Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 11:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

I would like to call it as your- Judgement skills- on overtaking a vehicle,letting the other vehicle overtake you,your keen observation on the oncoming vehicle,avoid overtaking on curved roads and above all keep a 360 degree view(with the help of rear view mirrors) on all that is happening while driving

The above is Zen91's contribution in someother thread. I copied it without his permission just to say "we all have seen your Judgement Skills on our Bidar Drive" and support every bit of what you said above!
Old 18th December 2008, 11:51   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Oye....of course the Safari's AC is working....but if all goes well, I may have a surprise in store by the time the meet comes around. keeping my fingers crossed
I am waiting in anticipation to see this surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Bade bhaiya... Are you buying a mig 29? 4 X 4 cheers:

You'll then have a signature saying" I dont drive fast ,i just fly low"
Himanshu, what did i say about the SAY BPO duo? Wit dripping like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Hi Guys!!..I may be poking my nose in the wrong section but surely I see all Hyderbadians here

I am driving down to Hyd from Pune for a 5 day vacation with family (3 generations) on 25th evening,

I need help in identifying a good place to stay (does not mean expensive, thought of Nizam Club..but could not get the bookings)

and a local driver (preferably a retired company driver) who can drive us around while in Hyd. As this is our first trip to Hyderabad or Andhra Pradesh for that matter and I don’t want to struggle with finding roads and parking spots there.

btw.. I was trying to locate Automobile Association in Hyd. but could not locate, they usually offer the facility of hiring good driver on a casual/daily basis

not to mention.. I am building a must visit and must do list and if the local BHP meet happen during this period, I would love to drop in..
Anupam, welcome to Hyd. Apart from the places already listed out, i will recommed :-

Boat ride in Hussainsagar Lake
NTR Garden ( Similar to Sentosa in Singapore)
Drive to Hitech and Gachibowli area
You can check out Alankrita Resort which received a greenry award for 5 years or something like that, if you have time. It is on shamirpet road.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:58   #108
BHPian

@ Mobike008:- Anna,if alankrtia resort is on the shamirpet road ,why dont we go into their restaurant for our meet!

later on after a couple of beers ,you and me can go and water their plants ( you knw what i mean)... hehehee...to help keep the greenary live and kicking for 5 more years of awards! as always

ntr gardens like sentonsa what you left SAY after yesterday's goof up and got into ap tourism kya? itna exageration!
Old 18th December 2008, 12:14   #109
BHPian

Suryalanka!

This beach place which was in the Times of india today"Suryalanka" Theodore and me along with some office folks are going there during the 2nd weekend of jan!

My 1st taste of the bay of bengal ! should be fun! anybody been there already ,pls pm me their experiences of suryalanka!
Old 18th December 2008, 12:15   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ Mobike008:- Anna,if alankrtia resort is on the shamirpet road ,why dont we go into their restaurant for our meet!

later on after a couple of beers ,you and me can go and water their plants ( you knw what i mean)... hehehee...to help keep the greenary live and kicking for 5 more years of awards! as always

ntr gardens like sentonsa what you left SAY after yesterday's goof up and got into ap tourism kya? itna exageration!
Tourism job? do you think that is safe? I will take up that job only if you guarantee that you bring in herds of tbhp members to the locations that i recommend/work-in

Alankrita used to be a awesome place a few years ago ( i must have been there more than 25-30 times) for ambience, food et all but over the years it changed for the worse but it's is still worth visiting if going for the first time.

NTR Garden is indeed like Sentosa but on a smaller scale ..e.g 1:10 and in an indian way, you know what i mean.

Rajesh, there is a guy named Romeo or something from Hyderabad and he has been to Suryalanka, try PMing him.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th December 2008 at 12:24.
Old 18th December 2008, 12:21   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I will take up that job only if you guarantee that you bring in herds of tbhp members to the locations that i recommend/work-in
Sir,meine advertisement kiya tha about our meet in other threads where hyd members are active!

i guess they will only turn up when pamela anderson hosts these meets
Old 18th December 2008, 13:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
This beach place which was in the Times of india today"Suryalanka" Theodore and me along with some office folks are going there during the 2nd weekend of jan!

My 1st taste of the bay of bengal ! should be fun! anybody been there already ,pls pm me their experiences of suryalanka!
Rajesh,

I have been to Suryalanka many times (My folks live in Guntur, 50 KM from Suryalanka).

Suryalanka beach has a resort operated by APTDC and also R&B Bungalow. On weekdays APTDC charge Rs. 1100 per day for an AC cottage with double beds. The charge goes up by Rs. 200 during the weekends. Outside food is not allowed, the canteen serves just-okayish food.

The beach is very flat and clean, and one can wade into the sea for almost 50-60 meters during low tide. BUT Suryalanka has a history of people getting drowned during the high tide. Hence you should check with the locals about good time for venturing into the sea - I believe mornings are suitable. I swam in the beach only during my last trip, and all other times I went there with friends on a day trip to just park the car close to the sea and have drinks

BTW, I will be in Guntur during Jan 11-15. My plan is to do a road trip on Jan 12 and 13 to Godavari districts or to Nellore district (I have a few good friends in both areas to take care of sight seeing and hospitalitycheers. I will discuss this further during the meet on Nov 21
Old 18th December 2008, 13:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Rajesh,

I have been to Suryalanka many times (My folks live in Guntur, 50 KM from Suryalanka).

Suryalanka beach has a resort operated by APTDC and also R&B Bungalow. On weekdays APTDC charge Rs. 1100 per day for an AC cottage with double beds. The charge goes up by Rs. 200 during the weekends. Outside food is not allowed, the canteen serves just-okayish food.

The beach is very flat and clean, and one can wade into the sea for almost 50-60 meters during low tide. BUT Suryalanka has a history of people getting drowned during the high tide. Hence you should check with the locals about good time for venturing into the sea - I believe mornings are suitable. I swam in the beach only during my last trip, and all other times I went there with friends on a day trip to just park the car close to the sea and have drinks
Thanks nag ...we are staying in those beach cottages ,the bookings are done .

We are taking a train from hyd to some station called bapatla and then to the beach...

The beach being clean is encouraging...

BTW ,i like your avtaar pic

More on suryalanka when we meet! Thanks again for the inputs! Theodore hope u reading this!
Old 18th December 2008, 14:34   #114
BHPian

how is it to drive to Suryalanka? are the roads good?
Old 18th December 2008, 14:41   #115
Senior - BHPian

Till Guntur, the road is very good. After that to Suryalanka, I do not know . You should take right after narketpally on Hyd-Vijayawada Highway!
Old 18th December 2008, 16:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
how is it to drive to Suryalanka? are the roads good?
The best route is Hyd-Narketpally-Miryalaguda-Piduguralla-Sattenapalli-Guntur-Bapatla. Hyd-Bapatla would be 320 KM. Except for the stretch between Hyd-Narketpally, rest of route is good. The route between Guntur and Bapatla is especially pleasing to the eyes, being flanked by lush green paddy fields. Suryalanka is a 8 KM drive from Bapatla.
Old 18th December 2008, 17:03   #117
BHPian

And btw when you halt for the night at a hotel / bungalow at Suryalanka, try to put it in shade or so and cover it if you can, else you will be left with total fog on the (car) glasses the next morning. It will be too much. First hand experience. You feel it compleltly different from what you have here in Hyd. You feel your skin sticky and feel like having bath every couple of hours (if sunny).
Old 18th December 2008, 17:10   #118
BHPian

Guys... apologies but lets keep this thread specific to our meet discussions.

i know i started the suryalanka thing but lets keep the suryalanka gyaan either on our respective pm's or live inputs from nag and others during the meet!

just a gentle request!
Old 18th December 2008, 19:02   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahem! the count remains the same until now !

Rajesh, are you interested in job rotation? Moving out from hyd tbhp advertisement to coaxing pamela anderson to join our group?
Old 18th December 2008, 19:31   #120
Senior - BHPian

Avi and Rajesh- i think Satyam is not keeping the two of you occupied enough

idle mind........workshop.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks