Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 17:23   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Before the photos, here's the story behind the 'Dhaba' Pit stop.

Thanks to the hot sunny weather, we were all thirsty to the core! So first pit stop was @ the Vijay Vihar Complex (APTDC). Obvious order was chilled Beer (except for the teetotallers). However we got so engrossed with the drinks / snacks and the topics (ranging from Alloys to Car Modifications to Road Trips to Taxes to Politics) that the food got over @ 3 PM (I'm not sure how many people they prepare lunch for on a weekend?). So next best option was to head out to the next available Dhaba. I did see some of the guys stopping outside the Water Filtration Plant ( think someone mistook it for a Restaurant or something.). But we managed to find one named 'Rangeela Dhaba' serving 'Indian, Chinees and Tandoori'. The USP of this place is the menu where you get various new food items 'Yoga Chicken (Do they make the chicken do the Yoga prior to cooking it, or do they make you do Yoga prior to eating it ), Internet Chicken (Not sure if you can order it online though ), Chicken Magistic (Welcome to the Magical world of Walt Disney ), Loose France (I wonder if they serve tight france also ), Fried France (Boiled? ), Buton (In case you lose one on your pants you can order one ) , Eg Rost (Not sure what they 'Rost' here )' etc.

I got so motivated by the menu that i added another item to their menu 'Hitec Parantha'.

I'm sure some one must have ordered it post our leaving.

Strange thing was that there were no prices on the menu! Guess they bill you as per the Car size.

But anyways the food was good, the only problem was the SCM (Supply Chain Management). When we had Roti's on our plate, there was no curry and vice versa. So order in advance if you wanna eat in peace. This place was packed to the brim @ 6 PM.

So now that everyone has read the story, here are the pics. BTW what you see can be deceiving (Refer to Last pic) so dont ask me what was happening here!

Cheers......
Holy Spirits man!

Looking at those bottles.... Is that much u guys drank? and it went with those wierdy named food items.

hmmm... I can Imagine
Old 8th April 2008, 17:25   #122
BHPian

Why number smudge?

Why did u guys smudge the registration plates?
Old 8th April 2008, 17:33   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Holy Spirits man!

Looking at those bottles.... Is that much u guys drank? and it went with those wierdy named food items.

hmmm... I can Imagine
I'm sure we would have managed to drink that much if we had kind of done an overnite trip! I think we managed about 16 - 18 odd bottles of beer....We'll have to ask the sober ones to tell us since we were certainly not counting!
Old 8th April 2008, 19:06   #124
BHPian

Be safe than sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Why did u guys smudge the registration plates?
Privacy is most important especially in a forum like Team-Bhp where everything is available to Google and other search engines and there are crooks on prowl who want to get hold of your identity and stuff. Its better to be safe than later

I would say you better hide the ### from your ### plate in the pics.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 8th April 2008 at 19:11.
Old 8th April 2008, 20:42   #125
Senior - BHPian

Wow, great meet there. Sorry guys, some unplanned tasks and had to skip the meet.
Did you guys come up with any plans for the next meet?
Old 8th April 2008, 20:51   #126
BHPian

Avinash had great expectations that you would be coming. You missed it dude. I don't think there were any plans about next meet by the time i left (4 PM).
Old 8th April 2008, 22:07   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

TBHP Meet-cum-Drive-April 6th- Detailed Report

Sorry folks, i had been extremely busy ever since we came back from the drive and on top of it my internet connection at home was on the blink. Here is the detailed report of our drive, hope you will enjoy the report.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Whew, we are back from the much awaited drive to Nagarjunsagar and it was fantastic, fabulous and a stupendous success to say the least. If we compare it with the last drive to the same destination, the turnout was slightly lower as people who confirmed didn't turn-up or they just posted a non-affirmative.

The good part though was a few took the effort to at least make it to the meeting point and catch up with all of us but did not join up for the long drive. So thanks to Btirthankar, rockstarraghu, maverick236 for showing up at the meeting point and seeing us off.

As usual the meet time was supposed to be 8:00AM and quite unusually i was up and ready by 7:00am, i still get surprised at myself for making this happen for each and every tbhp meet. And, if you ask me to make it for any other reason (including official), it requires a humongous effort to be punctual. I was waiting for a couple of my friends (Vijayraj and Mitesh) to meet me at my home and they promptly (or is it un-promptly, as 8:00am we were supposed to be at the meeting point) turned up at 8:00AM. During this waiting period outside my home, I got calls from Nag, bthirthankar, himanshu either asking for direction to the meeting point or to confirm if we reached the venue.

I was waiting for rider60 who incidentally stays a few lanes away from my home and he turned up leisurely at 8:15am and the two bloody red viva's headed out and after a brief fuel and air pressure stop made it to the meeting point at 8:30am. We found that Himanshu, btirthankar, rockster,maveric, theodre, mrs.theodre and their friend Rajesh already waiting. Theodre came to the meet in true spirit of a weekend drive/getaway clad in nice shorts and t-shirt.

We waited for some more people to join and then finally headed out at 9:15AM. Here is the list of final rides, people, actual names et all.

Himanshugoswami + Wife + Daughter ( Tata Safari)
Mobike008 (Avinash) + Vijayraj + Mitesh ( Viva CRDI)
Theodre ( Amit) + Mrs. Theodre + Rajesh ( Maruti Zen)
RIder60 ( Yashraj) ( Viva CRDI)
Visu03 ( Visram) (Spanking new Cedia Sports)
Windsurfer (Shiva) (Riding with Visu03 in the cedia)
Nagivasireddy (Fiesta TDCI)
Truedreamer (Vijay) + 4 friends ( Indica Xeta)

Satishappasani, we missed you man; you never turned up nor called to say you were not making it for this drive.

I lead the way out of the city with all other on my tail; we made our way through the sparse traffic until we hit the highway and as soon as we got onto the highway, everybody let loose. We were doing pretty good speeds ranging from 100kmph to 150kmph (maximum that I touched) and since I had no competition from the Cedia (Since it’s in running in period) I was out much ahead of the pack for 90% of the drive with the other viva crdi following hot on my tail.

Tata safari too was never far behind and every 15-20 minutes he would be really close-in and then I take off to create a huge gap again. We stopped once at 50km mark for de-fueling (don’t ask me what it means ) and take some pictures of the cars and the scenery around us and we headed out again. After this point there were no stops and we drove straight to Nsgar dam. We all stopped at the beginning of the dam and waited up for the Xeta that was loaded with 5 people. Even this car was in running in period, probably that explains their crawling speed.

We had reached Nsagar at 12:15pm (160 Kms in about 3 hours with one 30-minute stop) after we re-grouped, we decided to head out straight to Ethipothala falls. Though i visited Nsgar dam several times before, I never thought of visiting these falls. And, boy! Am I glad that I did during this drive? It was a 26Km drive from the Nsgar Dam and it was an extremely pleasurable drive as the roads are beautiful black-tops and snaky like an anaconda with hilly and green terrain all around us.

Just before Ethipothala falls we had to pay a toll of Rs.10 per head and Rs.15 per head as entrance fee to the falls. As we enter inside we see beautiful park with swings all around us and lots of benches to sit and relax in this green, tree-filled environs. Straight ahead is a semi-circle railing and we will see this amazing falls.

We could hear that gushing sound of the water and we could even go down very close to the falls but, as it we were hot, humid, parched and no experience in hepthalon, we decided to let it go and more importantly, our thoughts were constantly lingering on cold beer and snacks.

At around 1:45pm, after taking several rounds of pictures, we could wait no more and decided to head straight to the A.P Tourism resort “VIJAY VIHAR" which is an extremely nice, green, overlooking the water, resort property. We made a beeline to the bar and restaurant which was on the 1st floor and the food section in ground floor (so in-convenient!).

We (excluding truedreamer and his band of boys who were teetotalers) were about 13-14 in total head count including 9 alcoholic heads. We ordered for lots of chilled beer and several rounds of heavenly snacks which included Fish Fry ( awesome stuff), chilly chicken, chicken 65, finger chips, onion pakoda ( they took helluva time to get this one).

We knew that restaurant in the ground floor would close at 3:00pm and we coaxed him to keep it open till 4:00pm but when we were done with our beers (I think we had 18 bottles in total) and snacks at 3:30pm the food was over. However, they were kind enough to offer to prepare fresh food but we had to wait 30 minutes.

We decided against it and thought we can grab something to eat at a dhaba on the highway (what a mistake that was) and we headed out.
I picked up 6 KF's to keep us company till we find a dhaba and thank god i did that as for another 50kms we didn't find one and they were distributed on the run to the other cars and when we did find a dhaba, look at the sound of this one ( Rangeela Dhaba) it was overflowing with heavy duty drinking population and practically it looked like a museum of alcohol unlimited ( loads and loads of empty bottles strategically stored all over the place to make lovers of alcohol feel at home )

Anyways, it was close to 5pm and we sat down to order the food, we found that their menu was as unique as their interior decoration, we were flabbergasted to see 3 long pages of menu hand-written and no pricing for any of the dish, possibly it depends on which car you get down from and we got to see some unique dishes like YOGA CHICKEN & INTERNET CHICKEN, we weren't in an experimentation mood so basically stuck to ( Butter Chicken, Kadai Chicken, Dal, Panner Butter Masala, lots of egg burji and roti).

Though the food was quite good, the funny part was when they served the rotis, the dishes were not served yet and when the dishes came we had just finished the roti ( imagine eating just the roti with no curry) so this "Silsila "continued for another round until one of our guys blasted him with choicest of local flavored language to ensure that roti and curries came together.

After being half-sated, we decided to move out at 6pm and waved off byes at this point as we wanted to head out as quickly as possible (remember, we are still 110 Kms away from the city) and we moved out and it was an almost un-eventful drive back (reached home at 7:50pm) except for one close shave that i had.

After moving out from the dhaba, I was driving in a relaxed mood at 110kmp or so when suddenly out-of-the-blue couples of small kids darted out on the road from the right side and were blindly running across the road.

I was completely panic stricken and i did something that i decided in that split second and perhaps would not have ever done, is to increase the speed and took off from the left side, getting down on to the left shoulder and then back on the road ( even as the boys are running across the road from right to left) and we missed them and my car kind of spun out of control for a brief moment but instantly decreasing speed and pumping the brakes slightly made it come back in the straight line.

Whew! I and my two friends were shaking for a few minutes and then I decided, to hell with speeding, we cruised leisurely at 80-100kmph all through and to deaden the jolt, we stopped briefly again and picked up a few more beers and gulped it down happily till we reached home safely.

To say that this drive-cum-meet was an eventful, wonderful, pleasurable, intoxicating, pulsating,successful,thumping and least but not the last memorable would be a grossly understated statement.

Thanks for making it guys and my best wishes to all the other hyd folks who missed out on this drive and are wringing their fingers, pounding their head on the walls and cursing themselves for not making it,

Au Reviour!
Avinash

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th April 2008 at 22:14.
Old 9th April 2008, 08:18   #128
Senior - BHPian

Avi, i guess you forgot to add that your cam also had beer

nice report buddy. but report without pics is incomplete. Are still struggling with your cam not connecting to PC?
Old 9th April 2008, 08:25   #129
BHPian

Pics are on Page 7 (April 2008- Hyderbad TBHP Meet- Ideas?) and Page8 (April 2008- Hyderbad TBHP Meet- Ideas?)
Old 9th April 2008, 09:25   #130
BHPian

Pictures I can understand, But how does one misuse the number?
Old 9th April 2008, 09:27   #131
BHPian

Numbers can be taken down and you can be traced easy and other issues would be followed next.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:49   #132
BHPian

Great Meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sorry folks, i had been extremely busy ever since we came back from the drive and on top of it my internet connection at home was on the blink. Here is the detailed report of our drive, hope you will enjoy the report.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for making it guys and my best wishes to all the other hyd folks who missed out on this drive and are wringing their fingers, pounding their head on the walls and cursing themselves for not making it,

Au Reviour!
Avinash
Good one.....Even though i have taken several car trips (Mostly Weekend Breaks from Gurgaon/Delhi/Bangalore) to various places like Jaipur,Agra,Manali,Mussourie,Rishikesh,Haridwar,La nsdowne,Mysore,Ooty,Mangalore,Udupi etc, this was one trip that was totally different since they were multiple cars and loads of new people to meet. One good thing was that all of us were on the same wavelength (As in we love cars and driving them!) so that made things much easier to gel along. Of course various other common topics did come up like movies,politics,homes etc. The only thing i felt missing was the publicity that we could have got from doing this sort of an activity. Next time i suggest we all get TEAM-BHP T-Shirts / Caps and Stickers on our cars so that the others come to know about us! Probably get some banners printed saying "TEAM-BHP MEET" as well to put once we land at our destination so that we get noticed more.After all who wouldnt like to have their cars/mods shown off!

But all in all a great meet, and i would agree with Mobike008 when he said that the no shows would be "wringing their fingers, pounding their head on the walls and cursing themselves for not making it". If i was one of them i certainly would be! <No offense to the guys who couldnt make it due to personal/genuine reasons>.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Wow, great meet there. Sorry guys, some unplanned tasks and had to skip the meet.
Did you guys come up with any plans for the next meet?

well i am looking forward to a meet this june(2008), may be a long drive and would start this thread a month in advance and i want everyone to come this time around and no excuses please, people please do attend this meet-come drive!.

well this sagar meet i really missed a lot of other buddies whom i met last vikarabad and sagar meet! i hope for the next meet all the new and senior bhpians make it to the meet!
Old 9th April 2008, 12:05   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well i am looking forward to a meet this june(2008), may be a long drive and would start this thread a month in advance and i want everyone to come this time around and no excuses please, people please do attend this meet-come drive!.

well this sagar meet i really missed a lot of other buddies whom i met last vikarabad and sagar meet! i hope for the next meet all the new and senior bhpians make it to the meet!
Maybe an overnite would be a good idea..

It will give us a chance to take a break from the driving and relax a bit as well.

Car pooling should also be encouraged for some of the obvious reasons.

Not too sure about the places that we can goto but we can decide that once we start the thread on the next meet!
Old 9th April 2008, 12:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Avi, i guess you forgot to add that your cam also had beer

nice report buddy. but report without pics is incomplete. Are still struggling with your cam not connecting to PC?
huh!!! are those the pics from avi's cam??? jeezz in that case avi's cam was high on after having the beer

raj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks