Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 10:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Otherwise we are a bunch of very decent men who hold woman "in high esteem".
Oh really ?? That's breaking news for me..

PS: In RWD or FWD ??

Last edited by ashthedivx : 7th August 2009 at 10:55.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

By the way, why Chonas???

(To the best of my knowledge, the "Happy" Hours at Chonas are heavily biased towards a certain category of imbibers only.......)
Old 7th August 2009, 11:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

In that "we" you are not included Ashish. I can't give a character certificate to you... And didn't you know that this "breaking news" was on India TV since last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Oh really ?? That's breaking news for me..
Old 7th August 2009, 11:07   #49
BHPian

Guys, I too am game for it. Had a suggestion to make. Khan market, though centrally located, would be too crowded on a Saturday eveaning and parking would be a big headache.

Why not shift the venue to say Lodhi Garden resturant or for that matter IHC...or Chanakyapuri Malcha Marg? Can I also get a friend or two who are prospective T-Bhp members?

Can someone please confirm the time and venue after consensus of all attendees.

Last edited by sandeep.mishra : 7th August 2009 at 11:15.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Meet has started all ready Cant wait to attend this. People were having doubts about Delhi Meet/Meats, time to give back some answers.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In that "we" you are not included Ashish. I can't give a character certificate to you... And didn't you know that this "breaking news" was on India TV since last night
Don't worry we do share same certificate, though undoubtfully you are the senior one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
Guys, I too am game for it. Had a suggestion to make. Khan market, though centrally located, would be too crowded on a Saturday eveaning and parking would be a big headache.

Why not shift the venue to say Lodhi Garden resturant or for that matter IHC...or Chanakyapuri Malcha Marg? Can I also get a friend or two who are prospective T-Bhp members?

Sandeep Mishra
Hey Sandeep, It's more the merrier, welcome aboard.

Got info of any nice deal or nice place ??
Old 7th August 2009, 11:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Heavens don't know; we know what happens to first-timers. Since we are after college hours the anti-ragging law doesn't apply to us. To start with you may have to lick clean the cars of us seniors. BTW, Suman & I own a safari & scorpio respectively. Ishaan owns a Getz, which is smaller. So go and take you pick.
I thought Adult Education (Prodr Shiksha, let me clarify in Hindi too before the fertile minds get in to overdrive) only meant learning again, which itself has been akin to ragging for me always. But jo hona hai so hona hai, however, does it have to be the entire car; could I just do the gear stick?!!

And btw, the Getz might be smaller, but we all know that smaller need not necessarily mean an easier time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Since this is rolling after a long long time, how about having another one on the 13th?? Don't worry Prabal, its nothing you haven't seen already! GD bhai, Prabal is around the same vintage as yours so you might have to retract that statement at the meat!
I won't be in town on the 13th for the second one. So it'll have to be this Saturday only for me.

Arrey Ishan, why are you disclosing my actual vintage? All that money on botox is going down the drain...

Quote:
How would I know this? And not my mistake. He asked for it. Prabal, don't worry, we will give you something decent and honourable keeping your vintage in mind.. ha ha ha. couldn't resist this...
No sweat, GD sahab. I enjoy these things. The less decent the better. Honour, well it can be there in indecency too, na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Oops, now I am starting to worry! What would you give me, GD? Suman drew my atention to this thread just a while ago, and I was contemplating joining up (it'd be my first t-bhp meet), but then you're already scaring me away!

Suman, I'm not going if you don't accompany me for protection from your neighbour!!!
SS-T don't worry, we'll look out for each other. If you want more protection, well...

I'm looking forward to this meat.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You can easily get parking there. Most attendees are happy to offer you one at a minimal 10rs tip.

There is a strong reason for choosing this place which you would know when you arrive at the meat.

You can bring your friends too. and the time and venue stands at

Chonas , August 9th 2009, 5.30/6.00 PM
Old 7th August 2009, 11:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
By the way, why Chonas???

(To the best of my knowledge, the "Happy" Hours at Chonas are heavily biased towards a certain category of imbibers only.......)
Good point.

Quote:
That's a good point too.

Based on the above genuine concerns I'll be going to Khan Market today to do a recce and look at some other places where we can meet. Anyone got any ideas?

Manan, how is that Route 04 place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
But jo hona hai so hona hai, however, does it have to be the entire car; could I just do the gear stick?!!

And btw, the Getz might be smaller, but we all know that smaller need not necessarily mean an easier time.

Arrey Ishan, why are you disclosing my actual vintage? All that money on botox is going down the drain...

No sweat, GD sahab. I enjoy these things. The less decent the better. Honour, well it can be there in indecency too, na?
Look forward to seeing you there Prabal!

Here's the probable list:

1. GD
2. Harishnayak
3. Wanderernomad
4. Ishan
5. Prabal
6. M4ugr8
7. Inferno
8. Ashthediv
9. Abhinav
10. nkapoor777
11. SST
Old 7th August 2009, 11:44   #55
BHPian

Quote:
And what's that 0.1% that might hold you back? Is it something to do with not being able get hold of a friendly senior-TBHPian or a DBHPian to sign on the slip?
nahh, thats not the case but you never know what happens, something might spring up.

Quote:

Even I feel the same. Parking over there is a big problem.

PS : Saw your post abhinav now, if thats the case, then it ok.

Last edited by inferno : 7th August 2009 at 11:46.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
and the time and venue stands at Chonas , August 9th 2009, 5.30/6.00 PM
Isn't it Saturday, August 8th 2009, i.e. tomorrow at around 6.00 pm?
Old 7th August 2009, 11:48   #57
BHPian

Guys, take it from someone who is an almost local of Khan market- this place is a parking nightmare on most days- except maybe Sunday (so you might just get lucky). Sunday the main market is closed and till about a year ago parking used to be a breeze...but with the opening of so many restaurants, even Sunday evenings are getting jampacked (read: double and even triple parking). Still, if it has to be Khan market, then think of no other day than a Sunday.

PS: Looks like I am gonna miss it- am returning to Delhi at 11pm on Sunday :(

Last edited by greenh0rn : 7th August 2009 at 11:49.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:56   #58
BHPian

Iraghava - "Based on the above genuine concerns I'll be going to Khan Market today to do a recce and look at some other places where we can meet. Anyone got any ideas? "

Oh just great...Considering the distractions at Khan market and that too on a Saturday eveaning,kindly define the assembly point, if khan market is the place to be at! Secondly, can the time be shifted to around 6.30-700 please? Have to be in office on a holiday!

Last edited by sandeep.mishra : 7th August 2009 at 12:09.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:59   #59
BHPian

Years ago, when we used to have office parties- we used to sign up with Turquoise Cottage and pay around 700-800 per person for unlimited (IMFL) drinks and a couple of starters. Even today, most five star banquets have a similar offer for around 1000++ per person. Anyone want to pursue this option with Route 04 or the likes?
Old 7th August 2009, 12:05   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
SS-T don't worry, we'll look out for each other. If you want more protection, well...
Thanks, Prabal. For more protection I'll bring a coule of tongue protectors along! Don't ask what those are...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks