Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 23:18   #31
BHPian

I have driven 4000 Kms with my innova and it is absolutely wonderful. Drove to chennai. As of now no problems that bother me. There are a few things that I would like to address though:

1) Drive it more than 120 km/hr I loose confidence.
2) brakes are a let down.
3) music system is superb.
4) very comfortable and spacious on the inside and airy cabin.
5) challenge to negotiate in city traffic.
6) Mild vibrating sound from below the passengers side dashboard.
7) Fuel efficiency is around 12 to 13 Km/ ltr.
8) very difficult in maintaining the beige interiors.
9) One man cleaning the car is very tiring. ( I prefer to wash my car).
10) Superb A/c.

Fixed Hiker front nudge guard, rear bumper and luggage carrier. 25k
3M sun film for the front wind screen. 7k
3M rust protection, 3.5k
3M Paint sealant and polish 5k.
Old 22nd September 2012, 00:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at picking up used low mileage petrol instead of diesel as The resale of petrol has nose dived and with my limited run in city with occasional 7-8 occupants it looks promising.
Old 22nd September 2012, 01:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help choose - Innova petrol or diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I am looking at picking up used low mileage petrol instead of diesel as The resale of petrol has nose dived and with my limited run in city with occasional 7-8 occupants it looks promising.
That is a good deal but just keep one thing in mind. Petrol will hit 150 within 1 / 1.5 years and just hope you can buy the fuel.
Old 22nd September 2012, 04:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ofcourse I will be adding a cng kit to it as its available just outside my place of stay and enroute. Minda used to supply Toyota so things should be fine with it.
Old 22nd September 2012, 07:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
There are a few things that I would like to address though:
That is inviting trouble, today.
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr
Aren't sun film usage banned, during my recent drive from Delhi to Kerala and back i found at numerous places the cops getting the vehicle owners to scrap out the sun film, the cops are even carrying meters to check the density as at one place he used it on my vehicles windscreen which had a factory fitted tinted glass and no film to scrap out, after the check i even asked the cop what if his meter did say the tint on my windscreen was higher than permitted, he said the vehicle would have to be impounded in that case and handed over to the authorised service center, the saving grace for the customer being that he would not be penalised, i had this experience in Maharashtra, don't remember the exact location though.
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice that on the thread that is supposed to be comparing Diesel and Petrol Innova not a single post can justify going for the Petrol one. Still its not discontinued by Toyota, amazing.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:02   #38
BHPian

The 2 Litre petrol mill will not give a good FE. Although you may find a used Petrol Innova for throwaway rates now, selling it after a couple of years will be impossible.

Go for Petrol Innova only if you are too cash strapped to go for a Diesel one, which is actually an investment.
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Did anyone notice that on the thread that is supposed to be comparing Diesel and Petrol Innova not a single post can justify going for the Petrol one. Still its not discontinued by Toyota, amazing.
When this thread was started in 2005, the price difference was only about 15 rupees between petrol and diesel but now the same fuels have a difference of close to 35 rupees. Petrol costs 70% more than diesel, that is why it makes more sense to buy diesels, unless the petrol motor is converted to CNG/LPG
Old 23rd September 2012, 09:02   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Well to be honest I have no idea why anyone would opt for a Petrol Innova. Petrol cars are bought only when your running is around 500 kms a month with the current pricing fiasco going on. And for that kind of a running buying an Innova would be a stuipid decision according to me. One does not buy a MUV for his daily run to the office and back. For that a premuim hatch, a well enabled C segment Sedan or a pampered C+/D segment sedan would be much more suitable. The USP of Innova is its ability to gobble up miles and seat 7 people in comfort. And hence almost everyone looking to buy an Innova wants it for those outstation runs where they can carry there whole family. And diesel becomes the automatic choice in that case.

Infact it would be rather interesting to find from Toyota the sales figures of the Petrol Innova.
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

If you read my post, I have expressed similar views as of yours.
I was only amazed by the fact that Toyota is still persisting with it for the reasons best known to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
When this thread was started in 2005, the price difference was only about 15 rupees...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well to be honest I have no idea why anyone would opt for a Petrol Innova.
Old 8th January 2014, 20:51   #42
Team-BHP Support

Reviving an Old Thread ..

So I feel too cramped in rear seat of my 5 Series and don't have moolah to upgrade to 7 & I don't want to pay 10 Lac plus to Government for Road Taxes after all kind of Taxes on income ..

I am getting a Brand new 2012 December Petrol VX seven Seater at 12 Lac Ex showroom , Gurgaon . I used to have 2 Diesels one's before but noise after 100 Kmph was a major irritant , can someone who owns or has experience with Petrol Innova share more on this , does it also feels short of One gear like Diesel ? And is the price competitive , I wont care much for running expenses .

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th January 2014 at 20:54.
Old 8th January 2014, 21:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Reviving an Old Thread ..

So I feel too cramped in rear seat of my 5 Series and don't have moolah to upgrade to 7 & I don't want to pay 10 Lac plus to Government for Road Taxes after all kind of Taxes on income ..

I am getting a Brand new 2012 December Petrol VX seven Seater at 12 Lac Ex showroom , Gurgaon . I used to have 2 Diesels one's before but noise after 100 Kmph was a major irritant , can someone who owns or has experience with Petrol Innova share more on this , does it also feels short of One gear like Diesel ? And is the price competitive , I wont care much for running expenses .
Yes it seems lucrative - just double check on the tyres and other exposed rubber parts. the on road will take you close to 15 lacs OTR. even if you endup changing tyres and rubber, it would still be lesser than a 5 series on road. if they are offering warranty starting the day you buy it, go for the deal with eyes closed.

one downside is degrading from a premium BMW brand to a mass market Toyota brand. BMW sedan gives an aristocratic look compared to a "hired cab" look of Innova when you pull into a three star hotel.
Old 8th January 2014, 21:27   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
just double check on the tyres and other exposed rubber partsthe on road will take you close to 15 lacs OTR.
Yes , I surely will check tyres & Brake Pads / Rotors , Taxes here are like 6 % + Insurance of about 50 K so It should be more like 13,5

Quote:
even if you endup changing tyres and rubber, it would still be lesser than a 5 series on road
No ,, I already have a 5series and probably will not sell this , I had planned to upgrade to 7 or S class but with prices & taxes it does not seem VFM , specially when I compare to overseas where I spend close to 6 Months in a Year .. Not worried for Brand or like besides I do have an X6 to flaunt in case ..
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 12:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes , I surely will check tyres & Brake Pads / Rotors , Taxes here are like 6 % + Insurance of about 50 K so It should be more like 13,5

No ,, I already have a 5series and probably will not sell this , I had planned to upgrade to 7 or S class but with prices & taxes it does not seem VFM , specially when I compare to overseas where I spend close to 6 Months in a Year .. Not worried for Brand or like besides I do have an X6 to flaunt in case ..
Hey Turbanator - if you have an X6 why would you need an Innova? you could use the X6 wherever you plan to take the innova.

if it is to transport 7, I guess you would be better off hiring an Innova.

I am trying to understand your requirement, as I could not guess how you would use an innova when you have a 5 series and X6

Last edited by scopriobharath : 9th January 2014 at 12:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks