26th March, Thursday 2 6.06%
27th March, Friday (Gudi Padwa) 3 9.09%
28th March, Saturday 22 66.67%
Any day is fine 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 17:07   #406
Senior - BHPian

Very Nice Meet. Thanks Viper for insisting on me coming over. Thanks Throttle for all the good arrangments. I hope you didnt have to pool in from your pocket. In case some gratitude was paid at sunny which you need to get reimbursed from us please come forward and mention the amount, and we all will owe you that when we meet next!!
Friends I have been a regular at SDD, and food was in keeping with their tradition.
Missed Gogi, Dippy and the rest of the gang.
Future meets should have a late coming penalty, and to make that a success, I guess we will have to offer a discount to early comers, and most will come early!!!
Old 29th March 2009, 17:30   #407
BHPian

Excellent food, mindblowing company, the meet can only be described in superlatives!!
Old 29th March 2009, 19:19   #408
BHPian

TK aka Wasuli anna -- you did a great job ; arranging and bargaining and everyone around was a complete sport.

Kunal2002-- buddy where are the youtube video links for the meet?

@leadfoot -- please PM the picasa links as promised to all and sundry
Old 29th March 2009, 19:34   #409
Team-BHP Support

I assume pics cannot be posted? :(
Old 29th March 2009, 21:03   #410
BHPian

This was an excellent meet, got to meet some great people and see some some great cars.

@The Saint - The laura boys were my brother and I, I am sure you are missing your best buddy of the night, Ali!!!!

Surprisingly I am still thinking about the paneer tikka served there.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:38   #411
BHPian

This meet turned our to be super fun as expected.
@throttleking - great job on arrangements. Hats off.

The guys here dont stop amazing me. Be it Ashish driving from Baramati with his gifts or Aditya ,F50 and others surpirsing us by dropping in unexpected or Ramie anna arriving at 11.45 pm in his Bling-machine.

Its was fun meeting a lot of newbies and some oldtimers.
It was a pleasure meeting scooby sir , n-aditya , kpbhatt and a lot of pune guys after quite sometime.

And not to forget Vikram being a generous host after the meet.
Vikram & Amey your rides sound awesome.

All in all a great meet . looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:59   #412
Senior - BHPian

Kya guys stop rubbing it in and post some pics of overgrown men acting like kids and hogging away.
Old 30th March 2009, 02:37   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
This was an excellent meet, got to meet some great people and see some some great cars.

@The Saint - The laura boys were my brother and I, I am sure you are missing your best buddy of the night, Ali!!!!

Surprisingly I am still thinking about the paneer tikka served there.
Lol, it was definitely paneer.. I wonder how Ashraf Ali(Saint) forgot the real Ali. Is he still haunting the streets of lokhandwala in that white attire he was crazy about
Nice meeting you and your bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Excellent food, mindblowing company, the meet can only be described in superlatives!!
Aye aye captain; I say, likewise..
Old 30th March 2009, 10:14   #414
BHPian

Once again I missed the meet, but this time there was a great excitement of getting a Hyundai Accent GVS home.

I was all set for the meet (Manofied my GF for free saturday) and then on the occasion of Gudi Padwa both of us went to Mahindra first choice for a car check.

We were looking for an OHC but after sitting in one I felt it too low. So started hunt for something else & we found a June 2002 Hyundai Accent GVS (Silver Blue) in a great condition for 1.95 Lacks. I jumped and took a test drive, I found it good & asked when can I get the delivery and what paper work required. (Which was hardly any thing) and I booked it.

The guy at MFC confirmed the delivery on Saturday 4 PM (they dont give delivery on Sunday).

There was a joy of getting the beauty home & pain of missing the meet.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:22   #415
BHPian

Hey guys it was great to be part of my first meet even though it was for a short while only, me and my friends had other plans and it was with great difficulty that I convinced a couple of them to at least let me spend some time at the meet. Even they loved a couple of cars at the meet though

@The Saint, sweet looking ride you have dude, and scooby's Merc was just awesome !
We were blown away by the monster OHC as expected !
Old 30th March 2009, 11:29   #416
BHPian

ALi How can I miss you mate, you were the one who made this meet more exciting for me atleast, I was in Lkhandwala last night around 2 am and just saw a glimpse of Vidwa in white saree asking for lift somewhere inside the 3rd cross lane...

Bakwaas bandh karo Ashraf.....

Where is Indian 1979, thanks Spawn, I will never forget our Official Vidwa, he he. Pleasure meeting you all, thanks for your appreciation Maverick.

We should plan to have one meet every month...

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th March 2009 at 13:06. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:33   #417
Senior - BHPian

it was one crazy meet after a long long time. we guys had fun even after the meet. hope ksm vtec will post all the pics and videos of our dingalingaling.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:38   #418
Senior - BHPian

dude i am sure we cant post those pics and vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
it was one crazy meet after a long long time. we guys had fun even after the meet. hope ksm vtec will post all the pics and videos of our dingalingaling.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:37   #419
BHPian

pheeeww!!! What a grand meet it was.

I had to go to station at 5.30, on the way back I told my wife that I am gonna pick-up one of my friends from Breman chowk, it was n_aditya, from our ph conversation my wife realized that me and Aditya have actually never met. And she said you guys have never met before and you all are talking like you know each other since ages. I smiled and said “That’s power of this community, and passion toward cars and bikes” “Love cars, live cars!” Anupam(tez), Abhijeet(ajnagpur) and Mithilesh joined us at my place and we headed toward SDD.

Meanwhile I was worried about the count, as the day before SDD manager called me at night and said boss whatever rate I have given you is for minimum 50 people, meaning even if less people turnout to meet, we will have to pay for 50. waat lag gayi!!!

We reached sunny da dhaba at around 7.45pm, and the first thing I heard from Scooby “who is throttle?” but it was nothing to worry, viper and Scooby handed over some cash to me and said boss no a-la-carte, take money from everyone upfront. And some people immediately named me wasuli-anna. and I got a chance to introduce myself to everyone. People started coming in and I started introducing myself aur bajuse aawaj aaneka, “e bhai isko introduction me koi interest nahiye, isko pehla paisa do” he he he

Meanwhile SDD guy had already started floating snack, cold drinks and everything, mahol garam hone laga and then started the show-off. And this was the fun part. Scooby we consider ourselves so fortunate that we got a chance to get in to your SL500. Thank you so much sir. Jitu bhai you have an amazing ride, you are one crazy car lover I have ever seen. Vivek(1self) we had a good drifting ride bother, wish to see your Hyundai next time, it was pleasure meeting you, and yes thanks for your inputs on how to boost up my Magnum.

Amey, ramieanna your ICE was center of attraction, what setup you guyz have got. Really amazing. Ramieanna any 50 thousand watt DJ system tere Ice ke samne fika padega bhai. Amit (turboholic) buddy thanks a lot for coming, those who did not notice Amit was the only guy who came all the way riding on his Karisma. Ashish it was really nice meeting you buddy, organize the meet in Baramati I will surely come.

Thanks a lot guys for coming and making it such a fantastic meet. Thanks Viper, Saint, V16 and everyone who made me negotiate beyond my limits, we really got a good deal. And thanks a lot guys for appreciating and recognizing my effort. Don’t name me wasuli anna guys

Finally paise ka hisaab kitaab

First thing I did was I spoke to SDD manager after reaching there, and I told him I am not sure if 50 guys will come or not but atleast 40 guys are expected. Finally 47 guys turned up for the meet, out of which maverick and his 2 friends just dropped in for a while. So total 44 guy paid Rs. 600 per head. And some of us have paid rs 450 to waiters collectively. Additionally some of us have ordered few things which was not part of decided menu like tonic water, juices, and water bottles. So some rs 1500 for that. So I again ended up negotiation again with him, he finally agreed to discount the additional charges and asked me to pay for 45 count. So I paid him some 400rs extra from my pocket but frankly I do not expect any returns so don’t really worry about that.

All in all it was a great meet, and I feel we should more often have these meets. Enjoy!!!

The only thing I feel pity about, in all this I forgot to get my camera for the meet :(

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th March 2009 at 13:50. Reason: only two smilies TK :)
Old 30th March 2009, 13:47   #420
Senior - BHPian

@Throttleking is was really nice meeting you,you have done a really good job in being a great host,somehow i had in mind even if i reach by 1 but i will come to meet the crazy guys.It was a full "Vasool" meet meeting up guys after soo long,would suggest atleast one mega meet once in 2-months,as we all are too jumbled up in our own and need some break to have a crazy crazy bash.

Throttle do you even host birthday parites/weddings/engagements/kitty parties ...lolz!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks