Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 12:11   #241
Senior - BHPian

I was told what they have is a 2011 models and skoda has not started manufacturing in 2012. That's what's making me wonder
Old 14th June 2012, 12:30   #242
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
I was told what they have is a 2011 models and skoda has not started manufacturing in 2012. That's what's making me wonder
Like I said, have a word with Hemanth and ask him your queries frankly. It might be that Vinayak is holding stock of 2011 models. It may also be that Skoda has stopped importing kits of 4x4 Elegance for a bit because they may have brought in a number of the 4x2 kits which they are waiting to exhaust first.
Heaven knows! Only, if you do take 4x4 Elegance 2011 Nov model or whatever , then push Hemanth for at least 1.8 discount. If you get 2 off I will be very happy for you.
No harm pushing the envelope a bit eh?
I dont know about this Skoda not manufacturing in 2012. There is three to four month wait list for the Yeti right now in the UK! There is a 3 month waitlist for the Black and White Rapid Diesel top spec in India right now is what I was told by Tafe yesterday. It looks like Skoda is doing quite well, with demand being good.
Enjoy.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:52   #243
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti vs Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I dont know about this Skoda not manufacturing in 2012
All late 2011 vehicles are basically MY2012 vehicles in their internal terminology. Maybe they are waiting for the release of the MY2013 vehicles which were supposed to go into production from May'2012 abroad and they will directly import and kit MY2013 vehicles here in a couple of months rather than give their customers MY2012 vehicles. Also seeing the low volumes (around 150 per month) they may already have that much stock in their yards which they are clearing. MY2013 abroad comes with small and subtle changes which are hardly noticeable from outside. More info on briskoda.com.
Old 14th June 2012, 13:57   #244
BHPian

had a recent visit to the skoda workshop in mumbai, for a annual service appointment and whilst i was in their waiting room, i happened to meet with a senior technical engineer who was down from Skoda to train some of the workshop mechanics.

He politely questioned me about my Skoda experience, with the car and the service etc, i took the opportunity to ask him about the current discounts (and if its being discontinued or is a face-lift expected) on the Yeti and on why they haven't launched the DSG spec as yet?

He confirmed, although unofficially that they are testing the Auto variant in Aurangabad and its likely to be launched in the next quarter, with some cosmetic (minor) changes as well. It is for sure not being disconinued, just liquidating their stock of 2011. I for one am looking forward to the DSG Yeti with a diesel heart..
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 14:40   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM
had a recent visit to the skoda workshop in mumbai, for a annual service appointment and whilst i was in their waiting room, i happened to meet with a senior technical engineer who was down from Skoda to train some of the workshop mechanics.

He politely questioned me about my Skoda experience, with the car and the service etc, i took the opportunity to ask him about the current discounts (and if its being discontinued or is a face-lift expected) on the Yeti and on why they haven't launched the DSG spec as yet?

He confirmed, although unofficially that they are testing the Auto variant in Aurangabad and its likely to be launched in the next quarter, with some cosmetic (minor) changes as well. It is for sure not being disconinued, just liquidating their stock of 2011. I for one am looking forward to the DSG Yeti with a diesel heart..
Thank you. This bears out what I had suggested earlier about their following the simple FIFO policy as any half decent inventory manager should do.
Yes the DSG variant will be nice! But it will cost at least one lac more than the present Elegance I guess.
Old 14th June 2012, 18:06   #246
Senior - BHPian

After I kept mum for 2 days and not calling them, the skoda dealer I had TD'ed with, called me some time ago, and I told him, I am waiting for the Duster launch, and only then will take a decision. And guess what, he is now offering 2.85 lacs discount on the elegance variant (I had only asked for 2.5 lacs discount initially, of which they had offered 2 lacs). It seems they are very desperate to clear their inventory. OTR 17.5 lacs including 4 years extended warranty/Skoda Shield. I am in tango -to take the plunge or wait for the Duster launch. :(
Old 14th June 2012, 18:10   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
After I kept mum for 2 days and not calling them, the skoda dealer I had TD'ed with, called me some time ago, and I told him, I am waiting for the Duster launch, and only then will take a decision. And guess what, he is now offering 2.85 lacs discount on the elegance variant (I had only asked for 2.5 lacs discount initially, of which they had offered 2 lacs). It seems they are very desperate to clear their inventory. OTR 17.5 lacs including 4 years extended warranty/Skoda Shield. I am in tango -to take the plunge or wait for the Duster launch. :(
Take it! This is a very good deal and if you delay you risk losing this opportunity. Just inspect the vehicle well before taking it with the Tbhp pdi check list.
Old 14th June 2012, 18:17   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth

Take it! This is a very good deal and if you delay you risk losing this opportunity. Just inspect the vehicle well before taking it with the Tbhp pdi check list.
I second that because it is almost one lac more than I got, in Dec 2011. 2.85 is indeed a huge discount. Just close your eyes and buy the blessed thing. Forget all the doubting thomases, just follow your instinct. The Yeti Elegance completely dusts off the Duster, when it comes at this price advantage. No comparison between the two so dont even bother waiting!
If you dont mind, which dealer? V or T?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th June 2012 at 18:19.
Old 14th June 2012, 18:22   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
that is a mouth watering price. i bought mine from Giriraj and got a 2.2lk discount on the elegance and this was the most i could extract after trying my best for a month with all the dealers and i jumped at the offer.
i feel at 17.5 OTR delhi its tremendous value and from what i have seen of the duster it wont hold a candle to the features and luxuries of the Yeti elegance and the yeti would be same if not better in all other departments.
Old 14th June 2012, 18:34   #250
Senior - BHPian

now, I am feeling more greedy .. it's a 2011 model, so, I guess this much discount was expected. I'll try to pitch this offer to the other dealer (one at CP) and see if they can better it. Am sure their margin must be still good even after such discount

BTW, some days earlier, I was even ready to make any deal on used Outlander/Pajero SFX 2009/2010 for 14-15 lacs. How crazy was I!

Last edited by iTNerd : 14th June 2012 at 18:37.
Old 14th June 2012, 18:48   #251
BHPian

iTNerd, I sent you a PM. I am also in the same process but haven't got any such offer. may be we can get together and ask for more
Old 14th June 2012, 19:41   #252
BANNED

Good on you boys. Hope both of you get what you are seeking!
Old 14th June 2012, 19:54   #253
BHPian

Let's see how it goes. I already have booked duster but looking at the scenario of diesel tax, and getting some nice deal on yeti, I might change my mind. And the fact that duster 4x4 is not coming is actually making me think towards yeti (not that I am a hard core off roader but just that if I need someday, I am not left stranded )
Old 14th June 2012, 20:00   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post

I had the same verbal confirmation from Tafe access, Bangalore. They mentioned there would be a DSG variant of the Yeti but petrol.

In the meantime, I'm also considering the laura L&K version. How is this vehicle. I havent seen reviews of this vehicle.
Old 14th June 2012, 21:53   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose

I had the same verbal confirmation from Tafe access, Bangalore. They mentioned there would be a DSG variant of the Yeti but petrol.

In the meantime, I'm also considering the laura L&K version. How is this vehicle. I havent seen reviews of this vehicle.
Now you are talking.
Strangely, yesterday after a meeting in JP Nagar, I went and checked out the Laura L&K at Tafe JP Nagar.
They have one car on display in Rosso Brunello. It will cost you about 23.85 on road but I am sure you can negotiate a good discount on this too.
Its got some fantastic features, a huge boot, very plush inside, cruise control, six cd changer with touch screen and electric seats and all the rest of it.
Its got a ground clearance of 170mm when loaded and about 180mm when empty. Electronic diff lock, which will ensure that power distribution is perfect to whichever wheel has the grip and a whole lot of other stuff. It has 12 speakers and sound is excellent - even better than my Yeti with its 8 speakers. If I remember right it has 8 airbags and all the rest of the safety kit that anyone may want.
All in all, an excellent car and well worth it.
One of our other pals on the forum is considering it too, but I will let him add his impressions without stealing his thunder.
One of my friends has the old L&K and that came with the sun roof etc. Thats the only thing they have pulled off in this new L & K. It also does not have bluetooth connectivity for the mobile phone.
Else it is a brilliant car at a brilliant price. Don't even think of comparing it to the Fortuner etc because the differences are inter- galactic in nature!
You may also do well to consider a Superb Ambition which is really Superbly loaded and comes at a fair price.
Think on it!
All the best.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th June 2012 at 21:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks