Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 16:31   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

As usual, Vaisakh with his lonnnggg comments about the meet. Good going.
Enjoyed the meet and this was the first time i met trrk. Nice meeting them. Man, i have to admit that both trrk and Vaisakh are really technically sound when it comes to cars
As mentioned, this place is ideal for small meets. Since the place was empty, we had our own private space with no one to bother us.
These guys were friendly (Since we spent 3 hours in the coffee cup sipping a cup of tea).
Looking forward to more meets with more members.
Let's try bringing in more people for the next meet. As Vaisakh mentioned, both Alleppey and EKM members can make it.

Thanks guys. Really was a good meet.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Thank you both for sharing your time with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
trrk and naveen.raju had to drive ~30km to reach their and they made it on time.
Thanks trrk and naveen for comin. It was a nice meet.
It would be nitpicking, but still: You got the combined figure correctly, but it would be around 44kms for me and around 16kms for Naveen.

But all the distances that we covered are done daily by many here just to get to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Man, i have to admit that both trrk and Vaisakh are really technically sound when it comes to cars
Thanks guys. Really was a good meet.
Thanks for the comments. Any technical knowledge I may have is all sourced from the various group and fora that I visit.

Looking forward to more meets.

JK, what about 11th? And Ram, you started this meet and then nothing.

Naveen, please put a message in the Ernakulam meet thread and maybe a link to this meet message.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

@trrk/others
I have been reading all your announcements about the meet and the final meet etc, but unfortunately, its bit long drive for me otherwise I would have also participated in atleast one of the meet.
Anyway lets see if I can participate in future, may be once the monsoon is over!

(The aroor residency hotel seems nice and they have rooms too? - because I may have to stay overnight either to come back after the meet or proceed further down to TVM - Any suggestion?)
Old 6th July 2010, 16:18   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@trrk/others
I have been reading all your announcements about the meet and the final meet etc, but unfortunately, its bit long drive for me otherwise I would have also participated in atleast one of the meet.
Anyway lets see if I can participate in future, may be once the monsoon is over!

(The aroor residency hotel seems nice and they have rooms too? - because I may have to stay overnight either to come back after the meet or proceed further down to TVM - Any suggestion?)
@nair:
We can arrange for a meet once the monsoon is over. You can let us know your suitable time so that we can fix a meet.
Aroor Residency do have rooms. As it's pretty new, the hotel seems good. You can check out their site -> Aroor Residency
Pretty reasonable too.
Old 6th July 2010, 16:22   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Thank you both for sharing your time with me.

It would be nitpicking, but still: You got the combined figure correctly, but it would be around 44kms for me and around 16kms for Naveen.

But all the distances that we covered are done daily by many here just to get to work!

Thanks for the comments. Any technical knowledge I may have is all sourced from the various group and fora that I visit.

Looking forward to more meets.

JK, what about 11th? And Ram, you started this meet and then nothing.

Naveen, please put a message in the Ernakulam meet thread and maybe a link to this meet message.
Posted a link of the recent meet in Cochin meet thread.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nair:
We can arrange for a meet once the monsoon is over. You can let us know your suitable time so that we can fix a meet.
Aroor Residency do have rooms. As it's pretty new, the hotel seems good. You can check out their site -> Aroor Residency
Pretty reasonable too.
++++
Thanks
Yes the Aroor Residencey seems nice and reasonable.
Will let you all know the programme later.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Posted a link of the recent meet in Cochin meet thread.
Thanks, Naveen.

Quote:
++++
Yes the Aroor Residencey seems nice and reasonable.
Will let you all know the programme later.
The hotel indeed looks and should be decent. The food was good when I had dinner there once.

It would be way too far for you to just travel for a meet! Still, we are happy to note your enthusiasm for the same.

With my daughter's schedule, my free times have greatly reduced during the weekends.

Looking forward to more meets and to meet you.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:11   #68
BHPian

Quote:
@trrk/others
to you. It was a small quick meet. It will be waste for you to come all the way here for the meet.

Btw, if you are planning to come to Cochin/Alleppey in future, please inform. We will arrange a meet.

Quote:
Yes, the hotel looks pretty good for staying. It was started 6 months ago i suppose. So the rooms and all will be in good condition. I have seen many cars and taxis in their parking lot during weekends and nights. And the food is not bad either according what I heard. Pretty reasonable too.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
to you. It was a small quick meet. It will be waste for you to come all the way here for the meet.

Btw, if you are planning to come to Cochin/Alleppey in future, please inform. We will arrange a meet.

Yes, the hotel looks pretty good for staying. It was started 6 months ago i suppose. So the rooms and all will be in good condition. I have seen many cars and taxis in their parking lot during weekends and nights. And the food is not bad either according what I heard. Pretty reasonable too.
+
Infact, middle of December 2009, I alongwith my cousin brother drove to Bangalore and we had a meeting with two other bhpians. (infact I planned the trip for something else alongwith this meet, but the other plan has to be dropped, still I went to Bangalore since arrangements were already made. I stayed in Country Club hotel and we all had a nice dinner in the
Restaurent of the same hotel.(we had a good 3 hour chat and soda plus dinner. In fact we wanted to spend more time but it was already 11pm hence we had to call it off. Next early morning We left Bangalore). So comparing Bangalore, Alleppey may be little nearer for me?

Anyway let the monsoon get over and will plan then
Old 7th July 2010, 13:35   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
So comparing Bangalore, Alleppey may be little nearer for me?
Having gone for meets in Bangalore myself, you are welcome to join in a meet here. (once for a BBS and another for Yahoo Indica group)

If there were no travel restrictions for me, would have come to Kannur / Payyanur to meet you.

Those parts are really lovely for travel.

Roads were good a month back. I hope they are good still.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:00   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+
Infact, middle of December 2009, I alongwith my cousin brother drove to Bangalore and we had a meeting with two other bhpians. (infact I planned the trip for something else alongwith this meet, but the other plan has to be dropped, still I went to Bangalore since arrangements were already made. I stayed in Country Club hotel and we all had a nice dinner in the
Restaurent of the same hotel.(we had a good 3 hour chat and soda plus dinner. In fact we wanted to spend more time but it was already 11pm hence we had to call it off. Next early morning We left Bangalore). So comparing Bangalore, Alleppey may be little nearer for me?

Anyway let the monsoon get over and will plan then
Good to hear that you are willing to travel an extra mile for the meet.
We can definitely arrange a good place for you to stay too.
Let us know when you are ready to go.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, as said let the monsoon get over then can plan something positively.

@trrk - after onset of monsoon I have not taken my car for long drive hence not sure about road conditions calicut/kannur/kasaragod stretch.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
@trrk - after onset of monsoon I have not taken my car for long drive hence not sure about road conditions calicut/kannur/kasaragod stretch.
No problem. From the conditions then, it is unlikely that they have deteriorated much.

NH47 south of Ernakulam is is really bad shape in spite of the pothole fillups our ministry is doing.

Definitely filling many people's pockets!
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:14   #74
BHPian

hey..i am in aleppey 24th jul

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
@Anil & @Unni and the yet unknown faces around the Venice of the East:

I am a constant fixture in Alleppey. Rarely do I go out except like on the Republic Day to crash in onto the TVM guys' meet!

My shop is next to the Iron bridge - the old building opposite the northwest corner of the bridge. Normally am there between 1000 hrs and 2030 hrs. Of course leave time after 1400 hrs for lunch.

hey trrk...sorry not know ur name in case..we have exchanged few thread conversations..with respect to NHC..hope u rem..

btw..i am Prasoon from bangalore..for work..and at calicut for home sweet home..

i am in ekm for weekend 24th- 25th. Have just noticed this thread running around for mini meets...and have seen more action from bhp mem's in cochin as good as meets in any other place...so thought will have fun and chance to meet some tbhp bro's in venice of west..!! can we merge with this thread to get aleppey as well cochin folks on 25th at ekm...

Else atleast will plan to meet up..on sat if you are ok... i am just arriving in kochuveli exp at aleppey on 24th jul. From there plans to take triv exp, not sure since its at 7 am. Hardly 1 hour to refresh..just tell me if we can occupy retiring rooms at aleppey station..and hpw to reach manarasshala in case we miss the triv express..

On 24th plans to visit manarasshala temple at harippad on 24th.....and then meet my old friends as well Tbhp folks ...who are on prowl..in the ekm city and nearby......hope to meet some new faces..as well more of tbhp stickers...lol...

jus pm me. else contact me on +91 98806 44665

mods ** Please feel free to move this post to right thread per our convenience..

rgrds
prsn

Last edited by prsnck : 22nd July 2010 at 23:20.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
hey trrk...sorry not know ur name in case..we have exchanged few thread conversations..with respect to NHC..hope u rem..
Every message of mine has my name. I vaguely remember that's all. But that does not matter. My memory these days is bad!

Quote:
btw..i am Prasoon from bangalore..for work..and at calicut for home sweet home..
Hi Prasoon, I am Rajesh.

Quote:
Else atleast will plan to meet up..on sat if you are ok... i am just arriving in kochuveli exp at aleppey on 24th jul. From there plans to take triv exp, not sure since its at 7 am. Hardly 1 hour to refresh..just tell me if we can occupy retiring rooms at aleppey station..and hpw to reach manarasshala in case we miss the triv express..
Since I don't use trains, I am not very familiar with the facilities here at the station. But I am told that there are resting rooms.

I did not fully understand the schedule that you have mentioned. Well, you can probably catch a train to the south, alight at Harippad and get to Mannarshala or KSRTC buses should be there from Alleppey to Mannarshala.

Quote:
jus pm me. else contact me on +91 98806 44665
You can contact me on 9387851774. I have to take my daughter for her entrance coaching to Chanagnacherry on 24th. Will be leaving at 0745 and should be back by 0930. I will be going to pick her up at 1445 and back by 1645hrs.

On 25th usually my daughter has a tution run in the evening. There were talks about one in the morning this time. So my timings are a little haywire now.

We will try and meet, that is all I can say for now. Do ring me when you are in Alleppey and we will take it from there.

Sorry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks