Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
@supremeBaleno

ECR hmmm... its sucks,
seems MMST is the place to be

@headers

buddy which car do you have ?
135 is the max ever I've done on my zen (carb). speed run is fun but not always and there is nothing like a twisty deserted road

Max I've done here in Chennai is the 130 (in a WagonR) (Rajiv Gandi Salai approx 6kms stretch in front of Tidel., is this the road u said ?)
that was 3:30 am an there was not even a single vehicle on the road.
I have an Accent CRDi with 60K odd on the odo, an Indigo LX with around 81K odd on the odo, a Maruti Gypsy King 1.3 Carb with around 20K and an MM540 DP with around 83K

All 140+ runs are in the CRDi.

If you have a fast accelarating car, then there are enough roads to play around with.

mmm..Drinking and Driving - While I agree with you, all sober guys refuse to ferry across a drunken bunch of tbhpians. Maybe you could change that?

We will await Friday, Mission_safari, and fiery_enzyme, pls mark your attendance
Old 23rd July 2008, 08:36   #542
BHPian

Quote:

Max I've done here in Chennai is the 130 (in a WagonR) (Rajiv Gandi Salai approx 6kms stretch in front of Tidel., is this the road u said ?)
that was 3:30 am an there was not even a single vehicle on the road.
130 is quite possible on this road even during the day. I pass this road in the afternoon and it is deserted enough to try 130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
one road that is never mentioned anywhere is the AP highway. The road that takes you past red hills.
This road is awesome.
You are right ranjit. This road is one awesome stretch to push your car to its limits. Traffic will be close to zero once you cross Gummidipoondi.
Old 23rd July 2008, 09:50   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Chennai has enough and more of great roads where one can do insane speeds! Yes SB, I agree, only that I prefer to do it during the day without alcohol in the system
OK, I think I got yzfrj's query wrong. As I understood it, he wanted to know about roads in the city and nearabouts where one can drive without much traffic and with some twisties, which was why I suggested all of Chennai on a Sunday.

But this was not to zip around at 130+. I am not sure that is a good idea, either with or without alcohol. For that, your options are the highways (NH45, Blore highway, RedHills highway etc).

@yzfrj, tell you what. If you want the drive of your lifetime, just follow header's car on any of his weekday runs to his factory. Or better still ride shotgun in his car. MMST would pale in comparison IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari
130 is quite possible on this road even during the day. I pass this road in the afternoon and it is deserted enough to try 130.
Be careful with speeds on the IT Corridor a.k.a R.G.Road - the cops are there at odd times of the day with speed guns.
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:11   #544
Senior - BHPian

have to agree. esp at 3pm, 11am etc etc. they stand around with them speed guns catching all bikers and cars.
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:20   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

They are not very subtle, but they still catch people.

And, one day soon, they may learn to be more discrete too.
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:56   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
mmm..Drinking and Driving - While I agree with you, all sober guys refuse to ferry across a drunken bunch of tbhpians. Maybe you could change that?
Yup, that can be done. I've experience in ferrying the "booze bunch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@yzfrj, tell you what. If you want the drive of your lifetime, just follow header's car on any of his weekday runs to his factory. Or better still ride shotgun in his car. MMST would pale in comparison IMO. .
@headers -> Are you listening ?

@supremeBaleno, its the most interesting option I've heard so far, thanks buddy

Tidel stretch, I normally keep it around 70, some guys does't event know right lane is only for overtaking and not for driving at a constant 40km/hr.
So I keep in in the 2nd lane around 60-70, its the safest thing I guess, instead of finding a slow moving car/bike/cycle (I kid you not) in the overtaking lane and please god put some common sense into cabbies.
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:31   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Does it rain here ? just kidding
Are there any roads where the traffic will be relatively less, so the drive can be actually enjoyable ?

I've asked around and no one I know here was able to answer.
Sometimes I wish chennai had something like ooty near by for "fun" roads and if you take the right turns deserted roads with lots and lots of turns.

But seriously guys, are there any roads like that in and around chennai ?
If there was a ooty near chennai, the roads will turn from "Fun" to "hell" with so many heading there and doing crazy things on road.

If you need a deserted road, head straight on Rajiv Gandhi salai(OMR) till Tiruporur. After tiruporur there's a road to the right which leads to chengalpet, around 25kms. This road is deserted and curvy, and if you do it in the night, it'll be spooky.

The road's single laned and has quite some potholes, but you can do 60-70 throught. Try it.

Last edited by praveen_v : 23rd July 2008 at 12:35.
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:35   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, that can be done. I've experience in ferrying the "booze bunch"

@headers -> Are you listening ?

@supremeBaleno, its the most interesting option I've heard so far, thanks buddy
wELL YZFRJ: will call you sometime to ferry us around. BTW, What vehicle do you have / own in Chennai?

Yes, you are welcome to ride shotgun with me whenever / wherever.

W.r.t avoiding speed traps, there are tricks to not get caught! unless caught red handed.

Having said that my first speeding ticket was in a souped up Hero Puch down Beach Road in 1989 recorded at 70 kmph

Since that day, I have a grudge, trust me:
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:57   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
If there was a ooty near chennai, the roads will turn from "Fun" to "hell" with so many heading there and doing crazy things on road.
After tiruporur there's a road to the right which leads to chengalpet, around 25kms. This road is deserted and curvy, and if you do it in the night, it'll be spooky.
The road's single laned and has quite some potholes, but you can do 60-70 throught. Try it.
Yup, it just might turn to hell, you are right in that one.
Hmmm.. I like that, thanks buddy.

Quote:
wELL YZFRJ: will call you sometime to ferry us around. BTW, What vehicle do you have / own in Chennai?

Yes, you are welcome to ride shotgun with me whenever / wherever.

Having said that my first speeding ticket was in a souped up Hero Puch down Beach Road in 1989 recorded at 70 kmph
I'm just a cabbie to ferry you guys ?
Yup, at your service sir.

Right now I have my Yamaha (my daily ride, not very safe as its KL reg ) and bro's WagonR (I'm stuck with it as he is "onsite")
My car Zen, she is back home (Cochin). Will bring her back around Nov/Dec

Hero Puch, 70Km/hr wow..! its got to be a record of some sort.
No offense, how much was you weight then?

I'm a skinny guy, so you can tell me, I'll not make fun of you,
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:32   #550
Senior - BHPian

Zen, WagonR. Hmm.

While you do meet the requirements (no drunken driving) laid down for the driver, your steed does not even remotely meet the qualifications required of the Official Ferrier of the Chennai TBHP Drinking Team.

While we appreciate the interest shown by you for the afore-mentioned position, we suggest you apply again when you buy something like a Safari DICOR.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:46   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense, how much was you weight then?

I'm a skinny guy, so you can tell me, I'll not make fun of you,
Personal questions are not entertained on a public forum
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:28   #552
Senior - BHPian

OT: @ SB: what do you mean by your signature? Care to explain that?

I welcome you to drag with me, anywhere, anytime, my friend!
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:41   #553
BHPian

Quote:
OT: @ SB: what do you mean by your signature? Care to explain that?

I guess that one was for nitrous. Anyway i don't expect nitrous to retaliate to that coz he told me he will handle this in person when he meets biju (of course i am attempting to exaggerate but he mentioned something similar)
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:44   #554
Senior - BHPian

He is blaming your gypsy for beating the white esteem
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:06   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: @ SB: what do you mean by your signature?
I am blasting Suzuki for building cars (Esteem in this case) that rattle, which results in some drivers losing concentration on track, leading to losing the race to an off-roader like a Gypsy.

Quote:
Anna, don't you have anything else other than dragging in mind ? I am sure nitrous would have already read the rules to you, still here goes "tbhp does not endorse or encourage street racing of any kind".

And anyway, I do not drag against cars with top speeds of 100-110kmph. That would be grossly unfair because all it takes me to reach that speed is just 2 gears. What fun in dragging a car that chugs along at a max 100-odd kmsph, while at those speeds my car would just be warming up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari
i don't expect nitrous to retaliate to that coz he told me he will handle this in person when he meets biju
I just hope I dont run across nitrous on the road when he is in the DICOR or he will just run over my poor Baleno. I guess nitrous is just licking his wounds after his custom-Esteem got licked by the Gypsy. And waiting for the right time to strike back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks