Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2006, 17:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Oops, my mistake. Yeah, its slipstream.
Old 4th December 2006, 19:42   #62
BHPian

ok, here goes my set of snaps... just five of them.

raid de himalayas champ (sideways) in an animated discussion with samurai, sharing his experience of how b@!!$ got reinforced.....

Sticking to the team-bhp meet norm of that that man... that that money, SB dint even swallow his saliva , so that he dint have to pitch in anything... but our man... nitrous laid a bait... cajoled him to just have a peanut... poor SB carefully weighing his option without knowing what was in the offing

Mission accomplished....SB thought, it was afterall a peanut.... but it proved to be a costly one... Nitrous now i know, why you are keen on conducting team bhp meets... look at the smile on his face.

here is what you get see, when you sit in sideway's lancer. let me try to recollect what the meters are for.... air fuel ratio, fuel pressure.. dont know that the rest are for... if there was a meter to read the heart beat rate of the passengers... then it would broken down for sure... what do you say samurai..... there is a onboard computer (partially seen in the pic.. behind the gear lever) with which you can control the AF mixture ratio and whole lot of things.....

here is arka's jeep and sideways lancer.... if you observe jeep has a GC of 25 inches.... caution... vertigoes are advised against peeping out of the arka's jeep.
Old 4th December 2006, 20:58   #63
Team-BHP Support

Whoa Farhaan....where's the joy stick???
Old 5th December 2006, 00:12   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice meet nice pictures. Sideways, what the dickens!! That's some Lancer man!! Well done Chennai
Old 5th December 2006, 01:26   #65
BANNED

GuyZ!!! That was some nice meet! By seeing the way the Chennai meet thread was going, I thought only a few will make it. Well done guyz!!

Next time, Please call me as a Cheap Guest!!!
Old 5th December 2006, 04:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
GuyZ!!! That was some nice meet! By seeing the way the Chennai meet thread was going, I thought only a few will make it. Well done guyz!!

Thanks SZ. Yes it was a nice meet in its own sweet way.

If you have plans to visit chennai, let us know. We will try to arrange a meet around that time.
Old 5th December 2006, 07:24   #67
BHPian

Nice photos Tifosi.. Guess you have some more

Poor Nitrous.. Look what you have made of him. Hope we don't lose a dynamic organiser :-)
Old 5th December 2006, 11:21   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
SB dint even swallow his saliva
Hey tifosi, I was too busy swallowing the beer.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Looks like we should take your advice next time. Nitrous took us to Geoffrey's. 400 bucks for a pitcher of beer!
nothing surprising... 300 to 400 bucks a pitcher is normal here...

btw this was one helluva meet.... too bad i missed it... looks like y'all had loads of fun.... also missed meetin Farhan and his mivec lancer
Old 5th December 2006, 13:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Sure man. Looks like Chennai meets rock only when we have a guest. So let us know when you will be in Chennai and we will have a meet.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:10   #71
BHPian

It was a great meet. I think the most sucessful so far. Should have more of these in the future. The photographs are awesome. Well done guys. Heres to more meets in the future.

@tifosi - Awesome pic of the Instrument Panel. Can't beleive you took it without the flash. really nice. It's going into my gallery
@Rudra - Working on it Sir !!!!

Last edited by Sideways : 5th December 2006 at 13:24.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:38   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
@tifosi - Awesome pic of the Instrument Panel. Can't beleive you took it without the flash. really nice. It's going into my gallery
Remember we discussed it right after this photo was taken, only a Canon dSLR can take something this clean at ISO 1600.

This can be further improved though. Invite tifosikrishna for one more session, let him bring his tripod and his widest lens, I think he planning to buy a pro quality wide lens soon. Park the car where it is really dark, no streets lights, etc., turn on the ignition. Then watch what tifosi can do without flash. Placing the tripod inside the car is tricky, but it can be done.

@tifosikrishna: Sorry man, we could have discussed photography, but the occasion was different. BTW, your meet photographs are the best, you obviously spent lots of time composing and experimenting.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:49   #73
BHPian

Yes, Sharath remember discussing it with you. It's truly amazing. Also remember some of the photgraphs you showed me. Great stuff. Can you please mail them over at fvohra@gmail.com

Thanx.
Old 5th December 2006, 13:57   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
thats actually slipstream...not sideways.

hmm...rajdodt, what's bugging you?
actually my wife who'd called 4 times in 15 minutes

J
Old 5th December 2006, 16:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Farhan. Infact there is loads of shake in the picture, but looks ok from a distance. Low shutter speed and battery of speakers making noise from behind generously contributed to the shake.

Next time, we will try to get a better shot with a tripod.

Quote:
@tifosikrishna: Sorry man, we could have discussed photography, but the occasion was different. BTW, your meet photographs are the best, you obviously spent lots of time composing and experimenting.
Samurai, Thanks for your generous compliment. Yes, we could have discussed about photography, but as you said, this was not the occasion. But i thoroughly enjoyed the meet, especially the technical discussion between sideways and ex670c a.k.a arka on diesel engines, differential et al....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks