Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2006, 15:21   #31
BHPian

ok my profile tells u that iam a minor ok but that does make any country deny me a visa quoting the indian passport website "It is mandatory to have a separate passport for minors including infants. A number of foreign embassies/consulates are refusing to grant visas if minor’s name is included in the parents’ passport.".only in the above condition can i be denied a visa.by the way this not a joke section i had the money for shanghai(i invest my pocket money in mutual funds) but brazil was turning out to be expensive so i started this thread in the first place .it is another matter that the tickets have been sold out already. so the trip has ben canceled and morever now it does not seem feasible tahts why i requested the moderator to change the the thread name to the f1 meet thread.i vote for kl ; it would be in the beginning of the season and would not burn a hole in my pockets.iraghava going in the right direction i hope there would be finally a team bhp f1 meet as speedzak said.
Old 10th October 2006, 16:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright revvedup. More power to you. Nice to see a young guy with so much passion and drive and the sense to invest his pocket money. Maybe we can all go to KL next year.
Old 10th October 2006, 16:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Alright revvedup. More power to you. Nice to see a young guy with so much passion and drive and the sense to invest his pocket money.
I heartily second what Sam has just said but a humble request from my side.....can you please start sentences with Caps and use proper punctuation ???
Old 10th October 2006, 17:06   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
KL would be the cheapest option....forget about Dubai & Shanghai...and as a destination, Malaysia would be the best
I think Dubai will be cheaper too. Especially if flight tickets are booked via Sharjah etc.. But as the flavour of the moment I'll join for KL too. It would be defenitely more fun there. Especially the food, nightlife etc is more colourful in Malaysia!!

Let's just wait for iRaghava's report for further proceedings. And guys, inform your friends and fellow BHPians who'll be able to make it for this trip.

Sam, there seems to be some change happening in you man!!! Growing up???

Mods, please change the title of this thread to an appropriate one.
Old 26th October 2006, 10:36   #35
BANNED

Ok. Did some fare findings.

I've found the return fares to Malaysia hovering around 12k to 15k.
I'm sure the ticket fares wont be very expensive if we do the bookings earlier as possible.

I'm searching for accommodation packages. Even a 2star accommodation will do, ain't it?
Old 26th October 2006, 13:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Ok. Did some fare findings.

I've found the return fares to Malaysia hovering around 12k to 15k.
I'm sure the ticket fares wont be very expensive if we do the bookings earlier as possible.

I'm searching for accommodation packages. Even a 2star accommodation will do, ain't it?
Search for F1 packages - those work out cheaper and include flights, airport transfers, accomodation and transfer to Sepang (which is further away from the airport - the airport is 78 kms from the city centre).

If you try to book the components separately it will work out to be costlier than an F1 Package tour.
Old 26th October 2006, 16:48   #37
BANNED

Cox&kings have an F1 malaysia package for +/- 30k. I dunno if that's cheaper or the individual option ie thru a local agent.

Maybe some senior travelling gurus can help us out here.

MODS, I think this thread needs a more appropriate title.
Old 26th October 2006, 17:36   #38
BHPian

I was wondering why this thread had not witnessed any activity sice a very long time.I checked the prices of the race tickets they are priced in the region of $160-$500 depending upon the grandstand priority (diamond,topazetc.) you want. .iraghava no response as of yet why?
Mods again please change the title of this thread.
Old 27th October 2006, 02:15   #39
elf
BANNED

I may be interested for Dubai / KL next year, though shall only be able to confirm closer to date.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th October 2006 at 02:36.
Old 27th October 2006, 13:01   #40
BANNED

Guys! Spoke to some agents here. The F1 packages are hovering around 30k plus.
This normally includes return airfare, accommodation, transfers, F1 grandstand tickets for 2days.

Now, some experts please help out here. Is this fare ok? Or is it possible to find more cheaper fares?

Where's Sam? Rags? & others who travel a lot?
Old 2nd December 2006, 21:17   #41
BHPian

I suppose we had planned to go to kl and this is thread about the same.What happened has everyone run out of ideas.Now not even the mods are noticing it and despite our requests the title of the thread reamins the same.Where have the f1 enthusiasts gone.
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:13   #42
BANNED

Guys are still sorting out everything needed for the meet it seems.

Revvedup! Did you get any rates?

It'll work out, I hope. Don't despair, will soon have some updates to put up here.
Old 3rd December 2006, 00:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

if it dubai and in my budget.. count me in.. 99% pucca
Old 3rd December 2006, 09:14   #44
Team-BHP Support

title changed - Speedzak - you asked for this so pls kick off!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks