Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2019, 16:03   #31
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Kawasaki working on a 250cc inline-4 Ninja (ZX-25R)

Benelli's biggest handicap was its service interval.

They have prescribed a 3,000 km service interval which when factored in to the cost of ownership made a potential buyer consider much bigger motorcycles with a slight increase monthly EMI payments.It also justified spending more at the beginning of ownership to enjoy a much more powerful motorcycle with almost similar total cost of ownership.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 10th May 2019 at 16:06.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 16:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post

They have prescribed a 3,000 km service interval
The intervals have been revised to 6000km.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 18:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
Guessing the Indian market - If it looks like this(in picture) and has the right price, people will buy it by extending their budget a bit more. Not to mention for the sweet exhaust note of the inline 4.

But the Benelli 600i didn't make such wave in sale as expected even if it was affordable for a 600.
Benelli 600i was highest selling naked in the country until the dealership fiasco happened.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 22:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Technically, this is as interesting as it can get. Who doesn't love an inline four, and let's have it, we're all suckers for an inline four, irrespective of the cc, if it's an inline four, the ego satiates to a different level, isn't it. These high revving lower CC inline fours have been for donkey's years, and it isn't something new.

But is it the right time for any manufacturer to bring them now, a definite yes, and Kawasaki did have the balls to come up with it, when you consider emission norms tightening by the day, so kudos to team Kawasaki for even coming up with a drawing board for such a thought. Shows their technological prowess, anyone noticed that?

I think it'd be interesting to know how this pans out once it's available out. What one needs to think apart from MSRP proposition is the ownership cost proposition. Kawasaki right now, has a very diverse portfolio set in India, and there is nothing that Kawasaki doesn't have in India, barring some high-end hyperscooter market, which is a topic for another day.

But then, as with all things, the impulse would be higher before and during the launch, then slowly it fades into oblivion and ain't it the story for all these forgotten legends.

Here's a video. I did watch another video long back, which I am not able to fetch, a lovely video on a Honda CBR250RR. Sounds similar, but tell you what, this stuff is dope.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 23:49   #35
BHPian

Oh boy! IF Kawasaki really does do this, then they have a customer in me.

Yes sure, it will be priced too high, there isn't really a big market for it, there will be many other alternatives in that price band, Indian roads are <insert your favourite crib>, it won't be practical etc etc. But some motorcycles aren't meant just to make the bean counters happy. Kawasaki for one, has enough 'bean counter' motorcycles already.

This bike, has the potential to take on the mantle of the old quarter litre I4RRs, some of the most hardcore fun motorcycles ever made. The joy of revving to 15K rpm all through the gears is simply indescribable. As much as I love my RSV4, it's the one thing I miss the most - even on MMRT I can't take it through all the gears at redline. But this, this can bring back that old childish joy and what a weapon it can be on the track and road alike!

Bring it on Kawasaki, let the glorious I4 ICE have one last big hurrah before the electrics come and wring the joy out of motorcycling for me.

PS: I hope that H2 inspired render is just a 'render'. I would hate this to be a big, bulky, straight line bike. Keep at 160kgs kerb please!
niranjanrvce is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 00:48   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
As much as I love my RSV4, it's the one thing I miss the most - even on MMRT I can't take it through all the gears at redline. But this, this can bring back that old childish joy and what a weapon it can be on the track and road alike!
Hence the saying;

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Reason enough to buy per me, though sadly we live in a country where people are more concerned about maintaining status quo rather than have fun, hence a 500cc single would sell more than a i4 250cc motorcycle if buying trends were to remain the same as always.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 10:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hence the saying;

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Reason enough to buy per me, though sadly we live in a country where people are more concerned about maintaining status quo rather than have fun, hence a 500cc single would sell more than a i4 250cc motorcycle if buying trends were to remain the same as always.
No, not just that. A single cylinder 500 that is made in India and is relatively affordable. But the fun, entertaining and lively little i-4 will certainly be a CBU or at best a CKD and will end up costing way over even a twin cylinder 650.

That, is the real problem. If your statement were to be true, we would have seen way too many Dominars on the road, not R15 and Classic 350s.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 12th May 2019 at 10:05.
aravind.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 10:43   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
That, is the real problem. If your statement were to be true, we would have seen way too many Dominars on the road, not R15 and Classic 350s.
Look again.

The Yamaha R15 is the only authentic sport-bike looking motorcycle in the country, that offers so much 'bang for the buck'. The CBR150R was purely track oriented machine compared to the R15, which was more of a street-bike, but yet the R15 is in its 4th iteration now whereas the masses have forgotten about the baby CBR.

The RE Classic 350 is in the same price bracket but has the highest displacement, and a sense of grandeur courtesy smart product placement, which again triggers the same misguided 'bang for the buck' notion. Else why on earth would anyone bother paying a premium for the Classic when the Bullet 350ES/Electra is still available.

India being a price sensitive market is a lopsided notion, the Nano(R.I.P) proved that.

If an individual from the middle class family of 4 be given 2.5 Lakhs, he would rather get a Classic 350 and thump around with his entire family hanging off the motorcycle rather than spend the same amount on a Nano.

The perceived notion of a product matters in our market and unless Kawasaki pulls a RE with placing the 250cc i4 then I doubt it would sell, or rather end up like the Mojo, Impulse etc, which BTW were potent motorcycles that failed to impress our market.

Cheers,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 10:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
India being a price sensitive market is a lopsided notion, the Nano(R.I.P) proved that.

If an individual from the middle class family of 4 be given 2.5 Lakhs, he would rather get a Classic 350 and thump around with his entire family hanging off the motorcycle rather than spend the same amount on a Nano.

India is actually a VALUE Conscious market. And according to me there is a difference between Price and Value Sensitive.

1. In case of Nano it was seen as the "CHEAPEST" 4 wheeler one could buy.

2. On other hand the RE's are considered/seen as Ultimate Symbol of Machismo/Street Cred in under 2.5 Lakh Rupees.

Being seen as an Owner of something CHEAP Vs. Being seen as an Owner of something that provides STREET CRED; which option would you think would promise more VALUE for the Indian customer?

Last edited by payeng : 13th May 2019 at 10:37.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 14:53   #40
BHPian

I have a CBR 600 and to me this is must so exciting to hear. There has been a long and gaping hole and none of the big Japanese have come out with a screamer of a sub 400 IL4 for a long time.

The venerable CBR250RR which ended production in 2000 had a redline of 22k RPM! While that was one of the greatest sportsbike ever this one with a modest 12k RPM is more sensible for the times because of the emission norms. But it is still a bold step from Kawasaki.

A small 250 or 400 IL4 is so much fun to ride just because of the amount of power and engine potential you can lay down. Sorry about the wisdom of all those who are looking at a sportsbike and hoping for low down torque. They should really look elsewhere.
BowMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 17:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Sorry about the wisdom of all those who are looking at a sportsbike and hoping for low down torque. They should really look elsewhere.
So rightly said.

The Long Stroke Royal Enfiled Singles would provide enough of Lazy Torque for them.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 22:15   #42
Team-BHP Support

More rumours -

To produce near 60 horses from a 250 single that revvs till 20k rpm?

Source -

https://gaadiwaadi.com/kawasaki-four...und-60-hp/amp/

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd June 2019 at 22:18.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
More rumours -

Source -

Engine revs so high, it screams "Your market will never get me"

Would buy it even at 4L. Do it Kawasaki, just do it.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
More rumours -

Source -

20K redline is doubtful with today emission norms. But then nothing is impossible. Watching this one keenly.
BowMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 16:40   #45
BHPian

This is fantastic news. Small bikes are where the most fun for your money can be had. I'd happily buy a naked version priced upto 4 lakhs ex showroom if it came with a TFT, ABS, Traction Control and an exhaust note like a proper in line 4. 8tnwoyld be the first true competition to the KTM390 in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks