Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 10:44   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Scorpio vs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
E

Coming back to topic, picked up a W8 yesterday as the W6 has quite a few things missing.
Congratulation Brocklock, that's a great buy. The first thing that you should do now is to befriend your Service Advisor and the Relationship Manager, and you are good to zoom. Cheers once again!
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 21:27   #47
BHPian

This is an old thread.

How do we compare the NEW Scorpio (3) with XUV5oo

No one talks about fundamental differences like FWD vs RWD in 2wd mode (including reviews).

To me, XUV is more like a heavy fwd car,
Scorpio is an rwd truck, driving feel is different in both vehicles.

Last edited by aerohit : 14th November 2014 at 21:33.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 08:29   #48
BHPian

Bumping up a thread ...

I am in confusion - which one to go for ?

W6 on road - 13,75,000
S10 on road - 13,50,000

I have not test drove both - and driving a petrol sedan, SX4, it would be my first upgrade to diesel SUV.

Of the above which is better ? better in terms of maintenance, mileage and space. Being a sedate driver, I would rarely go above 100km/hr and will be negligible off roading.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Bumping up a thread ...

I am in confusion - which one to go for ?

W6 on road - 13,75,000
S10 on road - 13,50,000

I have not test drove both - and driving a petrol sedan, SX4, it would be my first upgrade to diesel SUV.

Of the above which is better ? better in terms of maintenance, mileage and space. Being a sedate driver, I would rarely go above 100km/hr and will be negligible off roading.
Maintenance = Both would be almost the same
Mileage = I think again both would be the same. Even though XUV has a more powerful engine, it is lighter and also has six ratios to play with.
Space = First and second row - XUV wins hands down. Third row - both are equal.

I would strongly suggest the XUV because -

* It is built on a modern monocoque chassis.
* It is safer than the Scorpio.
* Ride and handling is better than the Scorpio.
* Interiors of XUV feel plush and upmarket.
* Finally, XUV has that feel good factor.

Since you are a sedate driver, I dont think you like bullying annoying drivers on the road, else I would have suggested the Scorpio! No offence to Scorpio driver, I am a Scorpio fan myself but the new Scorpio just does not justify the pricing, especially when compared to the much evolved XUV.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 10:33   #50
BHPian

Hi,

I do own a XUV 5OO W6, however when I did the test drive of the new Scorpio I was bowled over by :

a) Road Handling
b) Planted feel
c) The power availability ( mainly because of the of the tall gear ratios and the, and the 120 BHP).
c) Interiors are way refined than the earlier one, and the MID is beautifully sorted, Its better than the XUV ( heck, you get the same steering)

So in my opinion its not something that you can blow off, just like that.

Monocoque , has its pluses and minuses, However one thing that I don't like in XUV, is that it does have body roll. Otherwise its perfect ( sans all the niggles we faced , which are ironed out in the recent models).

The most important factor working out is the economics. S10 and W6, are almost in the same price band. And in that band XUV would make a better choice. However if you talk about "off roading" the dynamics would change. XUV is a X-over mind it. SO if you talk about off roading go for the S6 or S8 4WD.

Do keep us posted on your FINAL VERDICT. Cheers!
me_sid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 10:39   #51
BHPian

Thanks a lot Sid and Raj..
In the month of December, Mahindra is pushing 40K of discount with XUV500 - just 10K discount on Scorpio (exchange).
I am in no mood to buy a 2014 model - most probably I'll wait for couple of months, and buy it in Feb or March.

Most probably I'll have to take a test drive for both ... dropping Duster and Terrano out of my search,
Old 10th December 2014, 10:52   #52
BHPian

Wow. Now its even easier, since the difference is now minuscule. I would suggest drive both the vehicles extensively, and then decide. After all its your hard earned money.

Secondly it doesn't matter if its a 2014 model. Just that take a note of the VIN number beforehand and give the green light for registration formality once its confirmed that the vehicle is not more than a month old. Third when it comes to the shoes, insist on the Bridgestone Duellers HT ( For XUV's).

Ciao!
Old 10th December 2014, 12:33   #53
BHPian

I agree with Raj_5004. Apart from the points he mentioned its also easy to ingress in XUV. You have to climb into Scorpio and will be a trouble for elderly people. You do also get a flat loading space by folding down the middle and last row seats.

My family liked the middle row space in XUV compared to Scorpio. Please do take a test drive along with family and you can easily come to a conclusion.
Old 10th December 2014, 19:22   #54
BHPian

Hello all,
I am in a similar dilemma. We own a 2012 XUV. My dad ,after seeing the new Scorpio,wants to exchange for that. We need a 7 seater for sure. I have not test driven the new Scorpio. What other options do I have. We also want a car with good resale value too. How about Rexton or Koleos or Mobilio? Thanks in advance.
Old 10th December 2014, 20:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Third when it comes to the shoes, insist on the Bridgestone Duellers HT ( For XUV's).

Ciao!
I was not sure if Mahindra provides us an option of choosing tires ? What is the second option they give us !?

As far as extensive test drive goes, I'll probably do it once this saturday, and next when I am near the buying period.

Good thing, that I'll find both XUV and Scorpio together under one roof
Old 11th December 2014, 08:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I was not sure if Mahindra provides us an option of choosing tires ? What is the second option they give us !?

As far as extensive test drive goes, I'll probably do it once this saturday, and next when I am near the buying period.

Good thing, that I'll find both XUV and Scorpio together under one roof
Well, its all about persuasion. Just stick on to the statement I want Duellers, how why your baby. And a little aggression as in "if its not shodded with Duellers I ain't taking it". It will work trust me. Been there, done that. Second option is HAWKZ, and that's not a good option I would say, in comparison.

And during test drive don't drive only on good roads, then the scale will tip heavily on the XUV's side. Drive it in some bad and some nightmarish roads also.

Have fun!
Old 11th December 2014, 14:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was not sure if Mahindra provides us an option of choosing tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Well, its all about persuasion
It's not an option, it's a lottery

There's a 3rd brand too - JK Elanzo.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 15:20   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding the tyre selection mentioned above.

Based on the comments on the forum, I had informed both dealers whom I was checking with that I would want XUV with Dulers.

While one dealer was ready to swap the tires with any other vehicle in the yard, other was insisting that M&M may be having record of tyre batch in the system. Hence swapping the tyre may nullify any future tyre related warranty claims.

I would like to add that I went with the second dealer, who gave an option for me to do the PDI and along with tires if any issues were found I can wait till the next lot of vehicles to arrive. Luckily in my case, the first slot itself came with Dulers.

What I meant was, if you have time to wait till the next lot of vehicle, you should not be much concerned about the selection process.
Old 11th December 2014, 18:27   #59
BHPian

I got the apollo tyres with my xuv, and they have been doing well. JK tyres are no longer being supplied for the xuv due to high rate of negative customer reviews against it. Having either bridgestone or apollo is fine.
Old 11th December 2014, 20:09   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
I got the apollo tyres with my xuv, and they have been doing well.
I agree with you.
I have been using Apollo Hawkz for the past 23k km and they have really aged well for their price and quality. In fact, they came back from the back of beyond of Ladakh without a single puncture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks