Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 15:21   #76
BHPian

Force Gurkha

I had never seen or heard of a force Gurkha before this thread. Now i am in love with this vehicle it really looks beastly.

I am sure i will never be able to own something like this as it would not suit my city/highway driving.
Old 12th August 2008, 18:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post
I had never seen or heard of a force Gurkha before this thread. Now i am in love with this vehicle it really looks beastly.

I am sure i will never be able to own something like this as it would not suit my city/highway driving.

Many are dreaming about this machine, its best as a 2nd vehicle....

But i think its good for hiway???
Old 12th August 2008, 18:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Many are dreaming about this machine, its best as a 2nd vehicle....

But i think its good for hiway???
I thought that and bought a Safari 3.0l Dicor. Sometimes creature comforts do matter and such big cars do not offer it unless in the higher segment .
Old 15th August 2008, 01:06   #79
BHPian

Uhm may i enquire about the condition /quality of the paint work.
also the condition of the electricals / gauges and switches.
the gurkha has one of the best drivetrains in the country but i am worried about all the other minor bits and pieces which can be a pain to live with if they dont function.
i am strongly considering it as a replacement for my 2wd scorpio.
however i will be selling the scorpio this year (will then be out of country for a year or so) and buy a new 4x4 next year once i return to india.
any word of advice would be appreciated.
I am more of a tourer who has been bitten by the off road bug and am looking for a good tourer that can handle well off road without leaving a dent in my bank balance (hehe)
Old 15th August 2008, 07:10   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
...however i will be selling the scorpio this year (will then be out of country for a year or so) and buy a new 4x4 next year once i return to india. any word of advice would be appreciated.....
OffRoadie, By then the automotive scene would have changed a lot in India. Maybe some new 4x4 would have entered and any way the good old used jeep/willys/Mahindra/Gypsys would be there if you ever wanted them :-)
Old 16th August 2008, 15:06   #81
BHPian

thank you khan saab.
the next year does seem to be very promising.
lets hope something good really comes up
Old 27th September 2008, 20:54   #82
BHPian

With so many few people owning Gurkha and with the dealers even not knowing that Gurkha is a force motors product how do you envisage the service issues and difficulties!!!
Old 11th October 2008, 22:13   #83

help

hey guys i have ordered my Gurkha will be getting it on the 10 or 11 November, I came accross a Gurkha video on youtube, they had changed the front grill and painted the bumper, Can anyone tell me where would i find that grill and other Gurkha accessories it would be very very helpful
Please help
thanks
Cheers!
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:56   #84
BHPian

Hi guys those interested in buying Gurkha here is company brouchere...
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a Force Gurkha!!-gurkhaspecs.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2008, 13:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

strange that the front axle is mentioned as "live, rigid". I thought it should be "live, ball-joint shafts" (not rigid).

Any inputs from current gen Gurkha owners ? Monster_BHP, oldmodel ?

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 22nd October 2008 at 14:00.
Old 20th November 2008, 13:30   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.P.S.Grewal View Post
hey guys i have ordered my Gurkha will be getting it on the 10 or 11 November, I came accross a Gurkha video on Youtube, they had changed the front grill and painted the bumper, Can anyone tell me where would i find that grill and other Gurkha accessories it would be very very helpful
Please help
thanks
Cheers!
Did you get the Gurkha?
Old 21st November 2008, 13:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
just watched this test drive by the company drivers on you tube - YouTube - India's Pride 4x4

Gurkha has got good capability of Off roading, just watch the above link and i hope u guys will believe it

Gurkha is made as per Indian Army requirementss...

Hi guys,

good to see a link regarding Force Motors (erstwhile Bajaj Tempo). My family were Bajaj dealers till 2002 and we sold a lot of travellers, trax and gurkhas.

There seems to be some confusion here , for example the vehicle in this video from Force motors is the Tempo Trax Judo . I know this because I own the same vehicle and have had it for the last 8 yrs. Even though my vehicle is not a 4x4 its capable to pull of the same manouvres seen in this video.

in the metros its difficult to get these vehicles serviced, living in delhi Ive faced that problem. The engines though old are technically fantastic ive clocked close to 1,80,000 on my trax with no major work done on the engine. regular service keeps these mean machines running very smooth. Force motor vehicles tend to eat the inside front tyres a bit.

After 8 long yrs in which my Judo has travelled all across North India with me ranging from Leh, Rajasthan, himachel , UP, Punjab; I have finally decided to move onto the Scorpio. Hopefully i should be taking delivery in a weeks time. More on that when that beauty arrives.

cheers.. drive safe..
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 23:25   #88
BHPian

Re: Buying a Force Gurkha!!

Why are the threads,I am interested in, 8 years old? will I get any response in these thread? What is the story with your gurkhas now? Any travelogueS, ownership reviews? Pictures?
Drpaul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks