Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Safari owners which region are you from?
NORTH 9 18.00%
SOUTH 26 52.00%
EAST 4 8.00%
WEST 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 17:28   #1
BHPian

T-BHP SAFARI MEET 08 - Calling all boys with big toys!

OBJECTIVE OF THREAD:

To plan and execute a Drive of all the T-BHP Safari Owners to a central location in India [Hopefully not more than 600 kms from any of the participating members Home town.]

Families should be included. Pets allowed, basically no rules here. Who ever you get along is fine except they should be in a "SAFARI". This is a for Safari owners by Safari owners trip so guys please go ahead and bring in those suggestions. We'll do a milestone update every week or bi-weekly depending on the amount of responses and close down to few places do a POLL if required.

DATE: To be decided [October 08 should be a good time, consider time in planning, implementing, holidays etc and also all the reasons for not coming should get exhausted in 2 months at least, exact date would be decided as this thread rolls.]

PLACE: To be decided [As suggested from another post 600 kms is doable for a Safari owner with ease so I guess we can narrow it down to a suitable location depending on average distance to be covered by all of us for that location. "GOA" suitable candidate] should obviously be a Resort or Hotel (with huge parking space). Actually this can be worked out after we get some numbers on the board.

DURATION: To be decided [A drive of 600 kms surely warrants a stay of 4-5 days]

AGENDA: Basically to have fun together! [Well, we'd have a cool agenda for a day or 2 and plan something to interact also a small tour of the place we visit etc]

Now the important stuff, as a Safari Owner you are morally obligated to contribute to this thread by 1st Participation 2nd Making suggestion that is practical for all (4X4’s please leave the forests and mountain off-roads alone we will not hit the mud tracks here unless it’s a small patch )

So here it is…. pour in those suggestions!
Old 16th July 2008, 18:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seems Goa would be the best bet.
Old 16th July 2008, 18:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Seems Goa would be the best bet.
You said it JK!

Please try and give your preference for all the highlighted points so that we can summarise end of week with others responses.

54 Views and 1 post in 30 minutes : Posts required!

Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 18:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

And what a sight that will be!! I would love to hitch a ride!!

PS :I realise its a Safari Meet - but still don't you think this should be in the MEET section??
Old 16th July 2008, 19:41   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
IMHO, everything sounds fine except the duration you have mentioned. I'd say anything beyond 3 days is overkill. Something over a weekend would be ideal - over an extended weekend, perfect.

On the 3rd day, everybody will be busy logging onto Team-BHP to give reports / check if their pictures have been uploaded
Old 16th July 2008, 19:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

1300 kms from Chennai to Goa. Im gonna think about it.
Old 16th July 2008, 20:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
IMHO, everything sounds fine except the duration you have mentioned. I'd say anything beyond 3 days is overkill. Something over a weekend would be ideal - over an extended weekend, perfect.

On the 3rd day, everybody will be busy logging onto Team-BHP to give reports / check if their pictures have been uploaded
Absolutely! We can start by closing on the weekend which can be extended. If people want to stay on its their choice. Weekend is a must though you are right.
Old 16th July 2008, 20:02   #8
BHPian

A very fine idea but the only safari part seems a little selfish.
Atleast can we make it for all SUVs???
I don't think that will hurt but actually get more people involved.
Though I don't personely own a safari but there is one in the family but still think alowing all SUVs to going in would be great.

Best place to meet would be either whichever town is the centre of india or the capital.

And actually two months notice period seems too long. A months notice seems more than sufficient. As I don't think most of us have even planned two month ahead.

Last edited by CR-V : 16th July 2008 at 20:03.
Old 16th July 2008, 20:23   #9
BHPian

How about making this a team-bhp meet at a central place rather than just a Safari meet.

Goa - Every member who can make it driving down in their car.
Old 16th July 2008, 20:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Jude dude, i think we should take suggestions from all Safari owners from east, west, south and north.

Then we can take a call where to meet up, instead of just sticking on to one place.

once we get idea on different places in next 2-3days we shall keep a pole and then we will decide on other parts.

What Say ???????????

@ CR-V - Jude should we add on SUV's other than the Safari

Last edited by gowda79 : 16th July 2008 at 20:46.
Old 16th July 2008, 21:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

I am all for it, already feeling the Itch.

Quote:
OBJECTIVE OF THREAD:

To plan and execute a Drive of all the T-BHP Safari Owners to a central location in India [Hopefully not more than 600 kms from any of the participating members Home town.]

Families should be included. Pets allowed, basically no rules here. Who ever you get along is fine except they should be in a "SAFARI". This is a for Safari owners by Safari owners trip so guys please go ahead and bring in those suggestions.
We should also look at extended weekends, by selecting a weekend which has an Official gazette holiday attached to it. Some people might not be able to take many off's.

Quote:
DATE: To be decided [October 08 should be a good time, consider time in planning, implementing, holidays etc and also all the reasons for not coming should get exhausted in 2 months at least, exact date would be
decided as this thread rolls.]
We should select a location which covers max cities in a circumference, that way we will have more participants. Not too much towards the north or south. GOA seems like the best option as of now.

Quote:
PLACE: To be decided [As suggested from another post 600 kms is doable for a Safari owner with ease so I guess we can narrow it down to a suitable location depending on average distance to be covered by all of us for that location. "GOA" suitable candidate] should obviously be a Resort or Hotel (with huge parking space). Actually this can be worked out after we get some numbers on the board.
Total stay, including driving time for 5 days seems fine.

Quote:

AGENDA: Basically to have fun together! [Well, we'd have a cool agenda for a day or 2 and plan something to interact also a small tour of the place we visit etc]
Let the suggestions pour.
Old 16th July 2008, 22:03   #12
BHPian

Goa seems to be a nice option for me....

But,I have never been to Goa before.
Old 16th July 2008, 22:22   #13
BHPian

Guys make this a regional meet! Although if Goa i can see nc1bad licking his lips. He's got the hottest looking safari in town!
Old 16th July 2008, 22:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Neither I own a safari nor I will be able to attend the meet. I feel the only safari thing doesn't make me feel @ home @ team-bhp. (Make it at least SUV/MUV/UV/4x4 meet)

I agree with Rohan, more than any thing make it a National Meet!!!

-just my 0.02/-

Just FYI (for your Information) few team-bhpians from different parts of the country are planning a Goa trip in August. Rohan be prepared!!! (heard from mobike008, that you are a very good host)

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 16th July 2008 at 22:28.
Old 16th July 2008, 23:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Neither I own a safari nor I will be able to attend the meet. I feel the only safari thing doesn't make me feel @ home @ team-bhp. (Make it at least SUV/MUV/UV/4x4 meet)

I agree with Rohan, more than any thing make it a National Meet!!!

-just my 0.02/-

Just FYI (for your Information) few team-bhpians from different parts of the country are planning a Goa trip in August. Rohan be prepared!!! (heard from mobike008, that you are a very good host)

raj.
Where are the Scorpio Guys? Kidding Guys but Phew ! to me it sounds too narrow. Definitely National Meet was doing the rounds and even i too concur with some of the folks that it is a better and healthy idea.
Anyways! dont want to stay away from the topic to be cussed by you guys and get a . Have fun and chill

Alto Folks Lets go !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks