Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2014, 04:32   #76
Zed
BHPian

5th evening could also be an option. I guess I can wind up with work 3 ish - considering friday traffic downtown stuttgart at around 6 pm seems possible. EDIT : OOps- The office Xmas party is on the 5th ! So that rules out the option for me

Alternate option could be the evening of the 12th (friday) or 13th afternoon.
How far are you guys from downtown stuttgart ? I will be driving from the south, if you need a life do let me know.

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd December 2014 at 16:24.
Old 28th March 2015, 16:23   #77
BHPian

Re: Germany Meet Thread

Any meets planned for Easter ?
Old 30th March 2015, 15:08   #78
BHPian

I think most of us must have planned some travel for the long weekend. But lets try to arrange a meeting on any weekends after that

I am near Nurenberg area.
Old 1st April 2015, 23:09   #79
BHPian

Then let some suggestions on dates pour in - depending on how many takers there are we can decide on a short notice. 7-16th I won't be in the country after that any weekend should be doable :-)
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:30   #80
BHPian

Great.

I propose to meet on a Saturday - May 02 or May 16.

But the issue would be location, as we all are scattered across the country. I live around Nurenberg area and you around Essen. So we also have to decide on a center location which could be good for all of us. How about meeting at Frankfurt ?

P.S:
- I will be out of country from May 21 to June 06.
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:24   #81
BHPian

2nd May looks good. By the 16th I might be out again.

PS - I'm often in Herzgogenaurach - barely half n hour from Nürnberg - Could meet up then aswell :-)
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:03   #82
BHPian

Oh Yea ofcourse we can :-)

will pm you my German number.
Old 8th May 2015, 10:15   #83
BHPian

So did the meet happen? Give me too a heads-up the next time you guys plan a meet. cheers
Old 15th July 2015, 22:34   #84

Hallo folks,

Direly need your valuable advices! I and a bunch of friends will be doing trans Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy Alpine tour during the first two weeks of October. The tour was earlier planned with Edelweiss- renting BMW 1200 GSs with full logistical support including back up vehicle and a guide. The offer by Edelweiss didn't fit all the members' bill, and hence came the lack of consensus among the friends that is turning into a blessing on us in disguise to adventure the tour on our own with the help of locals. We are now edging towards the idea of renting bikes from ADMO Tours and do the tour on our own hopefully with German TBHP samaritans.

So, we are looking for any interested BHPian/s to join us on the tour as a buddy who can also guide us through the tour with native dexterity. We have already booked the air tickets for 1st October & 14th October. As a contingent, I would also be highly appreciative if any one of you could weigh in with a contact of local german speaking guide to join us. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th July 2015, 23:22   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiphyzix View Post
Hallo folks,

So, we are looking for any interested BHPian/s to join us on the tour as a buddy who can also guide us through the tour with native dexterity. We have already booked the air tickets for 1st October & 14th October. As a contingent, I would also be highly appreciative if any one of you could weigh in with a contact of local german speaking guide to join us. Thanks in advance.

Hi Antiphyzix,

Traveling on your own won't be a problem. October is nearly end of Summer, so even booking hotels should not be a problem. Some passes in the Alps close/are shut down in winters, so you may wanna check your road maps.

14 days of touring may be bit too long for most (well atleast for me it is)!
Also trying to find a biker amongst Bhpians in Germany needs a lot of luck! On the language front, Swiss and Austrian German is still a bit different to German in Germany. However, we can be available on phone or any other media in case you need something related to German language/communication problems. Normally you will find some one speaking broken English at any shop/restraunt etc. Else, catch a free WiFi from the shop and use Google translate! That aside, language barrier can be easily overcome by actions and using simple English words and speaking slowly.

For the road trip, rental company should provide help in case of vehicle breakdown. Hotel booking may be done by airbnb or any other such website depending on budget. To find a guide to accompany you full-time will be very expensive!

Let us know if you have any specific questions!
We will be happy to help!

All the best!

Last edited by LP640 : 15th July 2015 at 23:26.
Old 1st August 2015, 17:14   #86

Thanks a bunch LP640.

After going through your suggestion and other cursory research online, we have been able convince all our friends to opt for Edelweiss tour. We also recognized the efforts that may take in co-ordinating the logistics, permits et al.

Being what we are, we were also able negotiate down the cost with Edelweiss. The span of the tour is also cut down to 6 days. The rest of tour days will be spent at the Oktoberfest

BTW you are more than welcome to join us for the tour or at the Oktoberfest.

Thanks again. Cheers.
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:26   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Bhpians,
Anyone staying in Sindelfingen, Stuttgart? I will be there in march and would love to meet fellow BHPians and talk about cars over a drink or two. Perhaps we could visit the Museum together too if anyone has not yet visited I think there could be a considerable number of people in stuttgart, but sindelfingen?

Is there a way I can roam around on weekends to surrounding areas? Please suggest some plans that I can make for two weekends. This is my first trip to germany so I am not that aware of what to do.
Old 24th February 2016, 01:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hello Bhpians,
Anyone staying in Sindelfingen, Stuttgart? I will be there in march and would love to meet fellow BHPians and talk about cars over a drink or two. Perhaps we could visit the Museum together too if anyone has not yet visited I think there could be a considerable number of people in stuttgart, but sindelfingen?

Is there a way I can roam around on weekends to surrounding areas? Please suggest some plans that I can make for two weekends. This is my first trip to germany so I am not that aware of what to do.
I live in Stuttgart city center, around 36 minutes by train to Sindelfingen. I've been to the museums several times, don't mind accompanying you if you take my ticket as well.

There is a free guided tour available at the Daimler factory near Böblingen (close to Sindelfingen). You can buy a train ticket based on your requirements, see here : http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/prices/index.shtml

Depending on what time you are here, I might join you for a trip, if you wanna rent a car - bring your IDP in that case. Can guide you to some awesome road trips in and around Germany. In case you have any queries related to travel, stay, food, ahem you can contact me via PM, will share my Whatsapp details.

Spike
Old 24th February 2016, 07:36   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I've been to the museums several times, don't mind accompanying you if you take my ticket as well.
I wouldnt mind the ticket, but since you have already visited it, it might be boring for you. For the museums I will be having company since there are some colleagues with me.

Quote:

There is a free guided tour available at the Daimler factory near Böblingen (close to Sindelfingen).
I wouldnt be needing that I will be getting an insider factory tour which will be a lot more detailed.

Quote:

Depending on what time you are here, I might join you for a trip, if you wanna rent a car - bring your IDP in that case. Can guide you to some awesome road trips in and around Germany. In case you have any queries related to travel, stay, food, ahem you can contact me via PM, will share my Whatsapp details.
I dont have an IDP. So I am not sure if I can really drive. I am arriving on 5th evening to SiFi and departing 26th morning. So I have two complete weekends and a good friday to spare(if thats a holiday there).

Sure. Will contact you via PM.
Old 25th February 2016, 01:40   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I wouldnt mind the ticket, but since you have already visited it, it might be boring for you. For the museums I will be having company since there are some colleagues with me.
Ok. My tip - there is more to see in the Merc museum than the Porsche museum.

Quote:
I wouldnt be needing that I will be getting an insider factory tour which will be a lot more detailed.
Cool ! If you manage to sneak in to the paint shop, do tell me what kind of protection are used there, that is one thing I've not seen. Incidentally, Mercs are very infamous among my German friends due to their rusting problems, would like to know why.

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks