Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2006, 12:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Lexus would be pretty good but it's a car based SUV and would not be as tough as the Prado/Pajero. But it is a decent drive and has good reliability and great service from Lexus.
Old 19th July 2006, 13:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaid
the cadillac escalade is i think for apprx 40 lakhs (converted INR)

cheers
Is that off budget?? Cuz that would have been one helluva ride.
Old 21st July 2006, 13:41   #18
BHPian

How about the toyota fortuner or the mistibuishi nativa - they are cheaper options and capable offroaders too. The gmc envoy is great too. the new cadillac escalade looks better than the old model.
Old 21st July 2006, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Unless I'm mistaken, Chevy Tahoe = GMS Envoy = Cadillac Escalade = Hummer H2.

All on the same platform. The Tahoe and the Envoy share the same engine, interiors (except for some fake wood) and all other features, but the Envoy is costlier because it has a couple of airbags more plus ABS - about 20% costlier.

Look at all three (not including the Hummer) and you will see that the overall bodyshape is the same. Even the internals are the same except for leather and a DVD in the Escalade. The Escalade comes with a 6 litre engine while the Tahoe and the Envoy have a 5.7. Still good enough.

Of the lot, the Tahoe Z71 is the most VFM. If you want to look upmarket, dont go beyond the Envoy - everyone knows you've paid more , even if it was for the same ***. That is what makes it upmarket.

Quote:
the cadillac escalade is i think for apprx 40 lakhs (converted INR)

cheers
If you're buying it in the middle east, the Escalade cant be more than the equivalant of INR 25 lakhs. I think its less than that - the Tahoe is approx Rs.14 lakhs and the Envoy is about 16-18.

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st July 2006 at 13:57.
Old 24th July 2006, 04:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

GM Truck platforms (North America)

Tahoe=Escalade=Suburban=HummerH2
Envoy=Trailblazer=Olds Bravada=Saab SUV
Colorado=Canyon=Hummer H3
Old 24th July 2006, 05:46   #21
BHPian

sorry for being but anyone has any idea when the infiniti M35/45 is gonna come out in the Middle East??
Old 24th July 2006, 20:13   #22
mxx
BHPian

Go for Prado. Or Fortuner if you need a cheaper option.
I had a test drive of these vehicles last october when i was abroad.
The engines and overall package of Prado and fortuner are much better than Pajero. All 3 are good off-roaders too.

Please, Dont fall for those american soft-roaders, most of them are lousy off-road or not efficient vehicles as the toyotas.
Old 25th July 2006, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Hey, must add my two-bit with an interesting new vehicle that would technically be in the same class as Nativa/Fortuner. The Hummer H3..

One of our off-road club members has picked one up, and there's no shortage of capability off-road. Add to that the sheer joy of being in a Hummer, and the feeling of making heads turn. Personally love the black H3.

Prices start at AED 115k, from what i've seen.

The Fortuner is another good performer off-road, and a comfortable car for the city. But for this, i would recommend that you go with the 4.0L engine, as the 2.7L makes the car a bit too sluggish.

Drop me a line when you're here, and come offroading with us.. the gurus in the clubs can give you an even better idea of which 4x4 to go for.

I would agree to stay away from Chevys, GMCs, Caddy's and the like, as the value drops faster than Monica Bellucci's clothes!

Enjoy..
Old 25th July 2006, 10:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
GM Truck platforms (North America)

Tahoe=Escalade=Suburban=HummerH2
Envoy=Trailblazer=Olds Bravada=Saab SUV
Colorado=Canyon=Hummer H3
Thanks Mpower - I mentioned Envoy where I should've mentioned YUKON.
Old 26th July 2006, 00:55   #25
BHPian

Is the FJ Cruiser officially launched in the middle east? Have see a couple of these here in qatar. It stands out from the current crop of SUVs. It might be priced between the fortuner and the prado

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/inde...ASH_FJ_CRUISER
Old 26th July 2006, 10:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfreak
Is the FJ Cruiser officially launched in the middle east? Have see a couple of these here in qatar. It stands out from the current crop of SUVs. It might be priced between the fortuner and the prado

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/inde...ASH_FJ_CRUISER
Launched and seen on the roads.
Old 30th July 2006, 11:07   #27
BHPian

The FJ Cruiser is not officially launched here, as in the dealers are not selling it. The ones you see here are imported by others, and are sold as brand new but without warranty.

For the price you can pick up a LandCruiser VXR! I thought it would be between the Prado & LC in terms of pricing, but I checked in Dubai, and the prices vary from Dhs.160k to Dhs.180k.

Definitely not worth that much!
Old 30th July 2006, 20:15   #28
BHPian

A friend who moved to Dubai recently also looked at the VW Touareg which I thought was awesome when I saw it last year...but he eventually bought a Prado.
Old 14th September 2006, 02:47   #29
BHPian

Prado/Pajero or the Lexus RX350 in the Middle East

Hey guys.. am back.. have moved in to the ME and the car hunt has started here all over again...

While I had kinda made up my mind on the Prado and am currently waiting for the 2007 model to be launched here... the Lexus R350 also seems quite interestng. Infact i quite liked the vehicle...

An expert views on the RX350.. please do post

cheers
Old 14th September 2006, 10:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys.. am back.. have moved in to the ME and the car hunt has started here all over again...

While I had kinda made up my mind on the Prado and am currently waiting for the 2007 model to be launched here... the Lexus R350 also seems quite interestng. Infact i quite liked the vehicle...

An expert views on the RX350.. please do post

cheers
Go for prado man! I remember a line from an ad I saw long back and it is somehow etched into my mind "Before the trend, before the SUV, before the hype, the landcruiser was there".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks