Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Rs. 30 lakh SUV would you choose?
Ford Endeavour 2.0 173 40.33%
Toyota Fortuner 118 27.51%
Mahindra Alturas G4 15 3.50%
Skoda Kodiaq 106 24.71%
Honda CR-V 4 0.93%
Other (please specify in your post) 13 3.03%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2021, 12:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0 vs the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
Pardon my ignorance but I understand that the Compass and Endeavour are AWD’s vs the Fortuner, which is a RWD with part time 4x4 capability.
You're right. Also, the Endeavour and Fortuner have a transfer case which allows them to go rock crawling and extreme off-roading with 4x4 LOW.

If you need space for 4 pax + a golden retriever, Endeavour/Fortuner is the way to go.
Old 13th February 2021, 12:29   #77
BHPian

Voted for the fortuner, The Endeavour 2.0 does not cut it for me really drove a friends 2.0 and its lacked power or i am too used to the 3.2 endeavour. Ford have seriously shot themselves in the foot with the 2.0 Endeavour and have lost more ground to Toyota who have seriously upped their game. 5000 Bookings for the New fortuner in Jan alone!

The reason I picked the 3.2 endeavour over the Fortuner in 2018 was because of the better ride, loved the engine ,its an absolute brute and with it remapped its like a torpedo!
felt the interiors were more better. When i drove the previous fortuner i thought i had climbed into the innova thats how similar the interiors were.

However 2-3 years down the road will trade The endeavour 3.2 for the Fortuner for sure
American cars just do not age that well
Old 14th February 2021, 01:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
American cars just do not age that well
Just curious, any specific reason behind the point - American cars do not age that well? I am a sedate driver and for planning Endeavour 2.0. I am aiming to keep it for at least 7-10 years. So is concerned about your statement!

Note from Support: Please do not quote entire posts. Quote only relevant sections. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:27. Reason: Quote trimmed. See note.
Old 14th February 2021, 10:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Just curious, any specific reason behind the point - American cars do not age that well? I am a sedate driver and for planning Endeavour 2.0. I am aiming to keep it for at least 7-10 years. So is concerned about your statement!
I had a Ford Fusion (2005 model) which was eventually bought by another TBhpian. Car is 15 years old now and I heard that car has aged very well and runs well without any issues. 7-10 years will be a cakewalk for Endeavour which is built to even higher standards.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 19:48   #80
BHPian

Did the TD of the new Ford Endeavor and the Toyota Fortuner this weekend.

The engine of the Fortuner esp. the 2021 version is 204 PS so no competition with the Endeavor. The gear shift is nicer in the Endeavor while the Fortuner has active traction control, unlike the Endeavor.

The interiors, even the facelifted one are not as good in the Fortuner but they have tried to improve over the older one.

The third row is nicer in the Fortuner and can incline properly.

The engine is definitely smoother in the Fortuner. I liked the paddle shift option in the fortuner, however, gear shifts are so much simpler in the Endeavor.

The Sales guys in both claim a fairly low servicing costs, so not much of a difference. The resale value in the fortuner is obviously unmatched.

There is some uncertainty in deliveries of the Fortuner, although they now claim all shifts are operational.
Old 15th February 2021, 08:45   #81
AMT
BHPian

Deciding between the Endeavour and the Fortuner. Test drove both over the weekend, same course for a decent distance.

The Fortuner is responsive from the word go. 0-40 I could feel the car wanting to rush. However, felt lull between 40 and 60 (maybe due to shift in gear). Endeavour on the other hand, felt like it was struggling initially but once you cross that 40 kmph mark, it was leagues ahead of the Fortuner. Maybe that's due to the gearbox and engine setup. Even on the steering, the Endy did much better, however, the Fortuners steering does feel better 20 kmph onwards.

Ride quality was better in the Endy, which did have its share of body roll. On the Fortuner, potholes and off road bumps were evident. Engine noise too was on the higher side despite the improved insulation.

The third row seating on the Fortuner is marginally better but the side folding seats in the Fortuner take away boot space for luggage.

While the interiors too are improved on the Fortuner, they seem a generation behind what's on offer on the Endy.

It feels like being back to the drawing board in terms of decision. On the one hand there's Toyota reliability and more powerful engine coupled with good resale (which isn't a priority) and on the other hand, the Endy with everything you'd want except the engine which seemed a little suppressed and the hit or miss after sales service.

Tough one personally...
AMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 21:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tough one personally...
Tell me about it

Both are great SUVs with respective pros and cons, as you've already listed above. You can't go wrong with either. Just go with the one that you feel more connected to, when in driver's seat!
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:45   #83
AMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Just go with the one that you feel more connected to, when in driver's seat!
Booked the Endy! It gets my vote now
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked the Endy! It gets my vote now
Good decision! Congratulations

Which color and what is the waiting period?
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:57   #85
AMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Good decision! Congratulations

Which color and what is the waiting period?
Thank you. Booked White - delivery between 15-22 March
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:09   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Booked White - delivery between 15-22 March
Great! All the best Although, I'd be surprised if you get it before April, since most dealers are quoting at least 6-8 weeks of waiting period.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:45   #87
BHPian

Congratulations. Have a great time with the Endeavor. Its a really nice vehicle.
Pseud is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks