Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 15:38   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
benbsb this chap is real cute. He reminds me of the babies in the diper adv's chubby and blah blah. LOL no offense mate. Nice to have met you to. You qualify for the Johnson and Johnson ad's.
Oops !! Well, atleast i have an alternative career in hand just in case there is an IT slowdown. Hehe... another point to wifey for making the right choice in me.

Quote:
sankar hope you and the bullet reached home without any problemo.
Sankar's bike has made it a habit to gulp down gallons of petrol on every TBHP meet. This time round too, it ran out of petrol while he was on his way.

Quote:
nitrous , big man and the gentle giant.
I appreciate this guy's humour sense, and also for being a livewire.

Quote:
e_l all you chaps should meet him. I found him very soft-spoken and wise.
I hereby take the privilege of calling John as 'The Grand Old Man of Chennai'. fiery actually got introduced to me saying i was the one who called John as Travolta.

Riju : I hadnt met him prior to this meet, and when i did meet him, didnt know who he was. Glad to have finally met, dude.
Old 17th July 2007, 16:43   #137
BHPian

feeling bad to not make it up...but hoping that i will be there for the next one atleast..great pics guys, waiting for the video's
Old 17th July 2007, 17:14   #138
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Rahul I think you car has accumulated a lot of intestinal gas over time and its being released in the form of fart when you accelerate. Please do something about it.
Just need to take off the end can Riju. But that would make it insanely loud. I kind of like this sound actually. Its more rallyish.

Quote:
Rahul I will never forgive you for giving us beer which was warmer than water.
curse yourselves for not confirming the booze order well before hand. If it wasn't for me you all would have to make do with water.
Old 17th July 2007, 17:24   #139
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, is the 220 kmph or so on the speedo the surprise you were talking about? How did you manage those speeds with a stock car?
Old 17th July 2007, 17:59   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Rahul, is the 220 kmph or so on the speedo the surprise you were talking about? How did you manage those speeds with a stock car?
Not quite. Infact the surprise part was 95% of the corners I didn't have to even lift off the throttle even slightly even at those speeds (200 on the speedo felt like 160 & 160 felt like 100). The tires had such tremendous grip, I could go on and on raving about them. It should be noticeable from the video that will be coming up shortly. Infact the baleno speedo runs out at 210, tadu's elantra behind me was showing 220 and I could see myself pulling away from him until my clutch started feeling the pinch. And btw, car is not so stock . Running a milder setup about 15% less powerful than what we ran at speedrun.

The real surprise is the heavy, diesel turbocharged car, with 3 people on board and AC switched on clocking those speeds ever so comfortably. The Elantra will surely be the next car my family is going to buy.

Another surprise is the good mileage I got. Got about 8kmpl (was expecting more on the lines of 4-5) on the way up and about 14.5 on the way back. Some contrast that. Goes to show how helpful (or not) a heavy foot on the throttle makes.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:11   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
talking abt frustration - on the way back it was a smooth ride for us all the way till about 5 kms from Koyambedu signal....

we took nearly 1.5 hours to cover the last 5 kms... ( and it was raining like crazy...wonder whats with chennai weather these days..?? never seen so much rains at THIS TIME of the year in Chennai )....
I'll second that. It was frustrating.

Quote:
thanks to fiery enzyme and his friends great navigation skills, we took the left most lane where even trucks were not venturing into and managed to cross that 5kms in 1.5 hours !!!!
Gee Thanks..Though I don't know if you are being sarcastic.
Quote:
good thing was i got a overall mileage of 12kmpl for the whole trip of around 475kms of which atleast 20 kms was complete stop and go....
( have been depressed over last 6 months with some really bad mileage figures...this figure reaffirmed my faith on the honda !! )
Yes Narayan, You have made a Honda fan out of me.

I have not been able to post the videos however I will be posting some photos soon.
Old 17th July 2007, 19:28   #142
BHPian

Photos

Cooling off after the blast uphill at Yelagiri!

Checking out E_L 's door fans

Checking whether SB's Baleno had a crack in the exhaust

Milling around waiting for Beer

Seniors sharing some Gyaan!
Old 17th July 2007, 21:12   #143
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
did i read the pics right? tadu - you are doing between 200- 210? @MCL i cant make out from the pics (sorry! )
Mcl's speedo is maxed out at 210...
Old 17th July 2007, 22:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can we get a full list of people who turned up for the meet. I will start with what i know & the others can add to it.

Chennai Annas
1. e_l
2. nitrous
3. headers
4. narayan
5. supremeBaleno
6. SB's wife
7. flipsyde
8. fiery enzyme
9. FE's friend arun
10. major payne
11. xtremeshock
12. friend of xtremeshock
13. Bottle
14. Bottle's friend

Bang Gang
1. mclaren1885
2. psycho
3. benbsb29
4. rjstles69
5. souljah
6. v1p3r
7. Ironwolf
8. memo
9. arunphillip
10. wheeliej
11. laxminarayan
12. akroy
13. blueraven316
14. srishya
14. jassi
15. vikram
16. Mrs.Vikram
17. Jomz
18. deviltec
19. pawan
20. brraj
21. reignofchaos
22. wheeler

There were quite a few others. please add to this list bangy boys.
Old 17th July 2007, 22:25   #145
BHPian

List of people who came (added 3 more from bangy)

Chennai Annas
1. e_l
2. nitrous
3. headers
4. narayan
5. supremeBaleno
6. SB's wife
7. flipsyde
8. fiery enzyme
9. FE's friend arun
10. major payne
11. xtremeshock
12. friend of xtremeshock
13. Bottle
14. Bottle's friend

Bang Gang
1. mclaren1885
2. psycho
3. benbsb29
4. rjstles69
5. souljah
6. v1p3r
7. Ironwolf
8. memo
9. arunphillip
10. wheeliej
11. laxminarayan
12. akroy
13. blueraven316
14. srishya
15. jassi
16. vikram
17. Mrs.Vikram
18. Jomz
19. deviltec
20. pawan
21. brraj
22. reignofchaos
23. wheeler
24. coolsats
25. jaguar
26. tadukuttan

Last edited by jassi : 17th July 2007 at 22:31.
Old 17th July 2007, 22:31   #146
BANNED

v1p3r's friends Manoj & another guy, Harrie's brother Sanjay & another friend, Vasu Anna (psycho's partner), ROC's friend, srisha 3 friends, sankar, black12rr (went back from A1 plaza), kick throttle + 3 friends, kanni, urdudesamy, roopakr + 2 or 3 friends. Thats all I can recollect for the moment.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th July 2007 at 22:38.
Old 17th July 2007, 22:39   #147
Senior - BHPian

It was great meeting up the bangy boys with whom i have only interacted on the forum & some via phone. Was a pleasant surprise to see benny boy actually being a johnsons baby boy. I was looking forward to meeting quite a few bangaloreans & loved meeting them too. But i feel really sorry that there was so little time & so many friends that i could not spend quality time with any of them. In fact, i just said hi & moved on to some of the people. Guys, please do not think i am rude, just that there was absolutely no time at all.

there was narayan, fiery enzyme, xtremeshock, major payne all from chennai with whom also i could not really interact & would love to do so in our next chennai meet.

rjstyles69, you are cool man. Please do let us know when you visit chennai, nitrous will try to raize something in chennai. get my drift ?
All of you bangy boys surely will be coming down to chennai on one pretext or the other, i warmly welcome you to call on any of us if there is any help that you need & we will also have a get together.

I met Ironwolf for just 5 mins & came to know that he is very close to me in more than one way. (not in the dirty sense, you perverts)

arunphillip was a wonderful backseat passenger in my car for the return journey. hope you made up pal.

BTW, we did get caught in the heavy incoming traffic into chennai & solid solid rains. we had to drive in near impossible conditions for the last 1 hour or so & guess who kept us company.It was Radio city 91.1 rolling out some fantastic songs like
1. Bob Dylan - like a rolling stone
2. Dire straits - sultans of swing
3. scorpions - holiday
4. Rhythm of the falling rain - ??
etc etc ...cannot remember right now.

wheeliej, admire your spirit to come out like this with these boys on a Saturday.

psycho, thanks for your touch man, even the FE has increased now.

Last but not the least, it was a pleasure meeting up with the owner of the hot baleno, mclaren1885. Great job, mcl, great organ ******* skills, some would say, nevertheless a terrific meet made possible only because of you.
cheers
Old 17th July 2007, 23:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

I have been following this thread religiously trying to get a vicarious experience, consoling myself for not being able to join you guys. I am sure you guys had a blast out there. Just waiting to be back in India so that I can show up finally in person than in the forum alone.
Old 17th July 2007, 23:41   #149
Senior - BHPian

when are you coming back ?
Old 17th July 2007, 23:47   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
when are you coming back ?
I should be back home before June 2008. Please dont curse me if that is nowhere close to your expectations. Missing good old chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks