Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 20:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
So, finally got my Termignoni exhausts night before last. But this is not a 'alls well that ends well' story unfortunately:
On a positive note: still love the bike will give the term's a good workout over the weekend!
Woops looks like there is no let up from the apathy that has been shown towards you, however did you atleast give the person a call to check on the stainless steel and not titanium stuff? What was his response like

Suppose till you get things sorted, give the Duc a good whack. Also would you want to share the experience/video of termignoni?
Old 25th November 2011, 20:46   #107
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Shayne,

Did you check out proitaliadotcom? A few of us on the DIR (FB group) have imported lot of stuff from there. Pretty quick shipping and professional guys. The regular duties have to be considered when estimating and do check the availability of stocks since they have the bad habit of not updating/deleting the old stock.
Old 25th November 2011, 21:20   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Why can't you do anything about it Shayne? If you went the legal route, meaning if you have the bills, receipts, order form etc. you can approach a consumer court and claim the difference and damages for all the agony they have put you through.
Absolutely! The Ducati guys will dish out the same treatment to future customers too. Insist on carbon fibre exhaust, or ask them to pay back the difference!
Old 25th November 2011, 22:52   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to read about all the hassle and heartburn that Ducati customers are going through. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Why can't you do anything about it Shayne? If you went the legal route, meaning if you have the bills, receipts, order form etc. you can approach a consumer court and claim the difference and damages for all the agony they have put you through. You could write a mail to the Ducati folks and let them know that you are contemplating legal action. That should wake them up. Its sad that such a respectable brand is so callous and careless.
Already done all this long ago. Wrote to Ducati Bangalore saying will consider legal action, this was when they were not responding at all. Wrote to Ducati Italy. Even got a couple of calls back from Italy, with no actual action. Only after this and after going through my contacts in the TV news channel business, did i get a response and the SS exhaust's delivered.. not through the dealer, but through some other convoluted route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
This kind of pain is absolutely not acceptable. One has to work hard and pay through their nose for this kind of purchase. And then the speedo does not work??!!! What else the bike's got other than that?
The speedo issue will be sorted once i get the non-ABS ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Woops looks like there is no let up from the apathy that has been shown towards you, however did you atleast give the person a call to check on the stainless steel and not titanium stuff? What was his response like

Suppose till you get things sorted, give the Duc a good whack. Also would you want to share the experience/video of termignoni?
The first thing i said when i saw the exhaust was that i think its SS. Didn't pursue it after that. But obviously he realized i figured this, and was saying he will try and get a 'rebate' on the exhaust for me. Will push for this but its a long shot. I also want my ECU changed, so will push only after that happens!
Will try and record the sound and post it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Shayne,

Did you check out proitaliadotcom? A few of us on the DIR (FB group) have imported lot of stuff from there. Pretty quick shipping and professional guys. The regular duties have to be considered when estimating and do check the availability of stocks since they have the bad habit of not updating/deleting the old stock.
well i do know of other online guys (like Commonwealth Motorcycles) that keep and ship Duc OEM and aftermarket parts to India. I will be getting all my parts from them henceforth, including tires..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Absolutely! The Ducati guys will dish out the same treatment to future customers too. Insist on carbon fibre exhaust, or ask them to pay back the difference!
Plan to ask for some money back. In any case the Bangalore dealer is closing down as well, so it doesn't matter, they won't be selling any more Ducati's to anyone!
Old 26th November 2011, 14:02   #110
BHPian

Went for the first long ride on the Monster with the new Termignoni's. Bike felt nice, smooth and with more power. Sounded great too! I had removed the db killers but put them back in before the ride, they are way too loud. Not very pleasant over long distances.
The terms don't look too bad actually, even if they are very shiny:
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster-img_0579.jpg  

Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster-img_0580.jpg  

Old 26th November 2011, 19:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The terms don't look too bad actually, even if they are very shiny:
Shayne,
She does look good even though they are shiny, nice snaps to say the least
Were you able to get any video clips
Old 27th November 2011, 13:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

Shayne,
I think am very late in here but never mind, Congratulations for the Monster, the termi's do look good, not bad at all.

As for your tryst with Ducati and the dealer, you have been very honest and put everything down very beautifully, the service does matter but at the end of the day its the product which should satisfy us and i see that happening very much.

The gurgaon dealer who had ducati dealership and then shifted to hyosung is being shut down by garware as well on repeated complaints from customers, i bought my gt650r from them and wonder how they even managed Duc dealership, they are very incompetent.

Never seen your monster on NH1 or NH8 on sunday mornings , i mostly go to NH1 as its better and wider than NH8, are you a member of g.o.d.s?

Ride Safe
Old 27th November 2011, 21:00   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Shayne,
She does look good even though they are shiny, nice snaps to say the least
Were you able to get any video clips
I did take video but it was too shaky to post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Shayne,
I think am very late in here but never mind, Congratulations for the Monster, the termi's do look good, not bad at all.

As for your tryst with Ducati and the dealer, you have been very honest and put everything down very beautifully, the service does matter but at the end of the day its the product which should satisfy us and i see that happening very much.

The gurgaon dealer who had ducati dealership and then shifted to hyosung is being shut down by garware as well on repeated complaints from customers, i bought my gt650r from them and wonder how they even managed Duc dealership, they are very incompetent.

Never seen your monster on NH1 or NH8 on sunday mornings , i mostly go to NH1 as its better and wider than NH8, are you a member of g.o.d.s?

Ride Safe
Yes i was in the dealers workshop on saturday. I really don't know what the guy is doing.. anyway, i do go out on saturday and sunday, on NH8 and into Delhi, and sometimes to greater Noida. Don't go to NH1, except when i went to Himachal on the bike some months ago.
Not a member of GODS.. yet.. what about you?
Old 28th November 2011, 00:49   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i was in the dealers workshop on saturday. I really don't know what the guy is doing.. anyway, i do go out on saturday and sunday, on NH8 and into Delhi, and sometimes to greater Noida. Don't go to NH1, except when i went to Himachal on the bike some months ago.
Not a member of GODS.. yet.. what about you?
It is being shut down by Garware, confirmed news, so would be good for you if he goes back to selling Ducati's again.
Nah, am not a member of GODS yet as they require min. 25 years of age and am still 20 , still had a few words with Doc and maybe a year down the line i too can join them, riding in a big group really helps sharpen skills along with learning a few things from others is what i think.

Thinking of going to Greater Noida someday, people telling me that the new stretch built for Buddh circuit is too good, would definitely like to try it out but fog is hitting very hard these days.

Himachal on the monster, wow, i need to go through the whole thread then, didnt you face any issues with the fuel quality? I am assuming the Monster requires 97 Octane.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 28th November 2011 at 01:00.
Old 28th November 2011, 10:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nah, am not a member of GODS yet as they require min. 25 years of age and am still 20 , still had a few words with Doc and maybe a year down the line
Wow...Any specific reason why the age limit has to be 25?
Old 28th November 2011, 10:59   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read Doc's interview sometime back in some magazine and the age bar is set at 25 to ensure only responsible adults are a part of the group (not verbatim though).
Old 28th November 2011, 11:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read Doc's interview sometime back in some magazine and the age bar is set at 25 to ensure only responsible adults are a part of the group (not verbatim though).
Sigh not to dwelve too much into that, but we do have people below 25 who have been in the thick of actions as well. Guess its very arbitrary for one to be classified underage and denied membership
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 17:49   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Sigh not to dwelve too much into that, but we do have people below 25 who have been in the thick of actions as well. Guess its very arbitrary for one to be classified underage and denied membership
Once upon a time I would have agreed. I always thought of myself as an ossum rider when I was 15

Now, I have the benefit of hindsight
Old 28th November 2011, 18:16   #119
BHPian

Quote:

Himachal on the monster, wow, i need to go through the whole thread then, didnt you face any issues with the fuel quality? I am assuming the Monster requires 97 Octane.
No issues, did 1600kms in 3 days. Carried 4 bottles of STP Octane booster, more for psychological peace of mind than any real benefit! The simple fact is that even with lower Octane fuel than required (the Monster needs 'at least' 95 Octane), as long as you drive at lower rpm's, the engine does not complain or get harmed. I kept below 6000 rpm and had no problems, even though the engine did feel slightly more rough.
shayne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 18:27   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Few years back , a young kid in the group ,on the way to or along the ride with them ,rammed his BUSA into truck and he along with bike was burnt to ashes , it was in papers. From then onwards may be then have put up this rule .

Most Viewed