Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 17:25   #16
BHPian

Congrats Man. Thats is one Clean & awsome looking Bike. Do upload the Sound Clips.

@jkd - wow the 240km/h video,, Phew the sound is absolutely awsome

Cheers!!!
Old 4th April 2009, 18:14   #17
BHPian

its worth it Sagar, you are lucky, I am jealous.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:03   #18
BHPian

I used to have a 92 nighthawk, that was the detuned version of this bike. believe me she can be great fun
Old 4th April 2009, 19:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

I would recomend removing the fairing and running a single round headlight. This design looks very old fashioned.

I used to have a 92 Nighthawk as well when I was in Arizona. Engine looked identical except it wasnt blacked out. It made 72 bhp and was a two valve motor. Susp was more low tech I guess with single disc up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only one in India.
Do upload a video/sound clip of the exhausts.
In which state? Around here all cops use Harleys and in California, I've seen the use specially built Kaw K1000 police version
Old 4th April 2009, 19:56   #20
BHPian

Congrats Bro! Sorry for delay, but that sure is a neat and wisely decided choice!
I've got a 600cc with in-line 4 cylinders, carbs and pipes visible too so can imagine the feel .. though yours looks real neat..!

Ride it hard, keep it cool..
Old 4th April 2009, 21:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow droolmaal
thats one amazing ride.
you are lucky to grab her
take care of her and she will give u many smiles in return

Ride Safe
Old 4th April 2009, 22:11   #22
BHPian

Had seen a video about this bike saying that it has one of the most balanced inline engines of all times.
In the video 'The honda dealer placed a cup of glass filled with some or the other liquid on the tank and then would rev the bike without spilling any of it.' Have been a fan of the bike ever since.
Old 5th April 2009, 20:29   #23
BHPian

congrats....

COngrats Buddy..
Very well maintained bike and im sure your gonna enjoy it to the hilt
Old 5th April 2009, 22:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the positive words. What more can I say? I am really overwhelmed. I was at first apprehensive of posting pics of a 20 year old bike in these dyas of CBRs, R1s, GSXs, Ninjas etc., lest I be laughed at. Thanks for those nice words indeed.

Hillram, it's a 4 into 1 exhaust. Some early bikes had 4 into 2 but I heard 4 into 1 sounds best.

MPower, those lights and fairing do indeed look odd. That's is the only sore point of the bike. May be Honda wasn't paying good salary to their designers in those days. But that said, you should see the bike at night from front with those huge lights on. The bike looks very scary and awesome. Jaywalking pedestrians just stop in their tracks when they see it approach, and added to that is that all-scaring sound. No need to honk to get way. Ok, the engine has a DOHC, 16 valves and is good for 91 bhp. 6-speed GB, 2 discs front, 1 rear and air-filled suspension front and back.

jsmonu, yes, naked bike has its own charm. Personally, I think those aircooled, large-finned, inline 4s should be flaunted and exposed rather than shrouded and hidden in some fibre/metal sheet fairing. Such engines look best naked.

And, thanks Aston Martin.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:11   #25
BHPian

Sagar: Something to help you out. Ul find all kinds of literature/manuals for your bike or similar. Here is the link.

All the best.
Old 6th April 2009, 22:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanx TuffRyder! I have downloaded the manual. Ryder, I am really enjoying the bike a lot. Being a rare and naked bike, it gets lot of attention wherever I go.

And the INLINE engine sound is mind-blowing. Something you won't get in vee-twins and even vee-fours. Vee engine sound like gid-gid-gid. There is no continuous turbine like sound that inline 4s have. Once you are hooked onto this sound, you won't settle for anything else.

Can anyone please suggets me an aftermarket exhaust can? Some of you asked how much I bought this for. Now where are they? I want to hear their comment if it was right or not. May I please?

JKdas, here are some of the best video links of CBX 750 that I came across on youtube.

1. rev-up sound

2. turbine like deceleration sound

3. street cruising sound

I'll post my bike video as soon as i'm back in Vizag.
Old 8th April 2009, 00:37   #27
BHPian

Sagar: I agree with you about the mind blowing sounds of the inlines. The V's aint that bad either, but yeah they are too different to compare.

As to the naked bikes, yeah I just love them. Prefer them any day to the fully covered ones. U could make a nice custom street bike outta it.

Check out this 125 cc inline 4 and the RC166 250 cc inline 6 by Honda.

You should check the videos and hear them rev, thatz mind blowing.

-pat-
Old 8th April 2009, 08:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Another compliment wouldn't hurt now, would it?

A very well kept bike, and congrats on the deal, pgsagar. Looking forward to your trip and maintenance logs on this beauty. Please do keep us posted on all the nitty gritties.....!
Old 8th April 2009, 19:15   #29
BANNED

PGSagar one request please dont remove these old decails anyways its personal choice but still these bikes looks better in their own old avatar.
Even one of my friends friend bought VF1000F from Bangalore almost 3 years back and that bike also got same character apart from its V four engine.
Congrates once again very nicely maintained and mint bike you got, have fun.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:01   #30
BHPian

I would second Ajay about keep the decals. These are modern classics and sooner or later u'd regret customizing it. Remember, you can have your bike original only once.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks