Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2005, 07:28   #16
BHPian

hey sam (hope u have access to the internet), what time would be around at the vaahan yatra on saturday? plan to come there in the afternoon.
vivek, what time on saturday? anyone else? btw, we can take our cameras, right?

s
Old 7th October 2005, 10:07   #17
BHPian

I am not sure what time on saturday. Have to see how things go. Maybe sometime in the afternoon for me too.

Hey satan_crazy, yuo can take yuor camera but i guess you might have to pay 20-30 bucks for it.
Old 7th October 2005, 10:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
plan to come there in the afternoon.
vivek, what time on saturday? anyone else?
Hey buddy,

Count me in...How about meeting up at 3 PM ?

-Haque
Old 7th October 2005, 11:02   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
P.S - How do I find out who "Sam" is?
Making things simpler :

http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?i...aller267sa.jpg
Old 7th October 2005, 12:40   #20
BHPian

hey, which entrance do i need to take to reach palace grounds for the vaahan yatra? is it next to the underbridge on the main road?
Old 7th October 2005, 14:13   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
mclarens report on visit to vahan yatra

here we go ale ale ale...here we goo.....
ok thats enough of ricky martin for now and lets get to the point..
11 am today there in the foreground i see a silver alto parked near the left handside of the road..here i reach in my disco 82..then say hi to the noneother than vivekphadnis and drive off into the gate,yes u guessed it right..this is the entrance to the vahan yatra we are talking about..parked our cars and introduced ourselves and headed straight to the place where the shows rocking..

entering, the security guard stops us from entering as we had the coupon from ACI and says its not valid..then after we show him around things he lets us enter only to be greeted by a few friends of viveks..then as we move ahead there in the 1st row lies a spanking new,silver,superb piece of machinery named none other than the BMW 7 -series...then after gapimg at it mouthopened for some time we moved ahead..now a bling bling yellow palio caught our vision and some neat music emenated from it..wait wait this is not the revamped eyeballer in anyway ..it was just the demo car by polk audio,sounded good and the boot install was neat nonetheless..then went on watching the not much eyecatching stalls and there we stumble upon a stall thats sounded or looked i must say so familiar to the eyes..with people clad in black and orange,hustling around the cars to set everything right and also to maintain damage control from the havoc creating audiences such as myself..yes here we are at the stall named UBL haha sorry is it JBL now,bcoz i heard a lot of them think the ! mark over the J to be U..

then we look around for our man,but he's nowhere to be spotted..then as i was looking at the hanging stuff the door of a santro xing swings open and rises out of it the phoenix of JBL india Mr. Sam Kapasi..soon we introduced ourselves to the man who greets us with a million dollar smile and a bear hug...man does he look huge now was the 1st impression i had of him and whos this stuart little would have been his 1st impression of me im sure ..then he took us for a spin not on the road but a look at his wonderful creations that liven up the cars we so dearly love...

1st in line was the santro xing which had a terrific yet simple setup and had what 2 sets of compos in the front,a set of coax in the rear,2 DVC subs in the boot and a pair of 936's all connected to 3 awesome looking amps and LA caps and 3 dvd screens running on a pioneer HU..and then we moved onto the much awaited and anticipated eyeballer..well i cant describe the equipment in it bcoz what u end up seeing is way too different...now our very own man starts up the sysytem and lets it climb the hill of music nirvana..and i say for 1 fraction of a sec i felt i was deaf..such is the effect of this car,what do u expect with 5000w subs that too 2 in number pumping out that thumping lows..and this was just one of the stuffs in that black beauty(which apperantly had a slight trouble with some body damages due to now now lets leave that for sam to tell us..)then we jumped into the optra which had the driveplay installed which navin otherwise calls it an ET's head..now what amazed me was the size of the screen,was as tiny as a ipod screen..i can see naving grinning now !!!! then sam showed us how it functions and stuff..then having been through the entire range of cars from JBL we started talking to sam about everything under the sun..then......

sams says " lets visit the disco 82 ".. so we 3 go to the parking area where we spend some time at my car discussing a few techy issues with my install..and then we head to viveks car where on opening up the boot sam bhaiyya starts laughing actually at first it was a shock which then was concealed into a laugh and a hearty one at that..reason: our junior navin (read vivek) had placed his 936's in the box and dont get me wrong here,im not talking about the mdf boxes but the packaging boxes that the speakers come with..yup he was playing them in that box,thats the 1st i have seen anyone do that and the same's with sam im sure..then again we discussed a few things about viveks setup and then after nearly 30 mins of laughter and discussions we head into the exhibition stalls..

here again we get into the santro and start going all bonkers with the way the system setup looked...the sound that came from it was a totally different issue..excellent piece of art work there sam..loved the mean look of that setup..then again talking talking and this goes on until vivek realises that he had to get going and leaves..then i take a leave too after a few minutes and say bye bye to our one and only DUDE...

BTW did i mention to u all that we got some nice goodies from SAM..thanks sam loved them...and then i take another 10 min to look around the rest of the stalls and buzz home..all in all the 2.5hrs at the exhibition i spent 2hr 15 mins at sams and that goes to show what a pleasure it was to meet him..

sam i loved each one of ur cars and this being the 1st time i have seen such installs will surely last in mind for a long long way to come..well done kudos sam ..loved them..

PS: guys wait for the pics to be posted with sam (who asked me r u sure u wanna stand nezt to me ) standing next to stuart little( read myself) and vivek..im sure u all will have a laugh..sam waiting for the pics yaar...and navin boy o boy does sam have a surprise in store for u..

all bangaloreans who are visiting the vahan yatra can u be there at the gate by 11 am as the two of us are visiting again tomorrow..cheers..
Old 7th October 2005, 14:38   #22
BANNED

apart fromt the ones mentioned below also in the stalls were rockford fosgate,lightning audio,streetglow,the chinkara and a MPV,blaupunkt,chameleon modded BMW,merc, OHC and lancer and forgot to mention the chiks ..
Old 7th October 2005, 19:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Yeah, I'll be coming in my green OHC Vtec. I hate freebies. Give me only chummas.
Errrr ... This is odd. Isn't it?
Old 7th October 2005, 21:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Yeah, I'll be coming in my green OHC Vtec. I hate freebies. Give me only chummas.

Errrr ... This is odd. Isn't it?

just like the saturday night meets in bombay.

Rev
Old 8th October 2005, 02:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Man, Sam is a riot! Just thinking about meeting him makes me laugh!!!

Goodies?! Arre Sam, I oohed and aahed so much, and I don't even understand it! I want my share of goodies too (NO chummas!!!)...
Old 8th October 2005, 11:43   #26
Team-BHP Support

Talked to Sam, Rudra and Ajmat today it was fun. Wish I were there. Cant imagine what Sam was doing with those 2 "buddas". LOL
Old 8th October 2005, 15:40   #27
BHPian

I'll be going on the 12th with Sridar24 and a couple more of my friends...have got my exams or else would have surely bunked college and come.
Old 8th October 2005, 22:33   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Cant imagine what Sam was doing with those 2 "buddas". LOL
Sam is yet to meet us (read me) properly. Let him get back to Bombay and you'll know what exactly he has done with this budda.

I couldn't meet him this evening. We spoke on phone though. I'm slightly lost with my new toy to figure out it's caliber.

But Navin, it's a different world with this new toy.
Old 9th October 2005, 01:55   #29
BANNED

hhhmmm....well guys dont worry i wont be putting up another post about my 2nd day at vahaan yatra..but to sum it up all in all it was a fantastic day we had,actually even better than the 1st day...thanks sam and team JBL , v1p3r, satan,vivek,shravan,superunknown,and last but not the least psycho for the wonderful time we had...looking forward to meet u all tomorrrow..so be there guys..and btw we have a lot of fun stuff coming up from sam and myself..so just hold ur breath...now i can see sam grinning !!!!!
Old 9th October 2005, 08:31   #30
BHPian

McLaren, I know what fun stuff you are talking about. That too at the cost of my reputation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks