Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 23:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Buying a Car in the Middle East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Lexus GX460 is NOT for 200K AED, one can get a much better deal on them.
Dear Mr.Parm,Please confirm if you can better the deal on a brand new 2014 MY GX.I offered because I could help the gentlemen.
No offence meant, Toyota cars are nice in terms of only 2 things, Reliabilty and Resale value.There is no quality for the materials in the cabin.Things are not what they used to be.Its dull, and boring GRAY.Not fun to drive on the roads too.The only place their 4WD suceeds is in offroading.
If you are not bothered too much into resale value,you may consider the following:
Chevy traverse - excellent car with superb support on all 7 seats and a decent boot to match.service intervals of 10k is also a boon.
GMC Acadia - same as above, only the badge changes.The brand commands respect in the ME.
Honda Pilot - decent 7 seater, but boring to look at,better quality than a toyota.
Nissan pathfinder, very good seating and quality but CVT gears are a letdown.
Dodg Durango is also a good option for 7 seats with both V6 and V8 engines,however this car will have the least resale value.
Do not buy a car from Al futtaim Automall, they will rip you,and they are known for it.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 00:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Guys as am nearing getting my license am still thinking of more options apart from Prado.
Any suggestions on Ford explorer/ navigator, Infinity etc.
Guys already here in dubai please do help !
Check out the 2014 Dodge Durango! The new refresh came just about a month ago (with 192 LED's and all that) and its priced perfectly! Read the feature on Drivearabia.I never thought much of the car and it never caught any attention anyway but i guess they've up-ed their game and now its a pretty cool car with a great price tag.Even the V8 R/T is also very well priced and looks its part.
Old 12th March 2014, 11:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
What's your budget? I would recommend to look else where than Toyota..Their vehicles are good .. no doubt but the options they provide are far lesser than most + they do not offer full service contract..
You have a lot of options to look at..If you don't require a 7 seater then you can look at LR 2 which comes in at 169000 AED with a 3 yr contract..
I had a look at it when I took my Jag .It was decent for the price tag it had.
Another option will be Dodge.. The Hemi (5.8 L) one is only 146000 AED and it comes with an 8 speed auto ..
Then you have Chevrolet traverse which is at around 120000 ED
Another one is mazda 9 .. one of the best handling ones out there I would say and the top end one with all bells and whistles is 144000 AED
I have a Kia Mohave (3.5 l) and am very happy with it.. 4 yrs and 0 troubles..Got it with maintenance contract for 4 yrs and hence had to pay nothing for service.The new one I believe is around 1,20000 AED.
hi praveen, frankly i did not have a budget in my mind. not that there is excess cash but just that i wanted to buy a 4x4 here and got my mind set to a cut of at least a prado. as you know, more the options, it gets confusing. i keep looking out and daily i have different options in front of me.
i plan to buy a car which should be efficient , a seven seater with good boot space, and also maybe a good resale. i am not into offroading and stuff as of now and the car would mainly be used for travel to office and weekend outings. i dont get really attracted to likes of mazda or maybe kia. maybe the reason is i haven't heard much of these cars. one of my friends suggested a ford explorer (maybe a pre owned - full options). is it that ford would have a huge maintenance. btw if you are in dubai, we can meet up also sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Dear Mr.Parm,Please confirm if you can better the deal on a brand new 2014 MY GX.I offered because I could help the gentlemen.
No offence meant, Toyota cars are nice in terms of only 2 things, Reliabilty and Resale value.There is no quality for the materials in the cabin.Things are not what they used to be.Its dull, and boring GRAY.Not fun to drive on the roads too.The only place their 4WD suceeds is in offroading.
If you are not bothered too much into resale value,you may consider the following:
Chevy traverse - excellent car with superb support on all 7 seats and a decent boot to match.service intervals of 10k is also a boon.
GMC Acadia - same as above, only the badge changes.The brand commands respect in the ME.
Honda Pilot - decent 7 seater, but boring to look at,better quality than a toyota.
Dodg Durango is also a good option for 7 seats with both V6 and V8 engines,however this car will have the least resale value.
Do not buy a car from Al futtaim Automall, they will rip you,and they are known for it.
hi knight, appreciate your response. i am looking for a seven seater 4x4. so do all options suggested by you strike off in case of this. Are Al futtaim / Al tayer all the same? some one had suggested that, they do charge a bit more but do cover the maintenance and also warranty as well, particularly for pre owned vehicles. there is another place Al awir ( dont know if the spelling is right) wherein there are many options to select from and you walk out with your car. Again any inputs on this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudhabicars View Post
Check out the 2014 Dodge Durango! The new refresh came just about a month ago (with 192 LED's and all that) and its priced perfectly! Read the feature on Drivearabia.I never thought much of the car and it never caught any attention anyway but i guess they've up-ed their game and now its a pretty cool car with a great price tag.Even the V8 R/T is also very well priced and looks its part.
Thanks, will take a look at the same as well. but some people in the forum suggest that dodge has the least resale as it depreciates quite quickly. My idea is to keep a car for max 3-4 years and then change if required.

Quote:
If you are willing to spend 200k,I can get you a deal on Lexus GX460.
Quote:
Lexus GX460 is NOT for 200K AED, one can get a much better deal on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Recently saw an ad in the paper saying a GLK and an 84' LG UHD TV for 160k.
Quote:
What's your budget? I would recommend to look else where than Toyota..Their vehicles are good .. no doubt but the options they provide are far lesser than most + they do not offer full service contract.
guys i just got an interesting reply from a person who had listed 3.0L V6 Engine 2014 Model Land Rover Range Sport HSE. this brand new car he is ready to ship for 40,000 USD to Dubai. it will shipped from cyprus it seems. i suppose the actual cost is around 74,000 USD.
This guy is in constant touch with me through emails and he has sent photos , details of the vehicle, shipment charges etc. Also he has mentioned that it would be a bank transfer after delivery of shipment. Am not sure at all if this can be true.
Personally i feel this can be a fraud and maybe you guys will have better idea. Also i thought our community should be aware of such things which would ensure that people are not caught in such traps (if its so)

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th March 2014 at 05:06. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Plz refer the posting guidelines Announcement on How-To instructions. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2014, 15:12   #94
BHPian

Quote:

guys i just got an interesting reply from a person who had listed 3.0L V6 Engine 2014 Model Land Rover Range Sport HSE. this brand new car he is ready to ship for 40,000 USD to Dubai. it will shipped from cyprus it seems. i suppose the actual cost is around 74,000 USD.
This guy is in constant touch with me through emails and he has sent photos , details of the vehicle, shipment charges etc. Also he has mentioned that it would be a bank transfer after delivery of shipment. Am not sure at all if this can be true.
Personally i feel this can be a fraud and maybe you guys will have better idea. Also i thought our community should be aware of such things which would ensure that people are not caught in such traps (if its so)
Don't go for it..It might be a scam..
You can seriously think about Ford explorer as well .It's a decent vehicle.Don't worry about maintenance if you are taking a new one ...It will have a service contract for 5 years and you don't have to pay a penny for 5 years..I am in Dubai and Will pm you my number..Give ma a call .. Will let you know the details
Old 12th March 2014, 15:17   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go for it..It might be a scam..
You can seriously think about Ford explorer as well .It's a decent vehicle.Don't worry about maintenance if you are taking a new one ...It will have a service contract for 5 years and you don't have to pay a penny for 5 years..I am in Dubai and Will pm you my number..Give ma a call .. Will let you know the details
Thanks praveen do pm me your number. what would be a better between a toyota prado vis a vis an explorer.
Old 12th March 2014, 15:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks praveen do pm me your number. what would be a better between a toyota prado vis a vis an explorer.
If you only want a vehicle to go from point A to Point B and does not care about he options available the Prado would fit the bill as it a very reliable vehicle. But if you are some one who enjoys driving then look for Maxda, ford ,RR etc.

Check out the prado and ford explorer and compare the prices and options and you will understand what I meant

I have pm'd my number.Give me a buzz once you have sometime
Old 12th March 2014, 16:02   #97
BHPian

Quote:
If you only want a vehicle to go from point A to Point B and does not care about he options available the Prado would fit the bill as it a very reliable vehicle. But if you are some one who enjoys driving then look for Maxda, ford ,RR etc.

Check out the prado and ford explorer and compare the prices and options and you will understand what I meant

I have pm'd my number.Give me a buzz once you have sometime
Ok, great will buzz you after some research at my end . Thanks :thumbup:
Old 13th March 2014, 00:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How well and how high the relationship in a dealership you have, will result in smaller or bigger discount on the vehicle.

Anyway the gentleman wants to buy a vehicle of his choice and liking, not according to what we want him to buy and drive.
Old 14th March 2014, 00:01   #99
BHPian

Quote:
How well and how high the relationship in a dealership you have, will result in smaller or bigger discount on the vehicle.

Anyway the gentleman wants to buy a vehicle of his choice and liking, not according to what we want him to buy and drive.
The relationship with a specific dealer, in this case is the AFM group making me confirm my statement.
Old 14th March 2014, 00:52   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The relationship with a specific dealer, in this case is the AFM group making me confirm my statement.
Absolutely!

A sales person has his limits of discount, so does the sales manager and so does the person above him. And if the reach is further up towards sales director, the game becomes interesting.

Anyway coming back to the topic, AR please do test drive the vehicles which have touched your heart and don't feel shy to say NO after the test drive if you don't like a particular vehicle.
Old 14th March 2014, 01:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd stay away from this if I were you. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Quote:
If CaliforniaKnight were to offer a price in the UAE, I'd take it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th March 2014 at 01:19.
Old 17th March 2014, 11:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
hey californiaknight, i will pm you on this soon.

Quote:
Absolutely!

A sales person has his limits of discount, so does the sales manager and so does the person above him. And if the reach is further up towards sales director, the game becomes interesting.

Anyway coming back to the topic, AR please do test drive the vehicles which have touched your heart and don't feel shy to say NO after the test drive if you don't like a particular vehicle.
HI parm, i surely will. I will keep you posted as well on this. Today i saw an infinity RX35 and the looks were really good. dont know how good the cars of infinity are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I'd stay away from this if I were you. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

If CaliforniaKnight were to offer a price in the UAE, I'd take it.
Thanks steeroid, i anyway have stopped responding to the mails the dealer had sent.
Old 17th March 2014, 12:41   #103
BHPian

On the same lines,

Is there a shortage of 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara edition in the Middle east?

In Qatar, the dealer has been saying the shipment would reach 'next month' since Feb'14. Today when I inquired, the response is 'maybe end of April'.
Tried searching online to see if the Jeep plant has had some production issues, but none that I could find.

How is the scene in Dubai? Are 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited available?
Old 17th March 2014, 12:49   #104
BHPian

Quote:
i plan to buy a car which should be efficient , a seven seater with good boot space, and also maybe a good resale. i am not into offroading and stuff as of now and the car would mainly be used for travel to office and weekend outings. i dont get really attracted to likes of mazda or maybe kia. maybe the reason is i haven't heard much of these cars. one of my friends suggested a ford explorer (maybe a pre owned - full options). is it that ford would have a huge maintenance. btw if you are in dubai, we can meet up also sometime.
My three cents,

1. Stay away from Al Aweer as most of the cars there are heavily made up to hide damage etc. (atleast this is how it was 5 years ago)

2. Stay away from FORD, The after sales service is horrible and I know two of my colleagues who burnt their fingers badly with the Explorers. After the warranty period was over they had to pay around 20K each for fixing various things, such as timing belts, sensors etc. etc.

3. Pre owned Al Futtaim Auto Mall is the recommended one however you will end up paying a premium as you get 6 months warranty on any parts failing.
shivshanker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 13:05   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
On the same lines,

Is there a shortage of 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara edition in the Middle east?

In Qatar, the dealer has been saying the shipment would reach 'next month' since Feb'14. Today when I inquired, the response is 'maybe end of April'.
Tried searching online to see if the Jeep plant has had some production issues, but none that I could find.

How is the scene in Dubai? Are 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited available?
i have seen quite a few of them on roads in dubai already. i dont think here it is a problem, but not sure of the production issues though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
My three cents,

1. Stay away from Al Aweer as most of the cars there are heavily made up to hide damage etc. (atleast this is how it was 5 years ago)

2. Stay away from FORD, The after sales service is horrible and I know two of my colleagues who burnt their fingers badly with the Explorers. After the warranty period was over they had to pay around 20K each for fixing various things, such as timing belts, sensors etc. etc.

3. Pre owned Al Futtaim Auto Mall is the recommended one however you will end up paying a premium as you get 6 months warranty on any parts failing.
Thanks shivshanker. every piece of advice counts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks