Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which date would you prefer to have the drive on?
18th May? 46 55.42%
25th May? 51 61.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2008, 17:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am out of the country, from some time next week, for two weeks (hopefully!!!). So my vote had gone for the 25th.

I hope I can make it back by then! (fingers crossed!)
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:28   #32

Unfortunately out for the entire month, I hope to join in next time.

Enjoy Guys
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:31   #33
BHPian

This is gonna be fun for sure ..i am game for it
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Bombat, you can get your wife & kids along...
I am saying that on based on posts from previous meets
Old 4th May 2008, 00:22   #35
BHPian

hi thanz Mc Laren 1885 for ur invite, would defenitely try to be present in the meet.
what is the cost/per person /per car..... where is to be paid....

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (thanz = thanks, dat = that, etc), and please use proper punctuation (not..dots..like..this).

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2008 at 02:53. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 4th May 2008, 08:24   #36
BHPian

Thanks for the invite McLaren, sadly I can't make it as I am abroad.
You guys enjoy. I will surely make it to the next meet when I am in Bangalore.

And I really appreciate your efforts here. I know it takes some work to set things up for such meets.
Old 4th May 2008, 09:37   #37
BHPian

thanks for the invite, i can make it on 18 not sure about 25..
Old 4th May 2008, 12:29   #38
BHPian

Thanks Rahul,
I am in for either days.

Looking forward for my first TBHP trip.

cheers:
Old 4th May 2008, 14:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sorry mate, working on both the weekends so cant make it! But thanks a lot for the invite and will make sure I can make it to the next trip.

Hope you guys will have fun and enjoy!!

Safe driving

Abhi
Old 4th May 2008, 18:51   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
1. Find a better place than before. Food was just about palatable,last time. Not worth the money paid.
The only problem with this is that, I have checked with almost every resort in Yelagiri. None have the kind of parking space required for the number of cars we go in. Also almost all resorts have indoor rooms that can accomodate 50+ people and nothing outdoors is what I am told. However I think the resort we went to last time had ample parking space and the place where we lunched was fabulously spacious as well.

As far as the food is considered, please do consider that we have very limited choices since we are not in a metro. Also most members I took a feedback from were of the opinion that the food was not at all as bad as you have made it out to be (again its personal choice). Atleast the couple of BHPians I met recently who attended the meet told me they were more than comfortable with the previous destination and the food served there.

Yet, I will look around and see if we can find a better place.

Quote:
2. I'd like my fellow BHPians to drink cold beer and cold drinks.Cold being the operative word here.Poor fellows ,last time had to drink warm beer and i felt really bad. With a scale of around 50-75 persons joining for the meet, this could be worked out.
The only reason I made it very clear that one has to carry their own booze is that the people at these resorts stock very limited booze (in numbers and varieties). They have to be intimated in advance the number of beers, whiskies, rums etc we need. Besides, keeping a tab on the drinks consumed is a lot more difficult and working out the costs each member has to pay even more tidious work (since some are tea-totallers while others drink very less compared to the rest and often hesitate to split the bills equally). To make things easier we either need members who have confirmed to tell what drinks they need and what quantity and also pay up the money in advance so that these drinks are ordered for and kept in the fridge for atleast 5hrs. Do realize that organizing such a meet will mean paying 50% advance money to the resorts to get the food made/drinks ordered. So confirmed numbers play a vital role. As we cannot afford to order buffet for 50 people and have just 30 people turn up. Who is going to bear the costs for the missing 20?
Quote:
3.Team-BHP ID name tags for everyone attending.
DONE! Will be taken care of. This has now become a standard of most bangy meets.
Old 4th May 2008, 19:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Points to consider to have a better experience than last time:
1. Find a better place than before. Food was just about palatable,last time. Not worth the money paid.
2. I'd like my fellow BHPians to drink cold beer and cold drinks.Cold being the operative word here.Poor fellows ,last time had to drink warm beer and i felt really bad.
With a scale of around 50-75 persons joining for the meet, this could be worked out.
3.Team-BHP ID name tags for everyone attending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The only problem with this is that, I have checked with almost every resort in Yelagiri. None have the kind of parking space required for the number of cars we go in. Also almost all resorts have indoor rooms that can accomodate 50+ people and nothing outdoors is what I am told. However I think the resort we went to last time had ample parking space and the place where we lunched was fabulously spacious as well.

As far as the food is considered, please do consider that we have very limited choices since we are not in a metro. Also most members I took a feedback from were of the opinion that the food was not at all as bad as you have made it out to be (again its personal choice). Atleast the couple of BHPians I met recently who attended the meet told me they were more than comfortable with the previous destination and the food served there.

Yet, I will look around and see if we can find a better place.

The only reason I made it very clear that one has to carry their own booze is that the people at these resorts stock very limited booze (in numbers and varieties). They have to be intimated in advance the number of beers, whiskies, rums etc we need. Besides, keeping a tab on the drinks consumed is a lot more difficult and working out the costs each member has to pay even more tidious work (since some are tea-totallers while others drink very less compared to the rest and often hesitate to split the bills equally). To make things easier we either need members who have confirmed to tell what drinks they need and what quantity and also pay up the money in advance so that these drinks are ordered for and kept in the fridge for atleast 5hrs. Do realize that organizing such a meet will mean paying 50% advance money to the resorts to get the food made/drinks ordered. So confirmed numbers play a vital role. As we cannot afford to order buffet for 50 people and have just 30 people turn up. Who is going to bear the costs for the missing 20?

DONE! Will be taken care of. This has now become a standard of most bangy meets.

1. The objective of the meet is to meet our friends and share ideas..not food!

2. We could also ask our Bangy friends to get beer / booze by the crates as we do in our off road sessions. If anyone has an ICEBOX..booze stays pretty cold for more than 5 hours in that. This way the complexity of ordering booze at the location is ruled out..only request - please dont start drinking before you reach your destination.

3. LOL nitrous, you feeling bad because your friends had warm beer..

4. We could also get ICE CUBES to use at location..but this works better only for anything else but BEER.

Anyways..looking forward to meet you fellas.
Old 4th May 2008, 20:11   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
1. The objective of the meet is to meet our friends and share ideas..not food!
Not to mention the DRIVE .

Quote:
2. We could also ask our Bangy friends to get beer / booze by the crates as we do in our off road sessions. If anyone has an ICEBOX..booze stays pretty cold for more than 5 hours in that. This way the complexity of ordering booze at the location is ruled out..only request - please dont start drinking before you reach your destination.
I thought of that. But I cant remember any BHPian having a cooler/ice box except Chandan. And he is not traceable.
Old 4th May 2008, 20:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

I thought of that. But I cant remember any BHPian having a cooler/ice box except Chandan. And he is not traceable.[/quote]

MCL..you could always pick one up..they are not expensive!!
Old 4th May 2008, 20:25   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

If ROC is coming, his front seat is reserved for me
Old 4th May 2008, 20:58   #45
BHPian

I am in for either dates...(though i voted for 18th )
by the way is this going to be the family outing our "guys only" outing?

Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks