Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 23:04   #1
BHPian

Bangalore Section Meet - trip to Gokarna via Jog falls

Hi Bengaluru Folks,

The last meet (Nagarhole Trip) was awesome and saw another thread for next big meet which didn't work out as planned.
So, now how about a MEGAAAAAA Bengaluru Team-BHPians meet again??

Plan:
Dates: 5th & 6th June

Photography:
2 photographers who will be the offical Trip photographers. Others members on the trip can ofcourse keep clicking at their will.

Agenda:
1. Meet up @ a predetermined spot.
2. Have a short introduction session of bhpians present
3. Photosession
4. Start (After checking # people present as per the confirmed list)
5. Breakfast
6. <Depends on destination>
Checkpoint 1: Photosession/ Check all members have reached
Checkpoint 2 : Photosession/ Check all members have reached
7. Reach Destination: Introduction of remaining bhpians.
8. Lunch
9. Place visits <Waterfall/River Raftting etc.. depending on location>
10. Campfire
11. Next morning : Nearby place visits <Waterfall/River Raftting etc.. depending on location>
12. Start back by Noon
13. Lunch
14. Photosession
15. Disperse

Please pour in your suggestions.

NOTE: A convoy with max. speeds of 60-70KMPH will be ideal for most I guess. The rest can drive as per their preference on their own responsibility.

Regards,
Indy
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:50   #2
BHPian

Bangalore Section Meet - trip to Gokarna via Jog falls

Hi Guys,

It has been 2 months since we have any big meet for Bangalore section. After the huge meet in Nagarahole, and trip to Yellagiri, I was thinking of some trip to sea and one ofthe best place came to mind is Gokarna. And you have mighty Jog falls on the way.Sound like a long one, here is the plan - it has to be a 3 day trip including return journey. One way is 520km, with Jog in 400km and a break then to Gokarna and come back. I have not decided on dates, want to have opinions and then decide, lets the ideas come.

Thanks,

Avijit
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey Asdon this Mega meet sound Megha Exciting!!

Please confirm on the dates atleast 2 weeks in advance so that we can plan the same.

Bangalore Boys, let make this happen!!
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:19   #4
BHPian

Do we have any long weekends coming up???
I guess everyone bangalore bhpian taking a day off would arouse some kind of suspicion as now I can see that there are considerable number of bhpians or their spouses in every office
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:29   #5
BHPian

I am coming

Thats a good plan.
I am in for sure. Are we looking at weekends in JULY ?
so that we have ample amount of time to plan.

But, Gokarna during rains would work ?
We may not have the cleanest beach ! But, beaches during rains is a different experience too.

I am sure, JOG falls would be the best place in June-July.
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:48   #6
MCR
BHPian

Hi Asdon,
Count me in. Should be a fantastic meet. We can have a 3 day meet on the beach.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:15   #7
BHPian

Hello,

Master yet again on work.

Sounds interesting. Jog would be at its full glory only after at least 3-4 good rains. Rains in that part of karnataka sets in only June Mid. till then its slight drizzle accompanied by little rains. So just not sure about the Jog. Will confirm this in a day or two.

Gokarna, bhatkal, Murdeshwara would love to drive there specially if the monsoon is just setting in.

If its before June 20th I am game for this. After that its little difficult with BIL's marriage coming up on July 4th :(.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post

If its before June 20th I am game for this. After that its little difficult with BIL's marriage coming up on July 4th :(.
what about mid July(after 10th?) I am just asking nothing is confirmed as yet.

Just got the idea so started the discussion, let other members also join in, will decide on a date good for all.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good Idea, nice place. My suggestion: Choose suitable dates from mid July onwards. Weather will be better, you will love greenary, there is chance of better water at JOG. Sea GOD wil be calm by then. There is chance of big flood/big ocean waves this time! So take care.

If you want to cover many places or love driving in scenary choose this route!

Bangalore - Shimoga - Hosanagara - Kollur - Byndoor - Murdeshwara - Honnavara - Kumta - Gokarna(around 530km ). While returning come via Gokarna - Kumta - Honnavara - JOG - Shimoga - Bangalore(around 500km). Avoid via hubli-yellapura-ankola which will be 580km and also mine trucks creating huge traffic jam in this area every week as of now!

Even Jog - siddapura - sirsi - devimane ghat - mirjan - gokarna(10km extra) if also scenic route. Plan among your like

Roads will be in good condition among all these routes!

If you need more ideas I have 2 or 3 more scenic routes which I travelled recently.

If you need accomodation around yaana or Jog I know couple of homestays I think, I can get the information.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

With so much in depth knowledge of the terrain and the routes, I'm sure it will be a great help to the guys if you could in fact join them and actively participate in the meet Ravi. An additional advantage would be your well researched forecasts of the oceanic behaviour to keep our members safe.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 23rd May 2010 at 20:38.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just reading through these posts are getting me all excited.

Count Us (my wifey) in for any date in June. Since this would be a weekend trip (predominently) leaves should not be the biggest concern.

I know that I was all excited about the previous meet but missed it due to un-avoidable reasons. This time, I will ensure that I tag along the Convoy, come what may!!
Old 24th May 2010, 11:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Guys, just reading through these posts are getting me all excited.

Count Us (my wifey) in for any date in June. Since this would be a weekend trip (predominently) leaves should not be the biggest concern.

I know that I was all excited about the previous meet but missed it due to un-avoidable reasons. This time, I will ensure that I tag along the Convoy, come what may!!
Keep the excitments in your stock, it has just started, keep watching and the temp will go high day by day.
@ravi - this time you should join us, and we have chosen the route you love the most
Old 24th May 2010, 11:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Keep the excitments in your stock, it has just started, keep watching and the temp will go high day by day.
@ravi - this time you should join us, and we have chosen the route you love the most
Asdon,

Give us an head's up about this event on the tenative dates as i am planning to be part of it.

Cheers !

Otomobil
Old 24th May 2010, 12:56   #14
BHPian

MAHABALIPURAM would be a good idea ?

Guys,

How about a trip to Mahabalipuram ?
Great roads...nice beaches (albeit kinda private), very good sight seeing places.. and it may not require a friday bunk also. (option open though).

We could also hook in some T-Chennaites. Best part is we can plan it around mid june.

@Asdon will surely make Gokanna also, I feel would be better around Sept after the rains, roads will also be in relatively clutterfree condition. Just an idea.

If i get a good response, will create a separate thread.

Sorry inder for hijackig your thread.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 24th May 2010 at 12:58.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Guys,

How about a trip to Mahabalipuram ?
Great roads...nice beaches (albeit kinda private), very good sight seeing places.. and it may not require a friday bunk also. (option open though).

We could also hook in some T-Chennaites. Best part is we can plan it around mid june.

If i get a good response, will create a separate thread.

Sorry inder for hijackig your thread.
DD - I prefer arabian sea, inder got some link arround Gokarna, for Tenthouse/beach-house/farm house. And jog in monsoon will be a great view

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks