Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which SUV would you choose?
MG Hector 36 7.78%
Hyundai Creta 13 2.81%
Kia Seltos 148 31.97%
Tata Harrier 95 20.52%
Jeep Compass 121 26.13%
Mahindra XUV500 22 4.75%
Other (please specify in your post) 28 6.05%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 18:09   #76
BHPian

Re: MG Hector vs the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Our usage will be short city runs, ZERO office commute and mostly Highway use (lot of trips into the mountains). I do tend to take my cars into the rough too quite a lot during my jungle and birding trips.

Please help me decide if it would be utterly foolish for my use case to pick the Hector CVT, coz the rest of the family loves it.
The best automatic amongst the automatics is the TC.
And CVT's are definitely a no-no for your adventurous trips.

And the other important factor is the platform itself. Harrier is built on a tougher omega arc land rover-derived platform which is meant for rough use. Hector on the other side is built more for comfort and suspension is well on the softer side.

Finally, Hector is not an MG after all. It's just a renamed Baojun 530 from SAIC. I see that as a "Tab on wheels".

PS - Please do note that neither Hector nor Harrier is a 4*4. And I don't know what kind of adventure do you do. If it involves a lot of off-roading, then a 4*4 makes sense. Your only 3 options below 30L are Thar, Isuzu D-max V Cross & Compass.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 23:44   #77
BHPian

Re: MG Hector vs the competition

I own 2021 Hector MT diesel. I have done two long trips to West and south India of approx 5000 km each. My experience has been fantastic as comfortable long distance cruiser vehicle. My family loves it and added benefit is very good service experience from local dealer. Since mine is diesel hence average mileage is 16-17 Kmpl.
My recommendation would be MG Hector.
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks