Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2006, 18:25   #16
Team-BHP Support

No Hotel, staying at a private residence. The Chennai D-BHPian has my number and travel details. He is coordinating the meet.
Old 29th November 2006, 18:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Somewhere nice for a drink and then Dinner. Leather Bar ?
Looks like we should take your advice next time. Nitrous took us to Geoffrey's. 400 bucks for a pitcher of beer!
Old 29th November 2006, 19:12   #18
GTS
BHPian

What time is the meet and where?

What time is the meet and where? I did have an SMS from Nitrous asking me to confirm...the time and place, pleaseeee!

Rgds
GTS
Old 29th November 2006, 19:42   #19
BHPian

Either Leather bar or Zara for a drink. We can decide about dinner thereafter. Pubs / bars close at 12. Dinner can be at a coffee shop in some hotel. 9, 9.30 sounds good to me. Request everyone else to chip in with their ideas.
Old 30th November 2006, 09:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

How about a place where we can have both drinks and some grub ? Could avoid the commute in between. Leather Bar could be a little crowded for comfort on a Friday. Where is Zara located ? 9:30 sounds fine.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

let's see. Nitrous lives in mogappair, sideways in anna nagar, sb & gts (2 baleno boys) in choolaimedu, i live in koyambedu & who else is coming guys ?
we could just pick up samurai from wherever he is staying & meet in geoffrey's or something lesser in the koyambedu-vadapalani area. there are plenty of decent joints there. what do you say guys ? lesser time to travel & avoid the traffic.

@v1p3r, yes thats how exhorbitant night life is here in chennai. there are no midranges, there is only the woofers & tweeters. i love bangalore for this.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:15   #22
BHPian

Zara's is opposite Chola Shereton, just above copper Chimney. They serve short eats too. Getting into the city leaves us with more options. But if everyone wants to go to Geoffery's, I have no problem whatsoever. Leather bar is crowded, but there is plenty of place in the lobby lounge just adjacent to the bar. There is also place on the wooden deck just outside the bar.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:16   #23
GTS
BHPian

Esteem Lover: I live in Velachery, bud

Anywhere should be fine for me, I've never been to a freakin pub in all my life!
I did drink during my college days but then I quit. Never been to a pub to drink though...buy hooch...pickles...murkku...and settle down comfy at the hostel room, get sloshed and throw stones at the warden's house. How very good:P
Old 30th November 2006, 13:27   #24
BHPian

I dont drink my self GTS, so I'll keep you company. We can also consider driving down to the coast. There are alot of dhabas and restaurants where we can chill out for the evening. Request all to please send in your confirmation to Nitrous so that we can seal this.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

sorry about that GTS. but i do remember you said something about choolaimedu somewhere in your post, probably your clinic ?
@ Sideways... any place is fine. just dont want to be carting around the city in the peak hour traffic. kills the fun.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
let's see. Nitrous lives in mogappair, sideways in anna nagar, sb & gts (2 baleno boys) in choolaimedu, i live in koyambedu & who else is coming guys ?
Hey, there are more of us. At the last meet at Besant Nagar, I guess there were 20-odd people. Slipstream and Ajo are also @ choolaimedu. Ajo might have to be at work at that time - not sure about slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
meet in geoffrey's or something lesser in the koyambedu - vadapalani area. there are plenty of decent joints there. what do you say guys ?
Sounds good to me as most of us seem to be from in-and-around this place. If I am right, Geoffrey's has some kind of dress code for patrons. E_L, what are the other choices in that area ? Since I usually prefer drinking at home, I have almost no idea about the happening places in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
I dont drink my self GTS
Hmmm. What could possibly beat having a designated driver, who is the reigning Raid de Himalaya champ ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 30th November 2006 at 13:55.
Old 30th November 2006, 13:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hey, there are more of us. At the last meet at Besant Nagar, I guess there were 20-odd people. Slipstream and Ajo are also @ choolaimedu. Ajo might have to be at work at that time - not sure about slip.

Quote:
Sounds good to me as most of us seem to be from in-and-around this place. If I am right, Geoffrey's has some kind of dress code for patrons. E_L, what are the other choices in that area ?
Hmmm. What could possibly beat having a designated driver, who is the reigning Raid de Himalaya champ ?
we needn't necessarily go to geoffrey's, there is a black & white bar in the next hotel, vijay park or there is ignite in the koyambed circle, if you want thumping DJ Music or there is also Shaan Royal in koyambedu.

@Sideways > man, you seem to know all the right places to go for a drink & you dont drink ???
Old 30th November 2006, 14:15   #28
BHPian

hey guys,

looks like plans for the meet are hottin up and I dont wanna be left behind....count me in !!!!!!!

and boy, am i glad i've got so many teetotallers (or should i rephrase that by saying non - drinkers) for company !!!!

supreme and ajo, we 3 race to the venue from Choolaimedu, wat say ?

esteem lover, GTS, sideways - looking forward to meeting you guys there

Cheers,

J
Old 30th November 2006, 14:17   #29
BHPian

Folks,
You guys have a great time catching up...due to some personal reasons I do not goto Bars or Discs anymore. So if it happens anywhere away from these places...I am in

Cheers!
Old 30th November 2006, 14:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

madbullram, thats ok. there are plenty of t.ts here, so you could all fit in someplace. give it a try.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks