Voters: 689. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 08:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
J
But if someone requires a bigger, roomier crossover with more seats, AT + AWD combo, wider service network, my vote goes for XUV-500. I completely love this car, having owned this car for close to 5 years, and later an improved facelift was launched which mostly covered whatever I ranted about in my ownership thread(Interior color, squeaky interior panels, tall gearing, garish Design....). There are rumors of 170hp version coming.
I was searching for your comment here in this thread esp after going through all your off-roading videos on youtube .

Exactly my requirement too...Need an AWD for sure, but slightly confused between MT & AT (I hope AWD comes both in AT & MT)...Clutch failures in current XUV makes me think about AT, but not sure how effective AT would be in tricky situations where AWD is required to navigate.
Old 6th September 2017, 11:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Hexa is not doing too bad on the Survey, but the sales figures just dont do justice to the popularity. Shows that the common man still gives significant weightage to the OEM Brand and reputation first.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 11:53   #33
BHPian

The Jeep talks to the heart but the Value for money provided by Hexa at the price point speaks to the Mind. The Jeep and the EcoSport have simlar cabin space. The lines are really blurred at this time in the Mini SUV/Crossover segment.
RoS
Old 6th September 2017, 12:14   #34
BHPian

This is a tough one, and well-timed. The SUV segment is blurring faster than my college memories just now.

I own a V-Cross, and considered many of the cars on this list. It should have been here.
My take (around the Isuzu), as I can't comment in detail for the rest:

- don't buy it as a highway ride.
- don't buy it as a city driver.
- don't buy it for off roading.
- don't buy it for commuting.

Buy it, if you do a bit of all the above and aren't blessed with a stable full of cars.
It doesn't excel in a particular area, but does all of them pretty well.
VivOverland is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 12:19   #35
BHPian

Its Compass any day for me. If ever I need more real estate and have the budget it would be Endy then. Compass got the right power train, jaw dropping style, excellent build and a great price IMO. Now if you see the lower 2WD variants, I feel my S Cross 1.6 alpha is more sensible
Old 6th September 2017, 12:42   #36
Team-BHP Support

I have voted for other. I would go for the Safari Storme 4x4. I need an AWD/4WD and Storme 4x4 is a whole lot cheaper than the Compass AWD. The ride quality is one of the best, quite reliable and capable and will look good with a bit of modifications. A close second for me would be the Isuzu V-Cross followed by Duster AWD. These options are purely from the price point. I would have opted for the Compass if they had provided an AWD in the lower trim. Also over the years I have realised that it is better to keep two vehicles in the garage rather than going all out and buy a costly one. So even if I have the money to buy the Compass Limited 4x4 (O) variant, I will prefer buying a Storme/V-Cross and may be a Thar/Bolero 4WD.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 6th September 2017 at 12:43.
BlackPearl is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 13:37   #37
BHPian

I have voted for others. For that price range, I would have picked up Jetta if it were available. Now, I would pick up a regular Octavia (though would be tempted to go for RS).
Old 6th September 2017, 13:46   #38
BHPian

Jeep Compass vs the others

Coming from a Fiat Punto Evo, I would go for the Compass eyes closed given the kind of connect it has with the driver. The power is superb, the steering is full of feel without being heavy, the gearbox is surprisingly slick, has solid brakes,the ride is on the firmer side which aids to tight handling, looks the best in the segment IMO and is built like a tank. Lastly it's a jeep

If I require a 7 seater for highway runabouts I will pick up the Hexa which is a quite VFM offering in its own way.

Last edited by Waspune : 6th September 2017 at 13:51.
Old 6th September 2017, 13:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for Compass, yet somewhere back in the mind - I was thinking of fully loaded upcoming EcoSport with similar safety features (barring AWD) and that becomes another choice.

EcoSport is still a looker even after few years in service since it is not a "hatchback on steroids" rather it was a complete new offering with fresh out of the box thinking by Ford designers.

If I have money - Compass else EcoSport is very close for the value it offers !

Last edited by i74js : 6th September 2017 at 13:49.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Jeep for me if i have some extra money to plonk into a lifestyle product which is fun to drive on the "highways".

Hexa AT is clearly a class product with quality, space and equipment. The punch powertrain AT with the sports mode is truly fun to drive. The suspensions on the hexa will shame double the price suvs. If i need a practical car for the family which is best in the city as well as highways i would be ready to compromise on spirited performance. Not that hexa is bad, 0-100 comes in just 12.8 seconds.

I am discounting XUV totally due to the pathetic ride quality and bouncy rear. The engine is great though.

The HEXA AT with AWD is already under testing i this would be my choice clearly
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:18   #41
BHPian

Compass for me! It is definitely COTY material, and let us see how it fares in the long run! Should actually be the COTY across multiple forums. Hexa is a very good vehicle, but it is a different segment with a different target crowd in my opinion.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 6th September 2017 at 14:19.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:18   #42
BHPian

Hexa it is with my eyes closed & no second thoughts. Simply for the fact & on grounds of my ownership experiences of its two siblings (Safari Dicor & Aria). I feel it is worth its value, 7 seater, Comfort all other safety features & add-ons.
Honestly, I would prefer to buy a DICOR Again . With a refined engine from Storm/Aria or the Hexa.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 6th September 2017 at 14:30.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The Hexa is not doing too bad on the Survey, but the sales figures just dont do justice to the popularity. Shows that the common man still gives significant weightage to the OEM Brand and reputation first.
Ratio of votes for Compass:Hexa here is around 3:1, actual sales numbers are also 2-2.5k : 0.7-1.5k (approx 3:1). Which shows common man is also giving similar kind of weightage to the products as this forum. But, given the gradual change i notice about the perception of Tata among the people, i expect that things can only improve for Tata here onwards.
46TheDoctor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:53   #44
BHPian

I am pretty confused between the Hexa AT AWD (when it comes) and the Compass Diesel AT AWD. I have driven the Hexa AT and came out mighty impressed by its ride, car like handling, steering, AT, overall quality, features and the VFM positioning. I have not yet driven the Compass, but being a Fiat owner, I clearly understand the kind of man-machine-connection people are talking about. Until I drive the Compass, Hexa it is.

Not voting because it will be unfair to vote now since I have not driven the Compass yet.
Old 6th September 2017, 15:10   #45
BHPian

I voted for the Creta
More than the bling, it's the reliability of a product that paramount for me. Recently I saw the videos of Jeep Compass being offered in States and both the testers had mentioned that how sluggish the vehicle is. Here are the links to the videos -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks