Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 18:27   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
one important question has been missed out here .

are the ladies bringing their husbands/ BFs to the meet?
I thought you were a guy!!!!
Old 15th May 2009, 18:32   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I thought you were a guy!!!!
definitely male cyrus ,
i was just concerned , team - bhp boys might wanna "FI" this "NA" meet. lol .

Last edited by siddartha : 15th May 2009 at 18:34.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post

Great question, siddhartha. I think it's a good idea. However, dunno about the other ladies here, but I'm bringing no one (for logisitical reasons!!).

Also, now I really wonder if there is any wisdom in banning stags from this meet? I think it's kinda unfair to them. This is one meet where I assume they are dying to go, but they can't coz of this rule. So maybe we can change this, but put some rider, like someone's reference?
I am not complaining about allowing stags but what might happen is we have 5 girls and 500 stags out there at the meet. It will be a disaster for both.

All said and done you must set some criteria for stags to be allowed (as someone who though of this I must be automatically included)
Old 15th May 2009, 19:25   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
I am not complaining about allowing stags but what might happen is we have 5 girls and 500 stags out there at the meet. It will be a disaster for both.

All said and done you must set some criteria for stags to be allowed (as someone who though of this I must be automatically included)
i think i thought of it before you as mentioned in my post earlier (in bold below)
Unfortunately, both of us are in bangy, so can't make it to this meet anyways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
On a more serious note - TBHP Woman's meet is a great initiative - lets hope its a success and we can replicate the same in bangy - ofcourse with a stag boys allowed rule, the condition being they need to have made atleast 600 posts on tbhp (hmm i almost there )

Also in bangy meets, the only woman tbhpian I have seen is wheeliej - and that too a few years ago! Nowadays we mostly have family meets in bangy where all are welcome, including stags and pets
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
Also, now I really wonder if there is any wisdom in banning stags from this meet? I think it's kinda unfair to them. This is one meet where I assume they are dying to go, but they can't coz of this rule. So maybe we can change this, but put some rider, like someone's reference?
The rider for stags could be a minimum number of posts and/or reference or must be in possession of an exotic supercar!! This will ensure that people don't just register with tbhp for being able to come to the women's meet.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:34   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Also in bangy meets, the only woman tbhpian I have seen is wheeliej - and that too a few years ago!
Mclaren0111 also has attended several meets too. I think she along with wheeliej are the only two lady members from Bangalore IIRC. BOW used to stay in Bangalore too not so long ago I guess.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

no delhi gals yet????
Old 15th May 2009, 20:28   #82
Senior - BHPian

Boys are enough enthusiast in Delhi !!
Old 15th May 2009, 20:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

This thread is on now for a day and a half and already 2500+ views, 6pages and 83posts and counting!! Now thats what the word 'girl/women' can do

Looks like there would be last minute entries rather than last minute drop outs in this meet...lol.

Last edited by karthik247 : 15th May 2009 at 20:40.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:39   #84
BHPian

This thread is really interesting! To compute expected results of the meet based on CHAOS THEORY, we have the following inputs:

A. Some gal members want to have a women's meet to discuss cars amongst themselves and other male TBHPians.

B. Single male TBHPians want to attend the meet to see the female TBHPians and discuss cars.

C. Female TBHPians want male TBHPians to bring along their spouses/GFs, who may/may not be interested in cars!

D. Female TBHPians do not want STAG BHPians in the meet and/or have criteria for their admission.

E. Non-single male BHPians want female BHPians to bring along their spouses/BFs.

This system is:
  • sensitive to initial conditions (how many girls? where? what?)
  • mixes topologically (superficial pleasantries and/or intense chats)
  • exhibits dense orbits (each group will settle into a comfort zone and stop interacting with each other at some point in the meet)
and hence can be classified as chaotic.

Calculating Expected Results
A + B + C + D + E = Big gang where male TBHPians discuss cars (as usual) (65%) + non-interested women discuss girly stuff with female TBHPians (5%) + Some male TBHPians trying to talk cars with female TBHPians (5%) + Stag BHPians talk cars & women amongst themselves (20%) + Some spouses/BFs/GFs of BHPians getting really bored. (5%) = A Heterogeneous Social Meet!

LOL! Just my Friday morning dose of boredom. I'm no math pro or chaos theory expert. No offense meant to anybody, just my style of dark humour. Mods, please delete this post if it violates any rules.

On a serious note, I hope this turns out good. We could have many more in the future.

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 15th May 2009, 21:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Good to see such a meet getting organized, but I have never seen so many rules for a meet?

Last edited by dinar : 15th May 2009 at 21:31.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Good to see such a meet getting organized, but I have never seen so many rules for a meet?
Dinar, keep your focus on the Goa meet and don't get distracted by the women's meet.
Old 15th May 2009, 21:48   #87
BHPian

Just two days into the thread and so many replies. Feels good but still there seems to be misunderstanding. When we decided for the meet, we frankly did not expect this kind of response and somewhere down the line we want to keep this meet, primarily as a TBHP Women's Meet. So we have laid down some rules to avoid embarassing situations.

We too ( specially me and BOW ) have been a part of this forum for a long time and it too has been a part of our daily life as much as it is for any one of the guys, so when we saw that our negligible population is increasing we thought of arranging something like this. We have put donw the rule of guys getting their partners/spouses along because we have read that many of them would like to know what their BF's/husbands find so much good about the forum ( not the ladies though ) but they could get a feel of what tbhp is all about, something which surely wont be possible in their meets.

We have time and agian requested for a spouses meet so that we lady members also could attend those meets but it never happened so this was decided. We could have taken this meet without informing the forum and just putting up a report but we were sure then we would have got replies like "you should have told us, even our wives would have loved to come", so we thought to take it on the forum.

I think we have made ourselves quite clear and it would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading such along post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
one important question has been missed out here .

are the ladies bringing their husbands/ BFs to the meet?
I dont think this has been discussed but cannot be ruled out if there is a considerable of couples coming in.

Mansi

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th May 2009 at 14:37.
Old 15th May 2009, 23:14   #88
Team-BHP Support

Mansi, arrange the meet via PM between all the F-BHPians. Don't reveal where and when to rest of us. You can call Sam to keep the minutes of the meeting and take photographs, that way he can't talk too much and distract you all from the agenda. But he gets to write the Yeti-Blog of the meeting. Everybody will be happy in the end.
Old 16th May 2009, 00:00   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijwhiz View Post
Ha ha ha - that was the best one Sam - I can see someone coming with their "Eleanor"
If its in B'bay, you can find someone from the FCCCI (Fiat classic car club of India) coming with their "Padmini"...

Last edited by Stanher : 16th May 2009 at 00:01.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:12   #90
BHPian

If guys are coming with their wives/ GFs, and women with their husbands/ BFs, won't this become ummm... a "couples meet"?

Just a thought!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks