Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2006, 18:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nice gathering (cant call it a "meet" with so few) which developed into an interesting evening. Thank you Zak, JK and Max for agreeing to the rather demanding timelines - especially JK who travelled all the way from TVM just for this!!!

As somebody said, Zak's got a very expensive Alto but I got to know the reason for all that Jazz. Maxx's Siena kept up with our RD on the way to Vypin, during which the shocks bottomed out a few times thanks to our combined weight (veyron + me).

After we split up we got veyron to rip the RD on the Wellington Island straights, and he apparently had a whale of a time while we watched from the Safari following him. Even the rain failed to dampen his enthusiasm - pulled him to the side when it started raining and asked him if he wanted to stop "What for?" was the straightforward answer before he continued on two wheels....

veyron should be back home this evening to pick up his errant Yezdi. Thanks once again guys - I'm off tomorrow and v1p3r and the Dicor are on their way to SAG in Bangalore.
Old 3rd September 2006, 19:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
"Safari is better or ACE?" C'mon guyz, "They're all TATA" The topic is hot.
Hmmm not really, because the debate was over whether the Ace was liquid cooled or plain air-cooled. Found out on the Ferry when someone confirmed with the driver of the overloaded (and HOW!) Ace that it was indeed water-cooled. That thing was carrying at least 3 tonnes.
Old 3rd September 2006, 23:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Nice gathering (cant call it a "meet" with so few) which developed into an interesting evening. Thank you Zak, JK and Max for agreeing to the rather demanding timelines - especially JK who travelled all the way from TVM just for this!!!
Yeah kudos to Mr.JKDas for being a sort of cordinator , any way I am glad to be a part of the meet ....hoping for a better one soon..may be once every month ?
Old 4th September 2006, 10:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all who made it for the meet. Special thanks to Zak for the room at Whyte Fort (and the excellent food, oh and excellent Mocktails).

Accent Crdi is great car but never thought a Sienne 1.7Turbo could be driven like a petrol car. I was impressed by Max's driving and how solid the Seinna felt! emm, gotta respect diesels now.

We ( me and Pyrocrypt,who came by train frm Tvm with me on one day's notice!) had the opportunity to check out the Honda City of Zuhemi! 15 X 2 subs! 4 amps! 4 caps, DVD HU, compos, those red guage 8 things LBM would love to get hold of, scosche thingies,phew! It was great sounding, but those 15eens where damn boom booming.

On our way to the meet point, we came across an open top contessa( red one!) with 8 people in it! funny.

Should haev seen how v1p3r, veyronand Steer came to the meet point. Missed a video cam then,and people who where there may haev thought that they (safari and RD ) would need more road to stop and plunge into the lake.

Anyway, as Steer said, veyron sure had fun with RD. grr! We returned to hotel room had more food @ Zak's expense

I got to drive Zak's v1p3r/veyron tuned knautomech Alto till Karunagapally the next day with Zak, Pyro enjoying Kill Bill on teh DVD at the rear seats.

I donno if I could make/plan for anotehr meet this month or next as I may move to Bangy. Anyway, I am in if its on a weekend provided I get time to catch a bus. I guess a better meet by Dec should be a better idea and will plan one by Nov.
Old 4th September 2006, 16:27   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I donno if I could make/plan for anotehr meet this month or next as I may move to Bangy. Anyway, I am in if its on a weekend provided I get time to catch a bus. I guess a better meet by Dec should be a better idea and will plan one by Nov.
Kudos!!! Keep it coming!
We'll pick you up from Bangalore and let you drive my car! So what say?
Old 5th September 2006, 22:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Phew. Back in Mumbai. It's been just an hour or so, and here I am, browsing this....

Zak, getting the Safari into the ferry was no sweat. I was driving/parking it, remember...?

That Alto sure was sweet. And hey, I didn't know it was a "wheelspin contest". I would've tried to smoke the tyres in third too...

Meeting Steeroid Chettan was a blast. The best thing that's happened in a long time. And crazy, crazy, v1p3r....And ooooh...that RD...she talked to me with her heart and soul....And Steeroid sir was having equal doses of fun in the Dicor, breathing down my neck at 140 kays...and yeah, Chinoy's kit DOES work beautifully...

The meet was fun. What we lacked in quantity, we made up with quality. Das's crazy stories, Zak's obsession with Nokias, and a few more quirks here and there....especially that scream from the hotel....

Nice one. We should do this again sometime...

EDIT: I almost forgot this....Early morning next day, Steeroid bhai got to meet the senior-most bhpian around....Veyron2...

Last edited by veyron1 : 5th September 2006 at 23:02.
Old 5th September 2006, 23:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ok, looks like my previous post did a disappearing act, so I will retype...

Thanks guys, for the lovely meet. The venues were both excellent, and it was great fun throughout. What stood out was the spirit, what with JK coming all the way just for the meet! Thanks JK, and now that you're coming down here, I guess you will become a regular!

Zak, very nice car. Great choice on the rims too, and good call on keeping the bumper black. Now all you need is an engine swap or a turbo!
Old 6th September 2006, 11:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

I now know what the old man meant when he wrote "So Many Friends, So Little Time". Thanks for coming home, veyron1 & v1p3r. It was a pleasure meeting veyron2 - we should have more time the next time around, sir.

zak - thanks for the help.

veyron1 - you werent pushing the RD, else I wouldnt have been able to stay on your tail. On the other hand, I like the respect you give to vehicles that dont belong to you....
Old 6th September 2006, 12:23   #69
Senior - BHPian

Like I said, we were getting acquainted, the RD & me....didn't wanna make a bad impression the first time around. I respect ALL vehicles, sir....irrespective of make and ownership....

The next time, I'm bringing my wheels too. And next time, the Kerala boys should gather at least 20-30 sets of wheels....we wanna show what God's own country is all about now, don't we....
Old 6th September 2006, 13:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

All veyron1 remember is that RD and that scream.

Lets have a meaty meet by Dec. I guess sometime after by 3-4th week of dec so that more mallus would be here.
Old 6th September 2006, 17:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

A new year's meet, eh...not bad...more screams, RD's and cars...I'm sure zak will get another 18" sub and a monoblock by then.

Anybody got an SBK..? Only thing I've yet to ride...
Old 6th September 2006, 17:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
A new year's meet, eh...not bad...more screams, RD's and cars...I'm sure zak will get another 18" sub and a monoblock by then.

Anybody got an SBK..? Only thing I've yet to ride...
yah, maybe zubin can join with his gixxer

@artofzen; no i guess. has a back up 400cc something at cochin (says his cousin HK)

Last edited by jkdas : 6th September 2006 at 17:35.
Old 6th September 2006, 17:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
yah, maybe zubin can join with his gixxer

I thought he sold it.
Old 6th September 2006, 17:52   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
Nice thing! If you can gift them to me, I'm all ears!!!

New year's meet will be a blast man!!! And we have plenty of time to plan and make this rock! (What about hiring the island??????)
Old 6th September 2006, 18:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen
I thought he sold it.
Nope he hasen't....i guess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks