Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 00:09   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
huh!!! are those the pics from avi's cam??? jeezz in that case avi's cam was high on after having the beer

raj.
My cam pictures are still in my pendrive and i am back from office just now, so imagine when i would get time to upload them. at least not in the next few days, until then, enjoy the ones posted by amit and true dreamer.
Old 10th April 2008, 07:02   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My cam pictures are still in my pendrive and i am back from office just now, so imagine when i would get time to upload them. at least not in the next few days, until then, enjoy the ones posted by amit and true dreamer.
give it to me , give to me.....
(If you dont plan to write / put some lines along the pics.)

raj.
Old 10th April 2008, 07:50   #138
BANNED

Wow! Nice pictures and reports guys.
I can see that you all had lots of fun and lived up to true TeamBHP spirits. The place you guys went to seems amazing. How far is it from Hyd? How's the road? As from the pics, it looks clean too.

The Dhaba story is indeed funny. FRIED FRANCE! YOGA CHICKEN! What on earth were they thinking? My goodness!
I'm sure there're more pics coming.

Thanks for sharing good detailed reports and pics with us. Looking forward for more.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:41   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Wow! Nice pictures and reports guys.
I can see that you all had lots of fun and lived up to true TeamBHP spirits. The place you guys went to seems amazing. How far is it from Hyd? How's the road? As from the pics, it looks clean too.

The Dhaba story is indeed funny. FRIED FRANCE! YOGA CHICKEN! What on earth were they thinking? My goodness!
I'm sure there're more pics coming.

Thanks for sharing good detailed reports and pics with us. Looking forward for more.
Hi Speedzak -

This place is about 160 odd kms from Hyd. Road was excellent. We have reports of guys zipping at 130 KMPH as well, though i seldom crossed 100 KMPH myself. But a steady 90 KMPH was easily attainable. There is 1 patch of bad roads (about 3 Kms total) once you hit the 100 KM on your Odometer out of Hyd. The best part of the drive was the hilly terrain that we had to cross to get the the Falls (Ettipotala). Driving time would be about 3 hours from the city (with a break and all). We did face a couple of bottlenecks when we had to cross a few small towns which had the Sunday Bazaar on in full swing. But all in all a good drive.

Cheers

A
Old 10th April 2008, 13:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
... The place you guys went to seems amazing. How far is it from Hyd? How's the road? As from the pics, it looks clean too.

zaaak, been hearing rumors that you have been kicked out of TVM and now we see you enquiring about places around hyderabad!!!!

(is the mallu mullah planning to find solace with other mallus in hyd???, sure you will find enough shoulders here )

dont miss that dhaba with yoga, internet and france .... lol

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 10th April 2008 at 13:36.
Old 10th April 2008, 15:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

forgot to narrate this really amusing incident.....on my way back, I was doing about 70-80 KPH and there was this guy on a hero honda CBZ rding right up my ***. now, i was a little apprehensive that if I have to brake suddenly, he will run into me- not something I want on a highway (or any other place for that matter) to happen. so I slowed down a couple of times to let him pass, but he would also slow down and owuld refuse to overtake me.

I even gave him a hand signal to overtake, but he just would not. the road condition, and fading light, did not enable me to speed up to open up a gap.

so i got an idea and manouvered the beast so tht his guy was on the rear right side of the truck. then, at 80 kph, I downshifted from fourth to third, which meant the revs rising beyond 2500 rpm, and a huge cloud of black diesel fart, bang on our rider's face.

now THAT stopped him for sure and all of a sudden he fell about 50 paces behind me with a bewildered look on his face (no, he was not wearing a helmet).
Old 10th April 2008, 21:45   #142
BHPian

Overrun Fuel cut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
forgot to narrate this really amusing incident.....on my way back, I was doing about 70-80 KPH and there was this guy on a hero honda CBZ rding right up my ***. now, i was a little apprehensive that if I have to brake suddenly, he will run into me- not something I want on a highway (or any other place for that matter) to happen. so I slowed down a couple of times to let him pass, but he would also slow down and owuld refuse to overtake me.

I even gave him a hand signal to overtake, but he just would not. the road condition, and fading light, did not enable me to speed up to open up a gap.

so i got an idea and manouvered the beast so tht his guy was on the rear right side of the truck. then, at 80 kph, I downshifted from fourth to third, which meant the revs rising beyond 2500 rpm, and a huge cloud of black diesel fart, bang on our rider's face.

now THAT stopped him for sure and all of a sudden he fell about 50 paces behind me with a bewildered look on his face (no, he was not wearing a helmet).
That was amusing man. I am wary of errant bikers everywhere, all the time. Esp at night in Hyderabad. But dosent modern diesels have a 'overrun fuel cut off'? I mean dosent fuel supply gets cut when u let go of accelerator and perform engine braking as u did when u downshifted? .. Just asking..
Old 10th April 2008, 22:43   #143
BHPian

lol its great fun to see these kind of people. On my return, myself in Xeta and another M800 were trying to overtake a DCM / Nissan or whatever Mini Lorry and that guy was not budging even an inch to the left or right on a 1 and half lane each side highway. This was after Ibrahimpatnam. It was like we both were flashing lights like mad and that guy was not even bothered and at last after about a km or two of tailgating, i was able to successfully undertake and then i took my own sweet time to let him get mad of his own behavior. I was not willing to go beyond 70 Kmph on the right and soon, the M800 followed and we made this guy go as low as 50 Kmph for a Km before we left our ways. Another thing i noticed was as soon as we try to undertake earlier, this fellow was steering a bit left so as to block us from going ahead and this really pi**ed me off. I made about 4 undertake attempts and succeeded in 5th due to mad autos with 8 passengers (yes 8 passengers and cyclists and other two wheelers).

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 10th April 2008 at 22:45.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:58   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
. But dosent modern diesels have a 'overrun fuel cut off'? I mean dosent fuel supply gets cut when u let go of accelerator and perform engine braking as u did when u downshifted? .. Just asking..

ummm.....who said anything about letting go of the accelerator
Old 11th April 2008, 11:05   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
we made this guy go as low as 50 Kmph for a Km before we left our ways.
Best thing to do to these **sholes who dont want to give space for overtaking! In fact when i used to drive in Kolkata, i used to stop in the middle of the road and start asking directions / act as if my bike stopped just for the heck of pissing off the Mini Bus drivers who used to drive very rashly to pick up passengers. Trust me they will not hit from behind no matter how much time you take to move , and then once they overtake you after lot of honking, you just come up to them again and show them the finger and take off! Dangerous but whole lot of fun specially with these types of drivers! Wouldnt recommend to any novice drivers!
Old 12th April 2008, 10:43   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
lol its great fun to see these kind of people. On my return, myself in Xeta and another M800 were trying to overtake a DCM / Nissan or whatever Mini Lorry and that guy was not budging even an inch to the left or right on a 1 and half lane each side highway. This was after Ibrahimpatnam. It was like we both were flashing lights like mad and that guy was not even bothered and at last after about a km or two of tailgating, i was able to successfully undertake and then i took my own sweet time to let him get mad of his own behavior. I was not willing to go beyond 70 Kmph on the right and soon, the M800 followed and we made this guy go as low as 50 Kmph for a Km before we left our ways. Another thing i noticed was as soon as we try to undertake earlier, this fellow was steering a bit left so as to block us from going ahead and this really pi**ed me off. I made about 4 undertake attempts and succeeded in 5th due to mad autos with 8 passengers (yes 8 passengers and cyclists and other two wheelers).
This is a new one on me. What is undertake? Did you mean overtake?
Old 12th April 2008, 11:38   #147
Senior - BHPian

avi, pics??
Quote:
Well its the shortened version of saying ' undertaking an overtaking'
Old 12th April 2008, 17:12   #148
BHPian

Overtaking from the left (here in India) is undertaking.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki Undertaking (driving)

Undertaking refers to the practice of overtaking (passing) a slower vehicle on the road using the lane that is kerb side of the vehicle being passed, that is to say a lane to the left of the vehicle in countries where driving is on the left or a lane to the right of the vehicle in countries where driving is on the right. The practice of undertaking, therefore, may only usually occur on a motorway or other road where there is more than one lane in the same direction.
Overtaking from the left (here in India) is undertaking.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
you just come up to them again and show them the finger and take off! Dangerous but whole lot of fun specially with these types of drivers! Wouldnt recommend to any novice drivers!
good. Who defines a relative term 'novice'?
Old 12th April 2008, 21:07   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Hyd Tbhian's

It's been over 3 monhs now since we had a tbhp meet ( last being the vikarabad drive in Dec'07)

Let's throw out some ideas for a drive-cum-meet this month.

Some dates we can consider in April are :

5th/6th/7th

OR

12th/13th

OR

19th/20th

Drive-cum-meet destination : Srisailam ( 450kms) / Nagarjunsagar ( 320 kms)

Please let us the confirmations and ideas flow in.

Cheers
Avinash

Darn! I so so missed this post and lost a golden opportunity to meet all you wonderful guys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks