Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 01:11   #61

yea absolutely right..the meets are going to be on the first sunday of every month....
Old 10th October 2007, 20:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

well i took the rover apart on monday. I was shocked not a spot of rust. the floor is in perfect shape. the british really build their cars well. so there's less work than expected. she should be in action for the rally circuit by begining of 2008. will post pics of her restoration in progress.
Old 10th October 2007, 21:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
well i took the rover apart on monday. I was shocked not a spot of rust. the floor is in perfect shape. the british really build their cars well. so there's less work than expected. she should be in action for the rally circuit by begining of 2008. will post pics of her restoration in progress.
congratulations on the car amol and hope you do it better than the ponton. hope to see her on the road for the rally's.
Old 10th October 2007, 22:51   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
well i took the rover apart on monday. will post pics of her restoration in progress.
Gentlemen, methinks Amol has gone absolutely potty. What exactly can restore in the pictures below?

To be fair, the pictures are around 3-4 years old I guess, shot on the way to Lonavala. Give us pics as the restoration progresses, not just after its done.
Cheers

PS I spotted front turn signal lenses with Maulana at chor bazaar, and what i think were taillights. Check them out.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post

Heres a picture of the same car I took a long time ago.

Do we have any more pictures coming up?
Old 11th October 2007, 15:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

nice picture khanak. that looks like the maroon roof of the oldsmobile in the back.
Old 11th October 2007, 15:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
nice picture khanak. that looks like the maroon roof of the oldsmobile in the back.

Iv also got the interiors of both these cars

Chrysler Windsor

Oldsmobile (?)

Last edited by khanak : 11th October 2007 at 15:23.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

nice one khanak. the oldmobile is the kissing car from the movie lage raho munna bhai. i have driven this car alot and absolutly love the gear changes so smooth and the glide through the roads. it stood with me for ages. fond memeories with this car.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:37   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Heres a picture of the same car I took a long time ago.
I too thought it was the same car when you posted them a long time back. But the interior pic shows a left hand drive car. Is it the same car interiors for sure? PLus the car at the rally is a New Yorker, not a Windsor.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I too thought it was the same car when you posted them a long time back. But the interior pic shows a left hand drive car. Is it the same car interiors for sure? PLus the car at the rally is a New Yorker, not a Windsor.

Not really sure karl, iv taken these pics when I was a kid so dont really remember that much.

What made me think that its the Chrysler's interiors is the fact that the first picture shows the oldsmobile right next to it and the interior shot also showed the oldsmobile right next to it.

How do you differentiate between a New yorker and a Windsor?

Last edited by khanak : 11th October 2007 at 17:09.
Old 11th October 2007, 19:46   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
How do you differentiate between a New yorker and a Windsor?
A New Yorker is an 8 cylinder, the Windsor is 6. The New Yorker is also wider, beefed up brakes, suspension, larger diameter hubcaps, heavy duty wheels the works. Back then when a more powerful engine was offered, everything else was upgraded to match, unlike today, when you ask for a V6 Accord, you get practically the same car as the 2.4 with a larger engine.
Old 11th October 2007, 21:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen, methinks Amol has gone absolutely potty. What exactly can restore in the pictures below?

To be fair, the pictures are around 3-4 years old I guess, shot on the way to Lonavala. Give us pics as the restoration progresses, not just after its done.
Cheers

PS I spotted front turn signal lenses with Maulana at chor bazaar, and what i think were taillights. Check them out.

whoa whoa! i will post pics to my defence of the time when i bought the car...indeed this is the lonavala rally after that it was lying out in the rain for 2 yrs....i had to tow it to Don's Garage where it took six months to get the engine in running condition.....in general all i am doing is a good coat of paint...and minor things like locks, wood work etc but yes i will post the whole process on the weekend....
Old 11th October 2007, 23:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great Amol. Please start a thread where we can have the pleasure of seeing the whole restoration in progress. Will be a treat to see such a rare and grand car being restored to its pristine self

Quote:
Didn't you mean Vise-Versa, that the car at the Rally is a Windsor and not a New Yorker like Feroze (Krissh) uncle's car?

Quote:
whoa whoa! i will post pics to my defence of the time when i bought the car...indeed this is the lonavala rally after that it was lying out in the rain for 2 yrs....i had to tow it to Don's Garage where it took six months to get the engine in running condition.....in general all i am doing is a good coat of paint...and minor things like locks, wood work etc but yes i will post the whole process on the weekend....
IMHO all the restoration she needs is some minor tinwork, a good high gloss coat of paint, some tuning and some TLC regards the interiors. The car is ready for action.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:07   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Didn't you mean Vise-Versa, that the car at the Rally is a Windsor and not a New Yorker like Feroze (Krissh) uncle's car?
I meant car at Fiat rally was a New Yorker, car at old VCCCI was described as a Windsor by Khanak. Plus it has a running board dent which Kkrisshs car doesnt have.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant car at Fiat rally was a New Yorker, car at old VCCCI was described as a Windsor by Khanak. Plus it has a running board dent which Kkrisshs car doesnt have.
So the picture I took is of a Windsor? This has got so confusing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks