Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2007, 17:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortfreak View Post
Then I tried driving it and it was quite horrible. I didn't expect something as smooth as a foreign SUV, but I didn't expect a 'truck' either. The stick had a long travel and hard to shift, clutch was hard to press and when released came back to normal position rather slowly instead of engaging instantly. Even after fully releasing the accelerator, if one pressed the clutch instantly the engine would revv too high. So one had to wait a wee bit between accelerator and clutch going both ways. Between that and the tough shifting it was a very tiring effort to drive it. I also noticed that while backing up it was very hard to turn the steering (pulling out of parking) as if power steering was off on reverse. The steering wheel is too large and even with power steering one has to really tuuuurrn to go where one wants to. You have to be a tall person with an active ourdoorsy life style.
Its sad that you did not like the vehicle.. Maybe you just got a pretty shookup TD vehicle.. These vehicles go throught a lot of rough uses.
Because..personally i have never felt any of the above mentioned things on My dicor.
But that is only my opinion.

Quote:
(strong arms and legs, unlike a software programmer trained to use only finger tips!!) to enjoy this machine.
Ahem!! .. I am 6"1 and i work in Oracle.. i am of medium build.. and i dont have a problem driving it.

Godfather
Old 27th May 2007, 17:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Even after fully releasing the accelerator, if one pressed the clutch instantly the engine would revv too high.
i noticed this too.pretty pronounced.i attributed it to my petrol vehicle gear upshifting habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather;
Maybe you just got a pretty shookup TD vehicle.. These vehicles go throught a lot of rough uses.
no tata test drive vehicles here goddy!
we get to rip brand new cars to be sold to unsuspecting/suspecting customers.i'm still horrified at the thought.
Old 27th May 2007, 23:33   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Ahem!! .. I am 6"1 and i work in Oracle.. i am of medium build.. and i dont have a problem driving it.
Godfather
Boss, 6"1 is tall, I'm just about 5"7. You must be one of those sturdy Oracle Operators :-)) . (its an old joke from another forum where a pseudo-commie commented on how indian software engineers are all just coolies for the US)

You could be right that the one I saw was a bad piece. It was an LX but with cladding painted same as body color... Anyway, I have to go by the TD and it wan't very good... :(

Are you in Fremont or Bangalore ? Do you know one guy called Mohan Gopalakrishnan, recently left to head a startup in Chennai...
Old 28th May 2007, 23:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you in Fremont or Bangalore ? Do you know one guy called Mohan Gopalakrishnan, recently left to head a startup in Chennai...
bangalore.. Nope.. I dont know that person.

Godfather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks