Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 10:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

well - to be honest its not a chevy - its a subaru
Old 26th August 2008, 11:16   #32
BHPian

Happened to see a Chevy Forestor a 2005 model selling for 4.5lakhs . A friend of mine owns one and its one hell of a vehicle.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Happened to see a Chevy Forestor a 2005 model selling for 4.5lakhs . A friend of mine owns one and its one hell of a vehicle.
Do you know how much has it run?
Old 26th August 2008, 14:12   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I appreciate your point
I also love Station Wagons especially with slightly raised suspension and 4WD/AWD but somehow these types of vehicles simply dont seem to be able to stimulate the larger masses of normal indian consumers - cannot understand why not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Hi Shankar
I am not really looking for a used car with certain budget as such. I always admired Forester but did not consider buying it when it was on sale. Of course the new one was expensive as well.
I like the concept of a wagon (with all the car attributes) with slightly raised suspension and 4WD. I am not fan a of typical SUVs.

-Guna
Old 26th August 2008, 14:18   #35
BHPian

Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Too far away but a friend is just in the process of selling a Forestor in Delhi.
Could you pm me the contact details? I am looking to buy a used Forester in Delhi.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I also love Station Wagons especially with slightly raised suspension and 4WD/AWD but somehow these types of vehicles simply dont seem to be able to stimulate the larger masses of normal indian consumers - cannot understand why not!
That is true. For an average Indian a car has to be a three box saloon and station wagon version doesn't command the same prestige, eventhough it is more utilatarian. And I dont think the extra 50-60k the wagons cost has anything to do their poor acceptance in the market.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:29   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the misplaced sense of "prestige" / "having arrived"associated with the 3 box vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
That is true. For an average Indian a car has to be a three box saloon and station wagon version doesn't command the same prestige, eventhough it is more utilatarian. And I dont think the extra 50-60k the wagons cost has anything to do their poor acceptance in the market.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefls View Post
Could you pm me the contact details? I am looking to buy a used Forester in Delhi.
I had come across a 2004 Forester in Gurgaon which had done only 18k. Not to sure if it is still available
Old 26th August 2008, 15:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Too far away but a friend is just in the process of selling a Forestor in Delhi.
Can you please PM me the contact details? I am looking for a used Forester in Delhi.
Thanks.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji22 View Post
Welcome to the Forester club. Mine is due for 40,000 km service next month.
Will get it done at Kochi GM Motors. Does GM has Service centre for Forester in Coimbatore?
The GM service in Coimbatore does not have any parts in stock for the Forester.

BTW i have the Same color as yours - Core red.

PM me if you need any parts or any details.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:30   #41
BHPian

Guna - it Has run abt 20k approx
Old 26th August 2008, 16:57   #42
Team-BHP Support

Guna

Have you driven a Forester ever ? Are you actually taking to bad roads ? It seems as if the Forester is a romantic decision for you. Suggest you drive one and also introspect whether you can live with the high fuel consumption, car off road till parts arrive and the fact that when the time comes to sell, it might be difficult to sell on hence you might be stuck with it,

BTW - I think the Forester is a great car, I might have bought one if the RS never appeared!
Old 26th August 2008, 17:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
well - to be honest its not a chevy - its a subaru
I too am a little confused here. Are we talking about the subaru forester ?. I keep seeing a black subaru forester regularly on forum road in the mornings. Is this the same vehicle we are talking about?
Old 26th August 2008, 17:15   #44
BHPian

Subaru Forester was sold as Chevy Forester by GM-India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I too am a little confused here. Are we talking about the subaru forester ?. I keep seeing a black subaru forester regularly on forum road in the mornings. Is this the same vehicle we are talking about?
Old 26th August 2008, 17:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Guna

Have you driven a Forester ever ? Are you actually taking to bad roads ? It seems as if the Forester is a romantic decision for you. Suggest you drive one and also introspect whether you can live with the high fuel consumption, car off road till parts arrive and the fact that when the time comes to sell, it might be difficult to sell on hence you might be stuck with it,

BTW - I think the Forester is a great car, I might have bought one if the RS never appeared!
Hi Ajmat
I have not driven it extensively but have driven in short streaches whiles doing test drives.
Yes, I do come across bad roads as I keep driving to my native place in North Canara. 4WD is a handy thing on some of the non-tarmac roads there in rainy season. I would like to veture in to some forest trails there beacsue of my love for nature and hobby photography.
Of course I also agree that it is bit of a romantic decision becasue it is possible to manage without one also . It is one of those 'nice to have' things and not a 'must have' to survive.
I dont plan to use it so much a city car as it is not very drivable in the city besides it's poor fuel economy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks