Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 15:15   #106
BHPian

Despoine is finally official now..Registration done @ last, she now sports BX-8888

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
What registration number are you waiting for? (I see you're still running on temp plates).
Hi FlyingSpur,
After close to 2 months and 20 days.... the BUSA is finally registered...
Its been a harrowing experience at the Andheri RTO office where officials simply refuse to rely on documents cleared by their seniors and take their own time to move things...

But all said and done... Despoine is finally official now .... Registration done @ last .... she now sports BX-8888 .

Cheers...

Sharing some pics.

REALITY is an illusion... albeit a very persistent one

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2010 at 11:39. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
pinnacle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2010, 15:46   #107
Senior - BHPian

@pinnacle - this is awfully late, but nevertheless, congrats on the white busa. She does look gorgeous and i have read every post of yours, here and on xbhp. Your passion and excitement is just amazing. Glad you got the bike of your dreams. Enjoy the busa and please ride safe mate.

I ride only on the weekends and even then the excitement is too much and I get aggressive with the riding for the first few kms. Its very risky at times. Please control the urge to wring that throttle and keep the high speeds blasts only for really wide open roads and still keep a lookout for anyone or anything that may come in your way. Ride very cautiously and anticipate problems as soon as possible.

Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
Can you please tell me whats the deal with the white domes back rest like thing behind the seat? it is some kind of a cover for the pilion seat? how does it work/what is it ? if you may please clarify?
Thats a rear seat cowl. Mostly for aesthetics as it improves the aerodynamic look of the bike.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
@pinnacle - this is awfully late, but nevertheless, congrats on the white busa. She does look gorgeous and i have read every post of yours, here and on xbhp. Your passion and excitement is just amazing. Glad you got the bike of your dreams. Enjoy the busa and please ride safe mate.

I ride only on the weekends and even then the excitement is too much and I get aggressive with the riding for the first few kms. Its very risky at times. Please control the urge to wring that throttle and keep the high speeds blasts only for really wide open roads and still keep a lookout for anyone or anything that may come in your way. Ride very cautiously and anticipate problems as soon as possible.

Take care.

Thats a rear seat cowl. Mostly for aesthetics as it improves the aerodynamic look of the bike.

so does one have to remove it completely and leave it home if a pillion were to ride - or does it slide in and hide somewhere?
Old 7th July 2010, 16:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_kruzer View Post
so does one have to remove it completely and leave it home if a pillion were to ride - or does it slide in and hide somewhere?
If there is a pillion, you remove the cowl and fix a seat in its place. Doesnt take more than 5 minutes to do so.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:41   #110
BHPian

Suzuki's day out

A friend of mine just got his Intruder recently.
Cherry Wine color
Sunday was a ride out with his new Stunner at bandra
Its an awesome machine with a fabulous street presence
Sharing some pics

pinnacle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 22:21   #111
BHPian

WOW!, Looks pretty cool. I noticed something in the intruder. Looks like it's registered in hyderabad. Isn't it?
AP 9
Old 15th July 2010, 11:04   #112
BHPian

yes its regd in hyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
WOW!, Looks pretty cool. I noticed something in the intruder. Looks like it's registered in hyderabad. Isn't it?
AP 9
yeah buddy
this one is regd in hyd..
Old 14th August 2010, 10:51   #113
BHPian

3200 kms done in 3 months... all city commute...

LOL.
Can you beat this ?
Busa as a daily commute bike !
I have been doing this for the last one month, rain gods willing
And its so much fun
Some may say its a pain enduring the tandoori heat that the busa gives up in stop n go traffic, i say its a matter of getting used to it
Have been taking the Busa to all my client inspections and meetings and boy its a convo starter.
Things start moving real fast once the client knows that you have arrived on the Busa.
But thats not my intention
I love riding the Despoine and cant stay away even for a day
Have completed 3200 kms till today
Hope to write a mid-term ownership report soon
Till then keep rocking guys
Old 14th August 2010, 15:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

3,200 KMsdone in Three Months - Can you Beat its

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
LOL.
Can you beat this ?
Busa as a daily commute bike !

Pinnacle!

I am sorry to say this - but you are wasting the Busa! If ever bikes had souls -like my son's favourites Bumble Bee, Octimus Prime etc from movie the Tansformers - your Busa's soul must be really unhappy with you for imprisoning her in mundane city rides.

Take her out - give her some free runs. Bikes like her are born to run and not a conversation piece to be parked in drawing rooms and board rooms!

If you need some inspiration talk to people like Gsferrari - hope you have seen his thread below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...km-report.html

Pinnacle, don't take me wrongly, but I really thought you would be one of those who would do justice to a Busa (initially when I started following your thread). Frankly I am disappointed that is all.

My be it was my mistake to think of you as a traveller.

Best Regards & Drive

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 14th August 2010 at 15:18.
Old 14th August 2010, 16:13   #115
BHPian

just went through the entire thread and i must tell you that i am not an avid bike fan but your monster of a super bike made me realize why are people so damn crazy about them.

of all the bikes featured in your thread yours is the one that grabs all the attention with that shiny paint job and the menacing look.
though i don't see myself becoming a biker anytime soon but you sure got a new fan in me.
like your passion for it, ride safe
Old 20th August 2010, 07:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Great bike, very flashy though for Mumbai? How do you keep it from being vandalised??
I am debating between a Suzuki Bandit and a Honda CB1000R currently, the Bandit because it is sober enough to not be noticed by possible vandals! Did you get the bike from Suzuki in Pune? Which dealer, and why him/Pune? I ask because I see that the service techs came down from Pune? Are you satisfied with the service?
Also, how much did you pay when you booked the bike - when did you pay the rest?
Did the dealer keep working on the registration issue or did he abandon you to your resources, time and energy?
Lots of questions, I know, I would appreciate a reply when you find the time.
Thanks!
Old 20th August 2010, 12:48   #117
BHPian

Living life the SuperBiking way in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
just went through the entire thread and i must tell you that i am not an avid bike fan but your monster of a super bike made me realize why are people so damn crazy about them.

of all the bikes featured in your thread yours is the one that grabs all the attention with that shiny paint job and the menacing look.
though i don't see myself becoming a biker anytime soon but you sure got a new fan in me.
like your passion for it, ride safe
Hi SuperBoy,
The Busa in the Pearl White livery looks awesome ( No offence to other color schemes on the busa ). No amount of pictures can do justice to seeing this beauty in real life. I would'nt say its menancing, but yes it has a super road presence and works like a magnet all the time. Sometimes the attention it gets can be over whelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Great bike, very flashy though for Mumbai? How do you keep it from being vandalised??
I am debating between a Suzuki Bandit and a Honda CB1000R currently, the Bandit because it is sober enough to not be noticed by possible vandals! Did you get the bike from Suzuki in Pune? Which dealer, and why him/Pune? I ask because I see that the service techs came down from Pune? Are you satisfied with the service?
Also, how much did you pay when you booked the bike - when did you pay the rest?
Did the dealer keep working on the registration issue or did he abandon you to your resources, time and energy?
Lots of questions, I know, I would appreciate a reply when you find the time.
Thanks!
Sawyer, would disagree on the flashy front.
All superbikes, specially the ones with fairings do attract loads of attention on Mumbai roads and im sure that holds true all over india. Its a challenge to manage this bike though. Every trip has to be planned even if its a short ride to a clients place or some meetings or site visits. Left unattended, it can be a disaster. SO i make calls in advance and make sure it gets a parking space in a secured locale with someone to watch over it while i am away doing my work. It proved to be difficult initially, but now all my clients n friends know of my eagerness to get the busa with me everytime and they are more than willing to oblige. WOuld say confidently that almost all of them are die hard fans by now, including many of my expat clients.

For the rest of the queries, please check your PM
Old 20th August 2010, 16:33   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post

Sawyer, would disagree on the flashy front.
What I meant was flashy as in attracting all kinds of attention, including the unwelcome kind. Good luck in keeping it unvandalised, it will take the kind of care you are exercising all the time. When I take my new i20 to Mumbai, I worry about passive damage to it!
Thanks for your number, I will call when I am close to the buying decision. The Hayabusa is too much bike for my skills and appetite, I am deciding between the Bandit or the CB1000R.
Old 21st August 2010, 00:51   #119
BHPian

Despoine attains Nirvana .. adorns Two Bros exhausts

The pussycat metamorphises into a Roaring Tigress. Finally after oscillating from one brand to another, n from one model to another - it was decision time. Faced with a plethora of choices, life ain't been easy. After all it's a big investment.

So the time now comes when I decide which aftermarket exhaust would Despoine grace. Two Brothers have always been my first choice. Heard a Busa with the two bros on Dubai n it mind blowing. Difficult choice was the selection from Aluminum and Carbon Fibre. Heart finally triumphed in the battle of economies and CF it was. Took the decision yesterday n called up PlanetDsg n as luck would have it, they had ready stick of CF. top it up, was his guy's visit to mumbai for some other work and he said he can deliver n fit the Carbon Fibre Two Brothers Exhaust.

Bingo, he was here this afternoon and it took all of 20 mins to remove the stock exhausts n fit the two bros. A flick on The starter n the tigress came to life. a roar that reverberated thru the entire neighborhood ... As if a giant awakens ...

That is the magic of two bros on the Despoine.. It truly brings out the beast within.. Know she feels like the 196 bhp beauty with raw power oozing ..

Have taken pix n videos,which I have to upload. Headed off for a 30 km ride to test the two bros n found it very musical, with deep bass. thumping n reverberating, the Busa now attracts attention of e everyone on n off the road. The Busa seems a wee bit lighter with those shedded pounds and I could feel as if I wad ridin a different bike altogether.

Will write more as I use this on open roads n text the difference in power, pickup n sound delivery.
Cheers guys.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:50   #120
BHPian

How can i post embedded you tube videos here ?

How do i post embedded you tube videos here ?
Tried cutting and pasting the you tube, but it doesnt come
any pointers please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks