Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When can you make it to the Goa National Meet?
June 7 - 11 7 30.43%
June 10 - 14 3 13.04%
June 14 - 18 2 8.70%
Can't make it this time. 7 30.43%
Can make it but not at those dates. 5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2007, 18:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
For that ud have to come to my coll as my uncle and seek perm .. And also sponsor 50% of my fuel khader bhai .. Or else get me a flight ticket and you can have the keys to my car ..
Off-topic, but:

1. I wouldnt want to be known as your uncle - even a fictitious one.

2. I wont sponsor any part of your fuel bill.

3. I dont want the keys to YOUR car - its rather unkempt.

You can take a train - it costs about Rs.500 which I'm sure you have easy access to, since you can pay for fuel upto Goa. You guys are spoilt.

Can we look at other locations as well? We all know none of the chaps around need an excuse to tank up on beer and are quite capable of finding a Bar in the middle of the Saudi desert, so whats with Goa?
Old 21st February 2007, 19:02   #17
Team-BHP Support

What is an ideal location, what facilities or features are needed?
Old 21st February 2007, 19:32   #18
BANNED

I as usual suggested it to Mclaren that he should re start this thread as last time also it took months before it finally happened ... and it turned out pretty decent -- though we are hoping to have a better turnout this time around .

As for the destination ..... Im open to other places but where can we get all things in one area and at a steal . Its equi distance from both Bombay and Bangalore and most members who turn up are from those 2 destination ... and we in Delhi aint too far either -- though being closer to Goa than the rest of you suits us fine .

And instead of wasting 10 pages on a destination ... lets finalise it in not more than 3 pages .... Any post not related to a suggestion of a venue shall be DELETED .. so whoever wants to suggest a place , pls do so now !!!

NC@ U can't miss out ..... vll post pone the dates a bit if we have to ;-) !!!

Steeroid@ Coming to National Capital aint a good idea at that time of the year as once you get here there aint much to do in that heat .

LETS GET IT ROLLING GUYS >>
Old 21st February 2007, 21:05   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
An ideal location would be one which would be or atleast close to being equidistant for members from bangalore and mumbai as they form the majority ..

The drive to the place has to be awesome , filled with beautiful scenery and smooth and good roads ..

Preferably by the beach side so that Mr.Firang could tan himself and so that nitrous could find what he missed at bombay ..

Most importantly the location should have a good night life where partying until real late shouldnt be a problem .. For eg bangalore shuts at 11 ..

So Mr.Rebellious fire away with your suggestions for locations ..
Old 21st February 2007, 21:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

How abt up North: Himachal Pradesh or Uttaranchal? How is Pondicherry? Or the Kerala backwaters? Perhaps the SuperStar Libra cruise from Mumbai?
Old 21st February 2007, 21:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
How abt up North: Himachal Pradesh or Uttaranchal?
Chock a block full of tourists from April to July. Not much use since there are hardly any party spots too but the weather's great.

Going by previous experience though I would not recommend them, maybe if Khaadu can arrange something for us in Himachal then it might work. But we would need a LOT of cars of Delhi members to transport us till there.

Delhi in MAY for a holiday is out of the question, you guys will be tandoor-ed in no time!
Old 21st February 2007, 22:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys want more? Here's the flood I could recollect:

Beaches: Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep, Murud-Janjira(Maharasthra), Diu, Gopalpur-on-sea (Orissa)

Hill stations: Coorg, Dalhousie, Shimla, Darjeeling, Hazaribagh, Dehradun, Munnar, Mahabaleshwar

Jack-of-all: Bangalore, Mumbai
Old 21st February 2007, 22:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just in case the North and Goa is ruled out ,why not head to coastal karnataka?
Pondicherry isnt a bad idea either.If the chennai boys are ok to check for a beach house on ECR which can be rented out for the meet ?
Old 22nd February 2007, 10:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Would love to have all of you guys here in pondy. I will personally take care of all arrangements, if the meet is scheduled there.
Old 22nd February 2007, 11:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69
Pondicherry isnt a bad idea either. If the chennai boys are ok to check for a beach house on ECR which can be rented out for the meet ?
Beach house on ECR should not be a problem. However, being down South, will there be enough participation from Central/North India ?

Goa sounds nice. Really love that place. Not confirming my presence now, because from past experience, I could never make it to meets that I confirmed in advance.
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:29   #26
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Beaches: Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep, Murud-Janjira(Maharasthra), Diu, Gopalpur-on-sea (Orissa)

Hill stations: Coorg, Dalhousie, Shimla, Darjeeling, Hazaribagh, Dehradun, Munnar, Mahabaleshwar
Looks like you've planned your Honeymoon already... My friend this is a Team BHP meet, read the Goa meet thread and you'll get an idea as to what it might be like... Most of us would want to drive in our vehicles to the destination, and do read what stumpy has said...

Quote:
An ideal location would be one which would be or atleast close to being equidistant for members from bangalore and mumbai as they form the majority ..

The drive to the place has to be awesome , filled with beautiful scenery and smooth and good roads ..

Most importantly the location should have a good night life where partying until real late shouldnt be a problem ..
@Steer : Anywhere in the North except the hill stations is a no no during this time...

Last edited by Jay : 22nd February 2007 at 12:35.
Old 22nd February 2007, 16:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Make it Pondicherry. Throw in a track day. And watch them come.
Old 22nd February 2007, 16:42   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Make it Pondicherry. Throw in a track day. And watch them come.
Though it seems a good enough an idea i dont see many guys from bombay and pune who would be willing to come that far .. Besides i think most of the guys here are too conservative to take their cars onto a track ..
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Some more suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Quote:
Most importantly the location should have a good night life where partying until real late shouldnt be a problem .. For eg bangalore shuts at 11 ..
I think banglore is ruled out, for that reason.
I thought of proposing hyderabad, but its similar to banglore. hotels, pubs, bars, resturant stop taking orders after11:00pm. One thing we could do, something we do "order 8 pitchers for the last order :P " and be there till 12:30 or may be 1:00. We have karting facility too in hyderabad :-) with pretty good entertainment stuff. here the link for the karting:
Welcome to Runway9

I think GOA would be a right place in this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Why do you always have to schedule these things in Goa at the peak of summer or the beginning of the monsoons?
@all the people who attended the last national meet at goa, how was the climate? was it hot and sweaty???
if it is hot, may be we can put full clothing as optional. And we could get some suggestions from some senior bhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Lets do Pune or Mahabaleshwar this time? Nice and central location for everyone...
i agree with steeroid, i was in pune in july 2006(i didnt knew about team-bhp then, else would have met the pune guys). It was a rainning at that time. But, liked the climate when it doesnt rain.

What about Mahabaleshwar??

Quote:
what about the guys from other places??. I guess the attendance from mumbai and banglore was high last time, so thinking about it. hmmm. ok

Quote:
how about kerala. kerala guys, put some light on this.

How about central India. Are there any place we can think about here. Do we have any bhpians from central and will be participating in national meet and willing to organise the meet??
more info:
Central India Travel,Central India Tours Travel,Central India Travel Tours

Another Place close to the central is Bidar. This place isnt famous and fancy as GOA, lets just give it a thought. But I am not so sure about the night life there but will find about it if required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Just in case the North and Goa is ruled out ,why not head to coastal karnataka?
What are the places in coastal karnataka??.
How about Hampi in karnataka?? recently PUG guys been there for a drive. Any of the pug guys here, throw some light on this place. Its for sure the drive to hampi would be awesome. But i am not sure about the night life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Pondicherry isnt a bad idea either.If the chennai boys are ok to check for a beach house on ECR which can be rented out for the meet ?
Yeah!!! pondicherry would be a good location too, but that defeats the idea of close to all.

my 2paise.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 22nd February 2007 at 17:08.
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Besides i think most of the guys here are too conservative to take their cars onto a track ..
Well most of the chennai gang is waiting for an update from you on the trackday that you were planning on sometime this month.

Any updates stumpy?

Bangy boys also will turn up in appreciable numbers as the distance is not much... Talkin from the point of havin a trackday and not a national meet. please post updates if any on the trckday thread.

thnx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks