Weekend of Oct 18 & 19 4 17.39%
Others (Please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 12:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Since the Baleno could not do it, had to turn back.
Hi, you actually thought of taking your car on THAT road!
Old 8th September 2008, 09:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Hi, you actually thought of taking your car on THAT road!
Well, I did not have any idea that the roads would be so bad. And finally, it took quite some effort to turn back because the road was not only bad, but it was also sloping down steeply and not wide enough to reverse the car. Somehow managed to turn the car around.
Old 8th September 2008, 09:38   #48
BHPian

Guys try STAR Holidays Inc.Star Holidays & Resorts - Yercaud Place is decent and cottages are built on a slope with children playing area etc.It is very much near to lake. I went 3 weeks back. I got is booked through make my trip . Check my travel log.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 8th September 2008 at 09:55.
Old 8th September 2008, 10:04   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
mansidea : First week of Oct will be ideal as Friday is the only working day in between.
So is second week - Thursday is again a holiday, with just the friday that's playing spoilsport.

But this will also mean that we need to do our bookings soon.
Old 8th September 2008, 10:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from kkr2k2 (Hyd) yesterday enquiring about this meet and where Yercaud is located and stuff. But I guess Yercaud is too far for the Hyderabad guys to drive over (and back) for
I didnt intend to say that i would like to drive down!

What i have in my mind is that, if any of the chennai annas is leaving on saturday morning and would be kind enough on yours truly and wait for me at chennai central to pick me up, that would be great. And also if someone is leaving from yercaud on sunday afternoon and drop me at chennai central by evening so that i can catch a train to hyd(i know i am asking too much)

OR

I have to find out whether there is any connecting train between hyderabad and salem(atleast) and take a bus or some taxi and meet up with you guys in yercaud (if i can be at yercaud before noon) and i get a train back also or i get a ride back to chennai on sunday afternoon so that i can take a train to hyd.

PS: Keep me in the may be list as of now.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 8th September 2008 at 10:47. Reason: PS
Old 8th September 2008, 14:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

What i have in my mind is that, if any of the chennai annas is leaving on saturday morning and would be kind enough on yours truly and wait for me at chennai central to pick me up, that would be great. And also if someone is leaving from yercaud on sunday afternoon and drop me at chennai central by evening so that i can catch a train to hyd(i know i am asking too much)

gREAT, Are you the only one or are more Hyd guys joining in. It would be fun if you guys can make it too!!
Old 8th September 2008, 17:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

I have to find out whether there is any connecting train between hyderabad and salem(atleast) and take a bus or some taxi and meet up with you guys in yercaud (if i can be at yercaud before noon) and i get a train back also or i get a ride back to chennai on sunday afternoon so that i can take a train to hyd.

While not wanting you to miss out on the driving fun from Chennai to Yercaud, there is a direct train from Hyderbad to Salem. It leaves from Hyderabad at 12 noon and reaches Salem at 5.30 in the morning next day, which may not be convenient for you.
Old 8th September 2008, 17:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2
This should be very much possible. As soon as we have the dates finalised and the timings (just a weekend trip OR a weekend + Friday-half-day trip), we can plan train timings from Hyd to match the guys driving out from Chennai.
Old 8th September 2008, 23:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

I was just going through team-bhp while in the bed in my cell phone and suddenly I see so many motivating replies. These beautiful posts made me jump out of the bed and switch on my PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
While not wanting you to miss out on the driving fun from Chennai to Yercaud, there is a direct train from Hyderbad to Salem. It leaves from Hyderabad at 12 noon and reaches Salem at 5.30 in the morning next day...
you are my man!!!!
can you tell me the name of this train???
Quote:
which may not be convenient for you.
NO NO not at all.... (zako & steer are my inspiration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
gREAT, Are you the only one or are more Hyd guys joining in. It would be fun if you guys can make it too!!
no information on this yet. I just spoke to only couple of the hyderabad guys on this subject. Anyways, i will be proposing this on the upcoming hyderabad meet on 12th. Even if others are coming along I would push forward for the train not drive down unless if one of them happens to be btitankar and he is planning to drive down from hyderabad.

Quote:
This should be very much possible. As soon as we have the dates finalised and the timings (just a weekend trip OR a weekend + Friday-half-day trip), we can plan train timings from Hyd to match the guys driving out from Chennai.
Yes we should also have this option open apart from the train from hyderabad to Salem. It would be extra fun to sync up with you guys.

Please dont plan the meet for 10th; 11th & 12th are appropriate. I can't leave from hyderabad on 9th(dusehra) if the meet happens to be on from 10th. But if it happens to be from 3rd onwards, no issues from my side.

Can we have a head count??
Old 9th September 2008, 08:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

@kkr2k2, if you finally make it to the meet via train (till Chennai or Salem), I guess that would be a first for tbhp-meets - someone coming to a meet by train.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:32   #56
Senior - BHPian

For train, the credit goes to pvs, who apart from T-BHP is also in another community which associated with trains. They do lot of trips on trains thats what struck me how convenient train travell could be if there is a connectivity - i personally dont like to drive for long hours, no need to think about the car in the new place you go to, if required one can hire a vehicle depending upon the need. Oh! if one wants to explore one can hire a 4x4 too(i hope talking about trains will not be consider as blasphemy here in T-BHP). And also to rider60, because of whom the last chennai meet with you folks could happen, thats when the spark has been ignited to meet T-BHPians from other cities.

Also this time KL guys are coming apart from KA folks, I can meet the bangy boys as b'lore is nearby. But KL folks i have to travell a lot of distance. I dont want to miss this occasion. Also meeting some bangy boys would be good thing so that second time(bangy boys plan something big around Nov-Dec) it would be more fun.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:55   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@kkr2k2, if you finally make it to the meet via train (till Chennai or Salem), I guess that would be a first for tbhp-meets - someone coming to a meet by train.
I agree. And,dear chennai guys, please present him with a bouquet when he arrives in chennai . And, a special note to our beloved GTO to bring to his notice such lovely altogether new t-bhp initiatives.

@Raj, i envy you for even thinking about such an initiative. I think you should get married soon to know the realities of life!
Old 10th September 2008, 00:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
... I think you should get married soon to know the realities of life!
AVI, i didnt knew you would take pleasure in such a sadistic way. Now shut up and plan your way to the meet. I guess in this meet we can include phamily guys too.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys, there is a GQ relay is being planned and the proposed dates are in october.

Can we also think in that direction.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:34   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

There's a separate thread for that, and there's space for both. Not all are planning for the relay meet. I myself am heading to Yercaud, though would love to meet up with anyone when the relay teams are in BLR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks