Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When would you like to see The Transformers ?
Saturday 18th August 0 0%
Sunday 19th August 5 100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2007, 15:40   #91
Senior - BHPian

Highlights of the meet:
Sam: Did you notice that chick's teeth? She has Chiclets for front teeth!
s0uljah: She has teeth?!

Sam: Man, what horrible sound. The centre thingy is so far away and the side thingies work too well.
s0uljah: Must be that JaBLi brand.

And of course, Sam's happy time. Atleast Sam got the girl in the end.
Old 20th August 2007, 16:31   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Meet report and Movie review

Honestly, yesterday was a very relaxing and fun evening.

At about 7.30 pm, Joz and his lovely wife Anju arrived in their Alto to my residence. On the back seat holding hands were pawan and mclittle.
After we said our hellos, we quickly decided there was no possible way I could fit into the back seat with them, so we took my car (White Accent). Since the roads and directions in Bangalore are crap, I requested McTiny to drive.

We drove to Nagarjuna and I suddenly remembered where we were. I'd eaten there once earlier. It was a horror story.

Flashback: About 3 years ago, someone took me there for a meal. The banana leaf and gun powder was lovely, I enjoyed the whole culture thing.
Soon the man dished me out a spadeful of rice.O..K..
Then came the rather deeeelishus dal. Good so far. Then without warning one man attacked me with hot ghee. He came and decided to fling it all over my food with flourish.
Wanting to impress me further his large plonk of hot ghee landed half on my food and the rest was across my shirt. I stared in horror at him and he stared in horror at me and ran quickly.

Back to the present:
Waiting, seated near the entrance with a big grin were Arun and Deepu and little George. (Deepu's sonny boy-little, all of 5, what a fantastic and friendly child)
Soon we sat and discussed McLaren's pregnancy. It was great fun.

s0uljah joined us shortly, followed by akbaree and dinner had begun. Akbaree wasn't coming for the movie, he just came to say hello and hang out with us.
Some ate the set meal, I had some curd rice with pickle and some fried fish. Yummy. Nanage rudd fish fry kodi said I, to the waiter. Much to everyone's amusement.

Then we paid up and left for innovative multiplex.

While waiting in the foyer, we were joined shortly by v1p3r who looked like he was selling tickets in black, taking cash from a group of people huddled around him and handing out tickets. Psycho and threepio had arrived together.
Soon to join were hellstar and tadu.
Everyone had arrived, except Zak. A couple of calls and we realised he wasn't going to make it for the movie.

Strangely, the gates of the cinema were shut and the crowd was swelling. Seemed strange. I mean, you normally buy a ticket and enter the multiplex so you have time to buy stuff from the concessions and chat. Honestly it is even more weird as normally multiplexes make more money from the concessions than the screens.

Truly innovative this theatre, in more ways than one. At 10.10 we were packed like refugees in the foyer and the gate was closed. Still. For a 10pm movie.
10.15 and the crowd was getting restless. I promise you, if this was Delhi, people would have got beaten up. The mild mannered people of Karnataka let out an occasional AAAAYYYYY in unison and all giggled when the sound was over.
Fun, fun, fun.
Of course we were all blaming v1p3r, who kept saying "So what can I do? This was the only cinema with tickets left"

10.30 pm and the doors opened. We went in and sat down. Shortly, the movie began. (Don't they play the national anthem in cinema halls in Bangalore?)

I noticed two things. For 200 bucks, we had Gold class. More like crap class. The legroom was pathetic. The seats were push-back, but the rows were too close to each other, so if the guy ahead of you pushed back hard, you'd get a solid whack in the testicles. Except for Anju who was safe in this particular regard.
TO make matters worse, the slob in the seat ahead of me had a broken seat, so this pushed back so much that there were times he was counting my nasal hair instead of watching the movie!
McChotu very kindly offered to change seats with me and I was a little better.

I had great fun with george, who once called me George of the jungle (I think Joz helped him with that)

The movie was fantastic from start to finish. Extreme CG, crazy action, terrible humour, cliched lines. We all truly enjoyed it very much and I would recommend it to anyone.

Picture courtesy ImDb

For the older children, Megan Fox is a hottttttttttttie but has Chiclets for teeth. Everyone thought she was hot except 5 year old George, when I asked him if he liked her. He said Naaaah! lol
In the movie she knows how to repair cars too. We had to buy extra paper napkins for the Team-BHPians who were drooling like leaky faucets.

Picture courtesy ImDb
What you didn't know about her is that she has some serious ink, that girl. Take a look.

Everyone else is fairly unremarkable except OP and cybertron. I say full marks for giving you what you wanted in a Transformers movie.

The sound was TERRIBLE at innovative. The subs were non existent. The centre channel was low and the surrounds were set so high that it was cracking and distorting. Awful.

After the movie we left, chatting excitedly and laughing. Unfortunately I left my mobile phone in the auditorium. We had already left, but thankfully I remembered before we'd gone away.
s0uljah (thanks buddy) came back running with me. In way way it was great that the theatre was terrible, because they weren;t even cleaning, they'd just locked up the hall.
Went running in while s0uljah kept calling my phone. We couldn't see it. Couldn't hear it. Well of course!!! Bloody thing was on silent.

After about 10 minutes of frantic hunting, we found it. Yay!!
Then a very pleasant drive as McLaren and Pawan drove me home and Joz followed in his alto.
v1p3r and psycho were in a red lancer with a mivec engine and stonking golden enkei wheels.
Old 20th August 2007, 16:35   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And of course, Sam's happy time. Atleast Sam got the girl in the end.
yes. Even though it is a kids movie, there is this one moment when sam's mom (Sam is the hero) wants to know what he's doing behind closed doors.
She then wants to know if he is masturbating. (I figure if they can use that word in a universal movie, we can use it here lol, how times change). When he denies it, while looking aghast (the girl is hiding in his room listening to this) she says well you don't have to call it that, you can call it Sam's Happy time. What a setup for these guys to have a field day with me.

Umm.. now this movie is sounding like American Pie. It's not. This was just a moment in a very enjoyable family movie. lol.
Old 20th August 2007, 18:11   #94
Joz
BHPian

Nice meet

Was fun meeting up with all you guys after long. The movie is fun with superb CG. But Anju doesn't seem to agree. She actually compared it to Tarzan- The wonder car . Some shots do look like adverts for GM cars.

Sam, it was a pleasure meeting you and wherever you are during Onam, do try the Sadhya. You will love it!

The MIVEC Lancer. Sounds good, moves very well! V1p3r wouldn't say who's it is, but going by certain someone's signature on the forum, I think we will soon have an ownership review.
Old 20th August 2007, 19:24   #95
BHPian

Going by the reports, looks like you guys had a great time. Waiting to watch the movie here.

Sam, while you are in blr, drop down here if possible. We have t e touring cars running this weekend and you could also catch up on some lip smacking south indian specialities that I promised you.
Old 20th August 2007, 22:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

What a difference it made watching on the big screen. Pawan, Akshay and myself spotted so many things we hadnt really noticed when we watched it earlier

Innovative plex is quite a shady place but as Sam has pointed out, all in good reason!

DeepuG's little boy - George is one bright kid! He was super charged in anticipation of seeing Optimus Prime on the bigscreen. Had even brought along his transformer toy. Cute, well behaved fella!

Psycho, Akshay and myself only made it home in the wee hours of the morning.

Oh & Harrie anna, great acquisition. Very sweet ride
Old 21st August 2007, 10:43   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Since the roads and directions in Bangalore are crap, I requested McTiny to drive.

Picture courtesy ImDb
You let McTiny drive?

Ref Ms. Fox: you wanna give an old man a heart attack. Love her tattos.

check out this clip (she talks of carbs, distributor caps and such)
Megan Fox Transformers Clip Video

and the transformer photo gallery.
Megan Fox Of Transformers Photo Gallery - Hemmy.net, A source of varied interests

Last edited by navin : 21st August 2007 at 10:50.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:04   #98
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You let McTiny drive?
Just a little question, WHY NOT?
Old 21st August 2007, 12:59   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Just a little question, WHY NOT?
last I remember you had terrible luck with cars.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:07   #100
BANNED

Yes. I agree with NavinJi.
Mc Tiny Stumpie little is the last person to be allowed to drive a car. He should be given a tricycle with ding dong bells.

It seems Megan Fox and her tattoos are grabbing a lot of attention.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:28   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
last I remember you had terrible luck with cars.
Should that stop one from driving? Navin, I am not aware of the "TERRIBLE" luck you keep referring to. I was involved in one accident when I was a kid. I accept it was my foolishness, back then I was what 15? I had no accidents in my zen, yes not even a scratch in over 8 months. Just one accident in my Baleno while driving (rather read as moving car). 3 more times my car has been hit when it was parked and none of the times did I have to spend more than 2k for the repairs, you could verify that if you wished with some of the bangy folks or my parents. If that is terrible to you, I am indeed sorry. I request you to come down to Bangalore, either see me drive or dig a little deeper into the meet threads and find out if ANYONE found my driving dangerous or reckless or if it came to them as a person with terrible luck with cars in the last 2 yrs that I have been going to. Its really getting annoying having you say things like these time and time again specially when you haven't met me or seen me drive. I request you to refrain from such comments in the future.

Sam, I am sorry that I put your life at risk according to Navin. Anything could have happened. I will remember this in the future when someone asks me to drive their car. Tadu, I hope you are listening. Looks like you might have to drive all alone to Coimbatore while I sit praying in the passengers seat that you won't fall asleep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
He should be given a tricycle with ding dong bells.
Zak, these days I am traveling by a tricycle only. Its called an Auto in Bangalore. Though, they don't have ding dong bells they come with neon's, thubthumping bass, all the jazz.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st August 2007 at 13:32.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:11   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I was involved in one accident when I was a kid.
I had no accidents in my zen, yes not even a scratch in over 8 months.
Just one accident in my Baleno
3 more times my car has been hit when it was parked

Sam, I am sorry that I put your life at risk according to Navin.
1. Mclaren firstly I should apologise for making a statement in jest that could so easily have been taken the wrong way (exactly what happened). I am not usually prone to making such statements. I should have been more sensitive and alert.

2. From what you have said you have had 2 accidents and your (non-moving) car has been hit 3 times in the past 3-4 years?

3. There are rumours of you doing 60-70kmph or more on Brigade Road. I have been to Bangalore exactly twice in the last 10 years and each time I was on Brigade road. No way anyone sane could drive 60-70kmph along that strech, not safely atleast.

4. You do not need to apologise to Sam. He trusted you enough to give you his car.

5. Lastly, as one who does not drive (yes I dont drive), I should not be making such statements at all. Rudra, I guess I need a spanking! :-)

Last edited by navin : 21st August 2007 at 16:14.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:18   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It seems Megan Fox and her tattoos are grabbing a lot of attention.
Zak, when you are as old as me you need all the inspiration you can get. Besides her middle name is "Desire" or something like that.

sung to the tune of "Unchain my heart"

Jumpstart my heart, baby please dont tease
Carburate my block, some more elbow grease
Tubrocharged and Fuel-injected is how I need to feel!
Dig your 8" heels right into me!
Jumpstart my heart, till it bleeds.

- navin 21st aug '07

Last edited by navin : 21st August 2007 at 16:33.
Old 21st August 2007, 18:45   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Well sung, old man.
Old 21st August 2007, 21:55   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jumpstart my heart, baby please dont tease
Carburate my block, some more elbow grease
Tubrocharged and Fuel-injected is how I need to feel!
Dig your 8" heels right into me!
Jumpstart my heart, till it bleeds.
Poor ole Joe would want to change his surname of Cocker

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks