Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:09   #61
BHPian

re: Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBlue View Post
Marekish Brown would look awesome on the X1.

i guess it does but i am wary since i have had a black car and dirt simply tends to stand out on the car.making it a pain

the first thing i noticed on the markkesh brown shown to me parked on a dusty terrace was the layers of dust easily visible
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:49   #62
BHPian

Performance edition, it is !

Hi abishek, long time. well as RSblue mentioned the so called 'Performance Edition' is pretty neat with a touch of CF. Looks great in flesh;its got 17" M alloy, bootlid & front lip spoiler, RVM, Black Kidney Grill & sports exhaust tip.
There isn't any "performance" upgrade as the name suggests as it still runs on the 320d mill.
Attached Thumbnails
Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Toyota Fortuner-img_0552.jpg  

Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Toyota Fortuner-img_05541.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2011, 11:41   #63
BHPian

Thank you Tushar, for the pic. must be the same kit below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2244123

Last edited by abishek2222 : 23rd February 2011 at 11:51.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the CF touch here and there, especially the super elegant and minimalistic spoiler. I can't think of any other colour, though, that it would look good in or even be noticed (other than the white). One thing's for sure, those are the worst rims I have ever seen on any 3-series, and a single reason why not go to in for this kit thingy. Unless they're willing to drop the rims and also the price by a significant margin.
Old 23rd February 2011, 22:12   #65
BHPian

Re: Performance edition, it is !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
Hi abishek, long time. well as RSblue mentioned the so called 'Performance Edition' is pretty neat with a touch of CF. Looks great in flesh;its got 17" M alloy, bootlid & front lip spoiler, RVM, Black Kidney Grill & sports exhaust tip.
There isn't any "performance" upgrade as the name suggests as it still runs on the 320d mill.
It costs around 2Lakhs over the current model. BTW, Thushar which dealership is that? I see that BMW Motorcycle Thingie. Is it there just for display?
Old 24th February 2011, 14:11   #66
BHPian

Sorry for going OT .
@RSblue: Thats a Motorrad HP2 at Navnit Motors(mumbai) and Its up for sale. BMW Motorrad division has finally arrived and only 2 dealers (Deutsche Motoren, delhi and Navnit motors,mumbai) are taking orders at the moment. 22L ex-showroom mumbai.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:49   #67
BHPian

Re: Dilemma : BMW X1 versus Godzilla Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Well spent time to get my sierra 's wheel alignment done
got a quote for 225/50/R17 X1 tubeless tire's in case of replacing the run flat to a tubeless.

from
Bridgestone 12,000 odd /per tyre
Yokohama 9,000 odd /per tyre
Available on order.

thought of posting it here in case of any one doing research on the car, may help them.
oh god cost of ownership seems to be sky rocketing.
Abishek, did you get a closure on this? I mean what is the net cost of replacing with tubeless? And is space saver available?
And your delivery was supposed to be in April?

Our delivery is close, hence wanted to know.

Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 14:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
Abishek, did you get a closure on this? I mean what is the net cost of replacing with tubeless? And is space saver available?

Thanks

No closure as yet

Kun bmw at madras is adamant that suspension warranty would be void and not be covered under BSI.once i change to tubeless

As for the car no was supposed to get it on may 1st week,2 days before delivery after going to the extent of saying my car was at the factory delivery truck trailer these hopeless people then said that the car would be available only after june 1st week.
Old 14th May 2011, 15:35   #69
BHPian

Quote:
No closure as yet

Kun bmw at madras is adamant that suspension warranty would be void and not be covered under BSI.once i change to tubeless

As for the car no was supposed to get it on may 1st week,2 days before delivery after going to the extent of saying my car was at the factory delivery truck trailer these hopeless people then said that the car would be available only after june 1st week.
Thanks for the update.

I gathered from around here that BSI is a must, so I guess we have to stick with runflats. Anyway, lets see what the Bangalore dealer says on this.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Thanks for the update.

I gathered from around here that BSI is a must, so I guess we have to stick with runflats. Anyway, lets see what the Bangalore dealer says on this.

& they are quoting 30,000 for 3m sun control film! why? supposedly they have to remove the door panels and refix them which requires programming the on board computer to reset any error codes
Old 14th May 2011, 19:51   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I mean what is the net cost of replacing with tubeless

Hi Folks

I really don't understand whats is the fuss on RFT's about , after driving close more than 100 T Km almost all across country in different BMW's I never had any problems except for my low profiles - 21 Inch on X6 which is more because of profile . I am not very sure what advantages one is going to have by changing to regular except for a small increase in comfort but whats the harm in running car on RFT's at least till these last , you can get these repaired as like regulars with an added advantage to be able to drive to a distance even when puncture and with BMW secure insurance you can claim upto 4 Tires every Year without losing NCB on basic Insurance ( Though you will have to remove punctures before making a claim as they will else reject the claim citing repair !)

Quote:
I gathered from around here that BSI is a must, so I guess we have to stick with runflats.
BSI - is a maintenance package available as an option and is not mandatory but is one one the major reasons of success of BMW , you don't have to worry on any nasty bills as most of the things are covered - buy the cheapest one at time of delivery or any time before service ( around 10 000 KM or 6 Months - by that time one is better financially as well)

Quote:
they are quoting 30,000 for 3m sun control film! why?
Please get this installed from outside , no need to open anything - just don't get this installed on rear glass , if removed this may damage defogger .

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2011 at 13:11. Reason: Correcting NOC to NCB, presuming that's what you meant
Old 14th May 2011, 23:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kun bmw at madras is adamant that suspension warranty would be void and not be covered under BSI.once i change to tubeless.
Rubbish. Stick to the same size and profile and don't give them a chance to crib about anything. I can understand if they have issues with an upsize or something of that sort.
Old 16th May 2011, 21:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Hi Folks

I really don't understand whats is the fuss on RFT's about , after driving close more than 100 T Km almost all across country in different BMW's I never had any problems except for my low profiles - 21 Inch on X6 which is more because of profile . I am not very sure what advantages one is going to have by changing to regular except for a small increase in comfort but whats the harm in running car on RFT's at least till these last , you can get these repaired as like regulars with an added advantage to be able to drive to a distance even when puncture and with BMW secure insurance you can claim upto 4 Tires every Year without losing NOC on basic Insurance ( Though you will have to remove punctures before making a claim as they will else reject the claim citing repair !)
Thanks for the feedback. To me it seems to be a terrible waste to throw away the tire after a puncture. My wife would be using the car and she is sold on runflats, so the question may be academic for now.

What is your experience with runflats? e.g. can it be repaired at a regular shop? Does such a repair last or does the tire still needs to be changed?

We won't be taking the Secure Insurance, most likely an insurance with 0% depreciation cover. Cost wise we can probably replace five tires with cost difference of 0% vs BMW Secure.

Quote:
BSI - is a maintenance package available as an option and is not mandatory but is one one the major reasons of success of BMW , you don't have to worry on any nasty bills as most of the things are covered - buy the cheapest one at time of delivery or any time before service ( around 10 000 KM or 6 Months - by that time one is better financially as well)
Yes, will be taking BSI, probably 60k/5yr. 60k is max we would run it in 5 years.

Are there any maintainece items not covered by BSI? Any catches?
Old 17th May 2011, 14:00   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My wife would be using the car and she is sold on runflats
nice to know - at-least someone appreciates this..

Quote:
can it be repaired at a regular shop?
Yes anyone who repairs regular tubeless tires and at same rates - here its about Rs 50 , you even need not open the tire or you can buy the repair kit and repair on your own - this should be good till the tire lasts pretty much the same as with other tubeless in fact none of the puncture repair guys will notice the difference

Quote:
What is your experience with runflats?
Excellent - absolutely recommended - I have traveled more than 100 km with a busted tire - side wall had cracked as i bumped in kind of crater , the front one was gone there itself and the rear one has a bulge from the impact but i am still running ( almost 5 K already )

Quote:
Secure Insurance
Shall recommend you irrespective of the costs - you are saved on lots of hassles - BTW how much is cost of One Tire of X1 - did you checked - mine on X6 were about 45 K , and what is the difference in Zero % and Secure - can you let me know .

Quote:
BSI - catch
, noting till date - exclusion will be general wear & tear items like tires but surprisingly few other items are included like Battery , Wipers ,Brake Pads etc ..so pretty much everything - in my last 3 purchases - twice this was the only reason I bought BMW - I know what is going to be maximum expense per KM but for other luxury cars you never know what is in store - One recent example - cooling in my X6 was dropped so these guys do some checks and put AC gas without charging a penny whereas last year my friend had to pay about 30 K to get this filled in Q7 ..

Go ahead you won't repent for this ...
Old 18th May 2011, 01:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Shall recommend you irrespective of the costs - you are saved on lots of hassles - BTW how much is cost of One Tire of X1 - did you checked - mine on X6 were about 45 K , and what is the difference in Zero % and Secure - can you let me know .
Thanks for you inputs, very helpful.

I think X1 tyre was around 20k. Don't remember exactly since this was a couple of months back.

I checked with TATA AIG for 0%. They know about the BMW Secure Insurance plan and offer a plan at 54k (vs 144k from BMW) which covers everything what BMW covers expect for tyres. For tyres, he said you can buy 4 tyres with the upfront cost difference. Now they say everthing else is same as BMW's cover, but I can only tell if I see detail terms and conditions of each and compare.

The normal TATA AIG plan was at 49k. So only 4k extra for 0% cover.

But here's what I am wondering now: If runflats are as trouble free as you have experienced, then why would I need to buy BMW Secure? I might as well get them fixed as tubeless and maybe end up replacing max one or two per year in case the tyre is really busted. That would still be saving over the 90k difference between TATA and BMW's covers.
DukeSan27 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks