copy with Kawasaki India etc. If your dealer is willing and honest, it's just a one day job, as the documents have no direct requirements from Kawasaki India. Now Aurum Automobiles is on their authorised dealers list and any of BOI's customers can take a bank loan from them.

My dealer has forwarded the payments for the bikes today to IKM and raised the purchase order. Hopefully another week or so to go. As far as I know, the bikes have already been dispatched to the Bangalore and Pune dealers. Hope you get your bike soon.

Cheers...

Got a forward from a friend today on Whatsapp sharing images of MY2018 Ninja 1000. The Black panels on the fairing have been replaced. Any thoughts on overall change in looks?

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507363628.023456.jpg

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507363663.729894.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair (Post 4282785)
Any thoughts on overall change in looks?

OMG!! They have indeed changed the panel covers and they are not looking very flattering to me. But I think it can be easily wrapped. Should not be a major issue since taking a MY 2017 will cause more depriciation. What say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair (Post 4282785)
Got a forward from a friend today on Whatsapp sharing images of MY2018 Ninja 1000. The Black panels on the fairing have been replaced. Any thoughts on overall change in looks?

Attachment 1683232

Attachment 1683236

OUCH...Somehow not to my taste but that's just me. Maybe will look better in person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 4282807)
OMG!! They have indeed changed the panel covers and they are not looking very flattering to me. But I think it can be easily wrapped. Should not be a major issue since taking a MY 2017 will cause more depreciation. What say?

I don't think they have changed the panel covers but have changed only the panel colors to silver.

I doubt it would make any difference in depreciation between my 2017 and 2018 as basically both the bikes are identical and the only changes are in the colors.

Actually it is quite misleading for Kawasaki to differentiate like this, ideally they should have said these new bikes are special edition versions.

Refer my MY2017 black and silver N1000