Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 15:09   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Bangalore & Hyderabad Mega Meet, September 2016

Wow, I am sure it holds the record of largest attendance for a tbhp meet up.

I use this highway often and is my favourite Highway traveling out of Bangalore (partly helped by the fact I live in Bangalore North). While the smooth road and sparse traffic are very tempting, it is unsafe to do above-moderate speeds due to unexpected crossing by animals/local vehicles.

Given the success of this meet up, I am sure there will be more such drives in the future. Better to have short day-trips or long overnight-stay trips from a safety point of view. My experience has been that we are most vulnerable when we are under "ETA" pressure.
Old 13th September 2016, 22:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Folks, it was great meeting with all of you. Thanks to MotoringLover and his driving skills, we were the last to start from Bangalore and the first to reach the destination.

It was great meeting Bangalore folks, some of whom I've been interacting or following for years, like Sandeepmohan, Santosh Bhat, Karthik,etc, and mods like Rudra, Ajmat and Viddy. It was also nice catching up with Hyd folks and our Bangalore friend from the previous drive meet, Mr RSudarshan. We missed Silverwood though, and most of us felt that the food was much better during our last meet at Kurnool in March 2013.

Nevertheless, it was perhaps the biggest turnover at a meet that I've attended so far. And there was no better way to spend a weekend at Bangalore.
Old 14th September 2016, 12:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

If anybody interested in a over-nighter, here you go. Limited seats available, register soon,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...r-16-18-a.html
Old 14th September 2016, 16:24   #34
BHPian

Some of the earlier posters mentioned a truck in our lane. Here is the video of that.

Cheers
Old 14th September 2016, 16:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Some of the earlier posters mentioned a truck in our lane. Here is the video of that.

Cheers

Hi Mohan,
Exactly what I had mentioned. I was on the right side/fast lane and got startled when I saw pair of headlights pointing at me.
Do you always drive in the left side when it is dark or was it just a coincidence ?
Old 14th September 2016, 17:42   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Do you always drive in the left side when it is dark or was it just a coincidence
Tilt and Procj, I have noticed was driving on left lane most of the time. This is how one should be driving, using right lane only to overtake.

Personally, I too prefer driving on left lane since I feel I get more response time when someone darts from right through the median or via left since I can see them through the road shoulder.
Old 14th September 2016, 19:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
That was very dangerous. I just dont get it, why would someone drive on the wrong side and in the opposite fast lane. Glad you got out of harms way.

Thanks for the picture you shared earlier.

Best

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th September 2016 at 08:33. Reason: Please avoid quoting videos, images and emoticons. Post becomes quite unreadable. Thanks!
Old 14th September 2016, 20:19   #38
BHPian

So scary. This is also a problem with tractors early in the mornings before sunrise on highways passing through villages. Thank god, no harm.
Old 15th September 2016, 08:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Excellent meet. Got to meet many BHPians and put a face to the handle.
Thanks for sharing the picture of Welcome note at the entrance of the hotel. I had told the manager to put it up

I never saw it at all..LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Still trying explain to others why one drives a 750 km round trip for lunch
Ajit, don't we do so many things that's hard for non-tbhp folks to fathom?

Hope the "Cute Fella" is helping you in these explanations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Mobike, who was on the versys?
Bangalore BHP'ians when they stopped for lunch at Kamat Upchar, they spotted some riders having their breakfast in same place. They were not part of our drive group

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks, it was great meeting with all of you. Thanks to MotoringLover and his driving skills, we were the last to start from Bangalore and the first to reach the destination..
And, the V6 3.5 Litre Superb with 240 BHP could not keep up with a teeny weeny Aspire over a 50+ kms stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Yes. I think this is the largest meet ever on Team-BHP

Coming to truck coming in opposite direction in the fast lane. It is not suprising as I have seen it many times. This is normally due to either these truckers coming from villages and get on highway and take a short-cut till they find a gap in median to go over to the correct side OR there is a diversion. If none of that, then he is just drunk

Either ways, I always drive in middle or left most lane so our limited reflexes can be used towards any untoward incident. Besides, anything can happen on Indian highways, so nothing really is "Surprising"

Finally, Thanks for all your appreciation and it was a pleasure to organize this one. And, I look forward to the next "Hyderabad-Bangalore" meet soon.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
why would someone drive on the wrong side and in the opposite fast lane. Glad you got out of harms way.
At least, The trucker is following one rule - "Keep Left"

Last edited by FORTified : 15th September 2016 at 09:50. Reason: A little more info
Old 15th September 2016, 10:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes. I think this is the largest meet ever on Team-BHP

Nope.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4020888

WB takes top spot for sheer numbers

Cheers

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 15th September 2016 at 10:45.
Old 15th September 2016, 14:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hi Mohan,
Exactly what I had mentioned. I was on the right side/fast lane and got startled when I saw pair of headlights pointing at me.
Do you always drive in the left side when it is dark or was it just a coincidence ?
Day or night, on three-laned roads I stick to the inside two lanes, and on two-laned stretches I stick to the inside lane, unless I am overtaking.

However, there have been times when even the overtaking manoeuvre is performed in the inside lanes because someone is hell-bent on driving only in the outside lane even when there is miles of room all around them.

When approaching a Left curve ahead, I move over to the outside lane so that I have earlier and longer visibility through the corner and so can be aware earlier of any obstacles and take evasive action. By the same token, when approaching a Right curve, I move over to the Left lane.

Cheers
Old 16th September 2016, 05:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Finally, Thanks for all your appreciation and it was a pleasure to organize this one. And, I look forward to the next "Hyderabad-Bangalore" meet soon.
Hey good to see you back. Looks like you guys had an awesome meet. I was driving too on Sept 4 to Vizag from Bangalore and returning on Sept 12. Crossed Food Pyramid around lunch time I think. Would have tried to align for the meet if I had kept an eye for the meet thread. Maybe for the next one.

MaSh

Last edited by mashmash : 16th September 2016 at 05:55.
Old 16th September 2016, 06:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
It was a wonderful meet superbly organised by the respective captains : mobike008 and RSUDARSANAN. Enjoyed the drive and the company of so many like minded BHPians who I was meeting for first time despite having interacted on the forum multiple times. It was nice to have a banquet hall all to ourselves which gave us the opportunity to mingle with almost everybody attending the meet. The roll call style intro session was a great idea and as mobike008 said we had a lot of fun pulling each other's legs.

. A dog decided to dart at right angles to the road just in front of my car. I had the choice of swerving or braking hard and at the last moment decided not to brake as I had cars following me. But I was unable to avoid the hit and the X3 e)!

What happened to the poor dog?
I get very upset when this kind of thing happens...
Old 16th September 2016, 10:22   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
What happened to the poor dog?
I get very upset when this kind of thing happens...
It is indeed upsetting when such accidents happen. I honestly don't know what happened to the dog :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks