Weekend of Oct 18 & 19 4 17.39%
Others (Please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 14:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hope we get to see your Scorp and also the whole Mallu gang at Yercaud.
Yeah, Biju is bored stiff loosing and being forced to put on a smile after that! Come on all Mallu gang, Biju feels alone.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Guys,

I took the liberty of copying and creating a new thread from Shekaran's post in the Pondi meet thread.
@Shekaran: Hope you dont mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
This seems very very interesting!!!

Very good home work Patchyboy. Neat and complete presentation. Keep it up!
Quote:
Not to take anything away from PatchyBoy's initiative and interest, but the writeup and stuff in Post-1 is courtesy our Pondicherry member Shekaran.
Exactly. Shekaran deserves all the credit for the homework. All I did was to copy his post and start a new thread. The only effort from my side was to remove the formatting tags that Shekaran's post had.

I have started talking to various resorts in Yercaud and am trying to gather info on capacity, availablity and costs. Will post details as soon as I have them. I am also trying to push for any possible discounts.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 4th September 2008, 19:05   #33
BHPian

Possible accomodation in Yercaud

Guys,

Here is a list of possible accomodation in Yercaud. The list is in the order of rating on HolidayIQ.com.

Would appreciate if you are able to take a look at the website of these places and indicate preference.

Name:  yercaud hotels.bmp
Views: 534
Size:  298.7 KB

The min. max values indicated are tariff for 2 adults per day.

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 4th September 2008 at 19:06.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

We had stayed at TTDC some 2 years ago and the rooms were crap. Unless they renovated the whole place since then (which I seriously doubt), we should just ignore that option. Also food was not good there. But, it is the closest accomodation to the lake.

We checked out Hotel Shevaroy when we were exploring the place and it looked good and economical, with restaurants and stuff. I would vote for that.
Old 4th September 2008, 21:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We checked out Hotel Shevaroy when we were exploring the place and it looked good and economical, with restaurants and stuff. I would vote for that.
I agree with you Biju.

I have stayed at Shevaroy twice and the rooms are clean and comfy. The food is good too. The service is good and staff and very friendly and helpful.

P.S. They arrange campfire/bonfire in the evening on the lawn with drinks and dinner upon request.

Have fun guys.
Old 4th September 2008, 23:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi
P.S. They arrange campfire/bonfire in the evening on the lawn with drinks and dinner upon request.
Two BHPian recommendations. And bonfire.
We should stay there just for this,guys!
Lets zero in on Shevaroy.
Old 5th September 2008, 08:53   #37
BHPian

I have stayed in Shevaroys too and its indeed a nice place .
Old 5th September 2008, 10:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Shevaroys is crowded most of the time. IMO, best place for a gettogether will be Hotel Grand Palace. Nice valley view from room and ample parking space and the highest located in Yercaud.

You can always plan a lunch / dinner at Shevaroys. The food is good there.

Abhi
Old 5th September 2008, 10:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Rajan,
Anything is OK withme. Yes, I would prefer a Bonfire with drinks. Pls pm me after bookings.
Old 5th September 2008, 10:42   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

How about this?
Grange resorts yercaud India,Resorts India, Grange Resort Yercaud india,Swimming pool, Children play,Grange resorts yercaud tamilnadu india, Tamilnadu resorts, yercaud resorts

They have a ATV facility too. Should be awesome fun.
Grange resorts yercaud India,Resorts India, Grange Resort Yercaud india,Swimming pool, Children play,Grange resorts yercaud tamilnadu india, Tamilnadu resorts, yercaud resorts

And the tariffs are pretty reasonable as well.
Old 5th September 2008, 10:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

I had stayed in Grange resorts a couple of years back when I was in Bangalore, the highlight of the trip was a Bison which decided to walk through us while we were chatting early in the morning, Scary stuff, you dont know how they would react if it assumes we are in its path rather than the other way. It used to be a decent place, its part of the Grange Castle property which used to be the collector's bungalow in the bygone era. The cottages are spread out with open spaces, hence giving you an opportunity to move around comfortably. Then it had a pool which was not in usable condition not sure of the status now.
Old 5th September 2008, 19:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Hey Aditya, where is the lawn at Shevaroy ? I did see a reasonably big parking lot at the front of the hotel. Is the lawn at the rear of the hotel or something ? We did not actually go in and check out the hotel. Just went till the reception.

Also, for the off-roaders/jeepers, there are some good trails there. Atleast the roads were like that when we were there some 2 years ago. We were out exploring the place and driving towards the Servarayan temple and after some kms, the roads were just bad. Since the Baleno could not do it, had to turn back. Should be worth checking out for the guys with Gypsy/Jeeps.

And for those that like trekking, there is opportunity for that also. Just from near the lake, there is a trekking trail to some falls (Killiyur or something). After a few kms you reach a kind of platform from where there is a nice view - till here you can get your cars. After that there is a trek to the actual source of the falls.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Aditya, where is the lawn at Shevaroy ?
The lawn is just after the reception area when you walk towards the rooms. This is just opposite to the bar inside the hotel.
Old 6th September 2008, 11:22   #44
BANNED

Nice one PatchyBoy. I think I can make it anytime after the first week of Oct. Let get a not too posh place so that we can feel at home .. , campfire and booze to complete the picture
Old 6th September 2008, 12:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Manoj, maybe you could start planning by end-Sep and then it won't be too far away.
Hope we get to see your Scorp and also the whole Mallu gang at Yercaud.
good idea biju. Our master organiser is in dbx :-( .

First week of Oct will be ideal as Friday is the only working day in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks