Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2018, 18:26   #1
BHPian

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand

Superbike owners can relate to this predicament. We do not have the luxury of a centre stand. So to lube the chain, rotate the tyres, see if there is a puncture or not, we have to do a lot of hard work.

We can use the paddock stand at our home or in the service centre to do all the above work.

But in the middle of nowhere, say on a highway, how to go about it? During all long trips on my bike, used to find it very hard and cumbersome to lube the chain. Had go through the below cumbersome process.

1. Look for a good visible stretch, alongside the road. I normally opt for bus stand / service road.

2. Lube the chain partially then roll the bike a little, now again start lubing the next part of the chain. So after rolling the bike for about 6 times, the entire chain can be lubed.

Of course this becomes pretty easy, if a partner/ co-rider is also there. He can handle the spraying part, while you can roll the bike. In solo rides when you are fully kitted up, it is pretty tough & time consuming to do both the processes.

So I was desperately searching for a solution for this problem.

Recently during Amazon Dussehra festival offers, came across this product Grand Pitstop GRoller. It is available in three different sizes :: Small(for bikes upto 170 Kg), Medium(upto 220 Kg) and Large(upto 270 Kg).

I selected the large size for my Z800. Z800 packs quite a punch, tips in the north of 230 Kgs.

Few Pictures ::

It comes in a neatly packed box.

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand-img_9354.jpg

The package was bubble wrapped. The finish of the product is very good. It weighs about 1.7Kg, so portable to use for long rides.

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand-img_9355.jpg

It has got two moving rollers. Rollers are super smooth. The third smaller rod does not move, this should point towards the tyre which needs to be raised for inspection.

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand-img_9356.jpg

Now the rear tyre is raised on the roller.

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand-img_9357.jpg

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand-img_9358.jpg

User Manual

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand-img_9360.jpg

Small Video :: It functions as intended, tested by yours truly. Yes some effort is required.

PS : I came across this thread which gives various options, but still believe that the roller stand is more practical to carry around. It does not cause imbalance, which is quite possible in one side fold stand or a car jack.
Link :: (DIY: Spools & Chain lube stand for my Ninja).

Last edited by GTO : 27th October 2018 at 08:16. Reason: typos
Vasuki is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 08:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Superbikes Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 11:50   #3
BHPian

Thanks. I was too looking to purchase this as I felt paddock stands are cumbersome and can't be carried anywhere.

Does it stay fixed on all types of surfaces?
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 13:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Superbikes Section. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for making the thread live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Thanks. I was too looking to purchase this as I felt paddock stands are cumbersome and can't be carried anywhere.

Does it stay fixed on all types of surfaces?
You need a hard surface. That's all. As there is no roller part touching the ground, it doesn't move around.

Last edited by Vasuki : 29th October 2018 at 13:11.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 13:45   #5
BHPian

I had bought the G-Roller recently for my Mahindra Mojo and have used it few times. It's easy to operate, we just need to place it on a smooth surface. Placing it on an irregular surface can cause it to move around. This is not an replacement for paddock stand though since the weight of the bike still remains on the wheels and spinning the rear wheel using hands can be cumbersome, at-least that's the case with Mojo. It's useful for chain cleaning, lubrication, wheel inspection and puncture repair(tubeless) only, we cannot use it to perform any operation that involves removal of wheel obviously . But it costs lesser than a paddock and can be easily carried around, so it is a good product for those looking for portability at affordable price. I do not recommend those single sided jacks since they can be unstable and cause the bike to fall as OP has rightly pointed out.
While using it make sure that the bike is not leaning too much on it's side stand as it might cause the bike to fall and might even damage the side stand. In such cases, place a strong wooden board or similar item below the stand leg to make it even. Also since it uses two rollers, we need to make sure that we keep them clean otherwise it will become even more difficult to spin the wheels when the roller bearings get clogged with dirt/dust overtime..

P.S. This product is not for super-bikes alone. It can be used with all bikes that do not come with a center stand. (KTMs, Mojo, Dominar etc)

Last edited by Funny : 29th October 2018 at 13:54.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 17:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

This product is not for super-bikes alone. It can be used with all bikes that do not come with a center stand. (KTMs, Mojo, Dominar etc)
Pardon my ignorance, I didn't knew KTMs, Mojo, Dominar etc.; lack centre stand.

Last edited by SDP : 30th October 2018 at 07:53. Reason: Title changed. Mod request edited out from this post.
Old 29th October 2018, 18:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

I used this during weekend for cleaning and lubing the duke, it is definitely helpful but not entirely painless. Ideally you need an extra pair of hands to turn the wheels, so that the other person can lube / clean. Doing it together is not that joyful.
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 21:03   #8
BHPian

I have one of these due to my habit of buying random motorcycle product and only using it once,

The effort required is Substantial, no different from pushing the bike to and fro to clean the chain a section at a time. At best it can be used as an emergency thingy in your luggage for long trip, BUT then the question is why do you want to carry this extra weight and still the point of pushing the bike to & fro is applicable !!

Only kudos to manufacturer is they are very professional and committed and the product is of supreme quality. Alas we tried to solve a problem that is already solved in a million ways..

Will be happy to give it away to anyone for little money.

Happy with my ABBA superbike stand, and front paddock for all my maintaince... the above was a waste of money in my opinion

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2018 at 07:31. Reason: Rule #11
DeepakMenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 13:24   #9
BHPian

Re: GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand

I had bought this some 6 months ago in discount from AMZN for my bikes thinking it to be cost effective and yeah might be slightly tough to use but it's okay. God was I mistaken. It's very tiresome and annoying to move the wheel with hands and incrementally clean while also being careful the bike doesn't come off the roller.

If I was annoyed using it on my Duke, nothing less than hate screams culminated its usage on Bonnie's spoke wheel. It's now packed and is in store somewhere, waiting for me to use it for my kids' cycle chain cleaning .

A definite waste of money and time IMO. Recently I purchased a paddock (INR 3k from Amazon) which makes the chain cleaning process a breeze (on Duke & Striple). The price of both the roller and paddock is almost same, so why buy the roller? Don't.

Last edited by wangdu : 30th October 2018 at 13:29.
wangdu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 14:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
The price of both the roller and paddock is almost same, so why buy the roller? Don't.
Which paddock stand are you talking about. None of them is below 3k. That's almost double the price of roller.

Please share link.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 15:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Which paddock stand are you talking about. None of them is below 3k. That's almost double the price of roller.

Please share link.
900 rupees more you can get a stand from the same guys

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077M9GWG2/...il_aax_0?psc=1

universal 3K
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...oop_bw_c_x_6_w

if you look around you will find stands locally for under 3k, the cost of making these stands are not more than 2k. On Internet you will not find them

Last edited by DeepakMenon : 30th October 2018 at 15:09.
DeepakMenon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 15:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Please share link.
This is the one I bought Rs.3200+400 shipping. Single frame, sturdier than the one available from Pitstop guys who are also selling the roller.

https://www.amazon.in/Engineering-Un...+A+engineering
Old 30th October 2018, 16:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Are these Stands available for Cars? An inverted one (with rollers underneath) would be great for (side) shifting cars in case of emergency

Last edited by jinojohnt : 30th October 2018 at 16:32.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 21:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post

A definite waste of money and time IMO. Recently I purchased a paddock (INR 3k from Amazon) which makes the chain cleaning process a breeze (on Duke & Striple). The price of both the roller and paddock is almost same, so why buy the roller? Don't.
As mentioned in OP, it is handy while travelling. I also have a paddock stand, but definitely cannot lug around a ride

During my long rides, it was tough for me to lube, hope this helps in some extent.
Old 31st October 2018, 00:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

GRoller Stand: A boon for bikes without a centre stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post

Will be happy to Give it away to anyone for little money

Can I take you up on that offer?!
Please check your PM.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2018 at 07:32. Reason: Quoted text edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks