Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 01:31   #151
BHPian

Re: Team BHP USA meets in Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think there is something about Detroit that brings automotive lovers together.
Our meet happening in 2 weeks is nothing short of luck and sheer determination of all who joined (9 cars and 11 people)

Kudos to the spirt of Detroit and all folks who made this meet happen successfully

As soon as Nikhil initiated the meet, we quickly created an offline group and started deliberations on meeting point as well as the final destination with multiple suggestions pouring in.
Thanks Avinash aka Mobike008 for providing the motivation and helping out. Had it not been for your immediate reply, I don't believe this meet would have happened.

Agree, there is something about Detroit and Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
What a fun weekend it was, well, aside from the freezing weather of course. It was my first TBHP meet here in the US and it couldn’t have been better. Shout out to Nikhil, Mobike008 and vj123 for initiating & organizing the meet.
Conversations inevitably turned to cars, bhp, mods and everything between, which was a such a welcome change from the trying times we currently live in.
Totally Agree, Rohit. Couldn't have been better. True to that, conversations immediately turned to cars and details around them. BMWs have always been my dream car, and in all the excitement, I missed getting a closer look at your car. Next meet for sure, I would love to get a ride in your Beemer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Some pictures which i clicked in our touchpoints:
Thanks Vibin for the awesome pics, venue coordination and all detials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakyath89 View Post
Thanks to Nikhil, Avinash and VJ for organizing this event. As soon as Nikhil initiated the possibility of a meet and drive, people were quick to respond and this happened within two weeks. Special mention to Jeeva who drove all the way from Jersey!
Totally Agree. It was super fun and special mention to Jeeva for that drive
nikhilarni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 06:05   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
Thanks Avinash aka Mobike008 for providing the motivation and helping out. Had it not been for your immediate reply, I don't believe this meet would have happened.
Thanks Nikhil! It was a pleasure to get the whole team together

And, not to mention the whole lot of fun that we had driving together. However, next time we can have a real petrol head meet by going to one of the fun routes in Ohio that we have been discussing

I'm available to meet anytime you guys are ready so let's plan the next one sooner than later
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 23:45   #153

Thank you @mobike008 for pointing me to this thread.

It seems you guys have been having a lot of fun meeting ... nice cars, nice pictures.

I would love to come out and meet you all (lets plan a meet soon!)

-Abhijit (Detroit, MI)

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-me.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 25th May 2021 at 00:36. Reason: Spacing fixed, excessive dots removed, picture inserted in-line.
scatpack392 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 19:53   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatpack392 View Post
Thank you @mobike008 for pointing me to this thread..It seems you guys have been having a lot of fun meeting .. nice cars, nice pictures..I would love to come out and meet you all (lets plan a meet soon!)

-Abhijit (Detroit,MI)
Welcome to this thread Abhijit. Subscribe and keep tracking this thread for new meet conversations.

As the weather is looking up, Let us plan a short drive and lunch meet by end of this month
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 20:01   #155

Thank you mobike008. Yes let's plan on a short drive and lunch soon.
Old 14th March 2021, 20:29   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Another cool meet is brewing in "Motor City" and this one looks like going to be an apt, exciting and perfect for all petrol heads

A drag race event that too luckily quite close from home (~50 Miles away) is happening on April 18th, 2021. I have attended many drag events in India but, never here so looking forward to seeing some serious horsepower on the strip

As usual, Pittsburg guys are the most enthu folks and they are driving down from there to Michigan. Kudos to them

What : Team-BHP Drag Event Meet
When : April 18th, 2021
Where : Lapeer International Dragway, Michigan

Confirmed Names

1. Mobike008 + 1
2. Nikhilarni (Pittsburg)
3. M.Shekar (Pittsburg)
4. Scatpack392

I know there are many folks here who are keen. Please copy above add your name and paste it back

Let's make this a fast & furious team-bhp meet

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-e769f90e61864b2d8c0322cc85f9cd25.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 04:29   #157
BHPian

Boy oh boy! I didn't know track time could get this cheap!

I have a regional AutoX event on the 17th. However, I will try to make it here as well!

Thank you @mobike008 for redirecting me to this thread!

I'll be coming from Champaign, IL.
Old 31st March 2021, 20:03   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Another cool meet is brewing in "Motor City" and this one looks like going to be an apt, exciting and perfect for all petrol heads

A drag race event that too luckily quite close from home (~50 Miles away) is happening on April 18th, 2021.

As usual, Pittsburg guys are the most enthu folks and they are driving down from there to Michigan. Kudos to them

What : Team-BHP Drag Event Meet
When : April 18th, 2021
Where : Lapeer International Dragway, Michigan

Confirmed Names

1. Mobike008 + 1
2. Nikhilarni (Pittsburg)
3. M.Shekar (Pittsburg)
4. Scatpack392

[/ATTACH]
Hi Avi,

Any more confirmations for the event and our meetup + Drive

It'll be +1 for me, based on what we are planning after the raceday event.

Let's start putting the plan together, we have barely 2 weeks left

Last edited by nikhilarni : 31st March 2021 at 20:05.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 21:44   #159
BHPian

Cannot wait to catch up with you all, and pretty much get the first long drive in this . She's begging to be driven.
Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-swag-look-front.jpg

Looks like a good weather day too.

We have a few things planned like the assembly point and a tentative plan after that.

Assembly Point: 1116 S Rochester Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48307

Assembly Time: 11:30 am
Date : April 18, 2021

Tentative Plan after that : Drive to the Lapeer International Dragway
2691 Roods Lake Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446
nikhilarni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 21:15   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tentative Plan after that : Drive to the Lapeer International Dragway
2691 Roods Lake Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446
Most folks backed out except for me, Nikhil and Abhijit. It was great to have our spouses join and surprisingly, they enjoyed more than us

Nikhil-it was great to see you drive down from Pittsburg and it was an amazing experience checking out the first drag meet experience in America.

I couldn't sleep last night properly as those powerful engines kept ringing in my head

Abhijit, great to meet you and look forward to going to semi-truck event which should be another exciting meet

Pictures of the meet coming up soon !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2021 at 21:16.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 18:08   #161

Thank you Avinash and Nikhil for organizing this meet. It was a great meeting you and looking forward to do more of that

Here are some pics from the event (I don't have many, more from Avinash for sure)

Nissan GTR vs New gen Toyota Supra (GTR won!)

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_2253.jpg

The lineup

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_2247.jpg

Just a normal day at a drag strip

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_2240.jpg

A Dodge Demon chilling out (literally!) with a 2021 SmokeShow Charger Scat Pack

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_2230.jpg

Almost ready to race..

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_2236.jpg

There is always so much at these events that you cannot capture everything!

I would thank Avinash and Nikhil once again for coming out and special thanks to Nikhil for driving all the way from Pittsburgh!
scatpack392 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 20:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Avinash and Nikhil for organizing this meet. It was a great meeting you and looking forward to do more of that

I would thank Avinash and Nikhil once again for coming out and special thanks to Nikhil for driving all the way from Pittsburgh!
Hi Scatpack392 aka Abhijit, thanks for posting those pics.

Always a pleasure to meet and greet fellow T'BHPians.

I was looking forward to this meet, being my first long drive in my M340i.

Looking forward to the next one, given that we have good weather for a while now.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 20:56   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Most folks backed out except for me, Nikhil and Abhijit. It was great to have our spouses join and surprisingly, they enjoyed more than us

Nikhil-it was great to see you drive down from Pittsburg and it was an amazing experience checking out the first drag meet experience in America.

I couldn't sleep last night properly as those powerful engines kept ringing in my head
[/i]
Hi Avi aka Mobike008,

Always a pleasure to catch up. Was indeed nice that the spouses could join as well. My wife was asking quite a few questions on the return drive. This was my first time at a Drag race. The adrenalin was pumping. Took a while to understand the rules and details.

We had to return back, but I was told that the more serious races were reserved for later in the day. What I saw was more like individuals having fun with their rides.

Maybe next time.

Looking forward to the next meet, preferably a location in Ohio (Cleveland / Columbus) or Lake Erie side.
nikhilarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 22:15   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here are some pics from the event (I don't have many, more from Avinash for sure)
Quote:
Hi Avi aka Mobike008,

Always a pleasure to catch up. Was indeed nice that the spouses could join as well. My wife was asking quite a few questions on the return drive. This was my first time at a Drag race. The adrenalin was pumping. Took a while to understand the rules and details.
It was a pleasure to catch up with you both and wish more of our local guys had joined the meet. Hopefully, next time

Here is a quick write up and feel free to add if I missed anything

Last Sunday (April 18th, 2021) was a day to remember. Personally, it was the first drag event in US and I can tell you it is so different from the drag events that we have in India- from the type of cars that participate to how it’s organized

This event is known as UCM (Underdog Car Meet) drag event and held at Lapeer Drag-way in Lapeer, Michigan which was roughly 55 miles from home. And, this event was open to all types of cars to participate and it is a great way to promote folks who are serious about car and engine builds to show off their talent

They kept the participation fee very reasonable ($40 per car participation with unlimited runs) and just $20 for spectators like us

Initially, lot many BHPians showed interest to join but, this time it was disappointing to note only 3 of us (Me, Nikhil and Abhijit) made it to the event. It was a great experience as Nikhil and my spouse also joined and they were more thrilled than us to witness this speculator event

Nikhil drove all the way from Pittsburgh and stayed over at my place on Saturday where we did some fun things on Saturday including spending an lovely evening by the Detroit River on the other side known as Belle Isle Park before heading home for some nice dinner and talks that went on till wee hours of the night

Next morning, we had planned to meet Scatpack around 11:00am and enroute picked up some BAKLAVA’s from Shatila Bakery which is supposedly the best baklava in entire USA (Thanks to the large middle eastern population in Detroit)

Wifey made some vegetarian lunch as we knew at the event it is hard to find something vegetarian so some Roti, Rajma and Aloo Curry was carried for lunch (It was a great idea as we gorged on it as we were all so famished) followed by the melt-in the mouth Baklavas

Over the event was a great spectacle with countless fancy cars (Will let the pictures and videos do the talking) and cars who participated were from 800hp to 2000hp.

Nikhil and his wife decided to head out by 4:30pm as they had a long drive back to Pittsburgh and rest of us stayed back until 6pm till almost the event was over

What a fantastic petrol-head weekend- I had a tough time sleeping at night as those growl of the engines kept me awake for a long time. Haha!

Can anyone guess which car won the overall event (I bet you will be surprised to know)

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3737min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3739min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3861min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3858min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3738min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3769min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3775min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3786min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3791min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3793min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3795min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3796min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3802min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3804min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3805min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3810min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3811min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3812min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3814min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3817min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3822min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3823min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3824min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3826min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3839min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3843min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3848min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3851min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3853min.jpg

Team BHP USA meets in Detroit-img_3854min.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 01:16   #165
Senior - BHPian

Folk, I have a New Jersey question. I know this is the Detroit thread but I'll shoot it anyway hoping that one of you can point this to the right thread if need be or help with the query.

here goes: My buddy who lives in Princeton, NJ has just bought a 2021 GLE 53 AMG. He is super thrilled about it but has no clue how to get the max fun out of it. He's just driving up and down highway's like a cruiser which, for a AMG, is not the right way to have fun.

Are there any track's around there for a track day? not a Drag strip.
are there any AMG performance centers? I have visited the Porsche Track experience in Barber Motorsports park in Alabama. anything like that in and around NJ?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks